Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a Forensic laser like Jack but I thought they were reported to CPS not SS originally? Or has Jack remembered they're not American 🙊
Gawd dang it. She’ll have animal control on her ass if they see Coopsy’s nose.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Screenshot 2022-06-09 00.18.44.png

Bring it on witches I'm doing life for maliciously welfare checking Jack Monroe, I've got nothing left to lose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Astonishingly informed and brave are not words I would ever think could apply to Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
You can see already what she's thinking with this. That'll it'll be like the Asda rice all over again. She'll shout on Twitter, big herself up with mentions of Big Boss meetings, then take all the credit again for an achievement that was never hers. That's what she's hoping.
I think she's also looking for a payday. She said her first meeting was free and after that she charges consultancy fees, so does this mean the meetings with Asda are paid? And now she's thinking she can do the same with Sainsbos - witch about them online until they give her some hush money.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
I genuinely think at this point it must be very stressful being her. She's almost entirely reliant on other people's charity and the odd media appearance for her income, which could dry up at any time, especially with slowly increasing public scepticism and the cost of living crisis meaning people are cutting back on non-essential spending. And if she loses that, what else is she going to do? She hasn't had a job in ten years, doesn't have much if anything to show for what she's supposedly been doing during that time, and even if she did get hired somewhere she hasn't shown much evidence that she'd be reliable enough to keep the job. I find it hard to believe she's got huge piles of cash saved up either when she seems to spend money like water (and that's just on the stuff she lets us see), and I think it's likely that this behaviour would only increase when she's stressed. Who knows if her parents are even willing to help at this point, after she's basically built her career on accusing them of neglect?

At first all the minor fame was probably very exciting and I wouldn't be surprised if she really did think at one point that she was going to be massively influential in helping solve all these societal problems, but the longer it's gone on without her actually achieving anything the more she's boxed herself into this grift. On some level she must be aware that to keep herself afloat she'd have to spin out this misty-eyed poverty LARP for the next 35+ years when she already ran out of good material a long time ago, and at some point she's going to run out of road. Honestly just thinking about it gives me anxiety on her behalf.

Ahem, leave Sir Matt out of this please.
I think this explains the incessant tweeting for the last however many months it's been (84 years 😓). Her career was non-existent after DKL and the awful, nightmare collabs that followed. She was quiet on socials during the time she claims to have been in rehab and I don't think even one follower noticed her absence. The stupid Asda viral thing has really given her a second (third? sixth?) wind and now she won't shut up for fear of being utterly irrelevant again. Truly eye-roll inducing stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Aaaaaaand there's the cover up, right on cue.

Going back to the previous thread and the large numbers of books she seems to be able to give away, it used to be the case that if your book wasn't shifting out of the warehouse then the publisher would remainder it (sell it off very, very cheap to discounted bookshops like The Works). If it still didn't sell, then the leftover copies would be pulped. At some point in this process, authors would get the opportunity to buy the remaining copies themselves at a massive discount and I'm wondering if this is what's happened here - Jack has bought all the copies that would have been sold uber-cheap or destroyed. Any publishing fraus around who could say if that's possible? My knowledge of how the system works is about 15 years out of date.
A807C1A6-7FCC-4112-A745-45AFF6ACB86C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
So PQA is the standard competency-based interview. Meaning there is no way they would ask you to name staff as that’s not in the Job Spec is it? Anyway what if I tell you Bob the cleaner has a secret love child and Doris has gambling debts. How you gonna check?
One place I worked, the cleaner had a second job as a rather niche stripper. She was a plump, grandmotherly type. We kind of knew this, but my coworker accidentally witnessed it after going somewhere other than his usual for a pint. Imagine telling someone doing a promotion interview that?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
One place I worked, the cleaner had a second job as a rather niche stripper. She was a plump, grandmotherly type. We kind of knew this, but my coworker accidentally witnessed it after going somewhere other than his usual for a pint. Imagine telling someone doing a promotion interview that?!
It’s ok. It wouldn’t happen normally. Apart from the Southend station where you mention daddy is a fire officer/manager etc and then suddenly you get the job!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Like Lenny hate having to do this and sorry this must be boring the tit out of you all by now… but idk this call thing doesn’t feel v authentic to me. It’s something I’ve often seen or heard for people who have lost everything and are new in so incredibly vulnerable, people that are more likely to be in a residential facility or hostel type situation than functioning to some degree. Being able to take or make a phone call a day is a privilege many working people with families simply don’t have. I’ve also always pre arranged calls with sponsors for that reason. It’s also something that I’ve seen as more of a thing with the older generation and I imagine it’s because the technology to text or voice note simply wasn’t a thing back then.

Like I’m not saying she’s lying it’s just a very atypical thing for someone of her age who’s close to a year in to be discussing. A bit odd imo 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
Lenny and HTRIA absolutely love hearing your perspectives. It does sound like BS but you don’t want to say so in case it’s true and it causes offence. So is there 344 people in her meeting, or is it 20 and they rotate roughly every 3 weeks? To be honest that kind of thing sounds like MLM

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Like Lenny hate having to do this and sorry this must be boring the tit out of you all by now… but idk this call thing doesn’t feel v authentic to me. It’s something I’ve often seen or heard for people who have lost everything and are new in so incredibly vulnerable, people that are more likely to be in a residential facility or hostel type situation than functioning to some degree. Being able to take or make a phone call a day is a privilege many working people with families simply don’t have. I’ve also always pre arranged calls with sponsors for that reason. It’s also something that I’ve seen as more of a thing with the older generation and I imagine it’s because the technology to text or voice note simply wasn’t a thing back then.

Like I’m not saying she’s lying it’s just a very atypical thing for someone of her age who’s close to a year in to be discussing. A bit odd imo 🤷🏻‍♀️
It's not boring at all, but I feel for you guys having to constantly counteract her dangerous bs. It's good information in general, but also proves how little she really knows or tries to adhere to the program.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The campaign that she’s piggy-backing off is saying that Sainsburys don’t currently require their contracted staff to be paid the real living wage, which is currently £9.90 across the UK and £11.05 in London. I agree she’s as insignificant as a fart in the breeze on this particular issue - like what is she going to say in a meeting with the CEO that the investors who have brought the shareholder vote against Sainsburys haven’t already said?! But what the campaign is fundamentally asking for - Sainsburys to commit to pay all their staff the minimum it costs to live now and forever - is not a bad thing.
Micro grunk but they might be planning changes based on the shareholder vote and be using Jack as a useful idiot following the good press it got Asda

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Lenny and HTRIA absolutely love hearing your perspectives. It does sound like BS but you don’t want to say so in case it’s true and it causes offence. So is there 344 people in her meeting, or is it 20 and they rotate roughly every 3 weeks? To be honest that kind of thing sounds like MLM
Thank you dear heart, conscious of being me-raily as that’s not the intention but do feel obliged to clarify things as I wouldn’t ever want someone put off or to think what a bunch of freaks/odd oppressive rules.

Tbh I can believe she’s been given that advice, by an older person. I prefer suburban meetings and imagine demographically they’re v similar to Thorpe Bay (but less posh) and you will be told to do things like call people daily… but you’ve got to remember where that advice is coming from? It’s coming from the older gen (*bookmark will get to this later) who came from a time where the telephone was the only means of communication, there were fewer meetings, and the economy was different - you would be housed and fed whilst you took months/years off to get well, we don’t have that privilege now.

*On elders - love and respect my local old timers but you have to develop a point of view of your own that works for you, especially if you are a woman. Lots of them could do 90 in 90 because they had wives at home keeping the house going or maybe even still lived with their parents, if you’re a single mum that may not be an option to you. Things like fellowship or step work hosted at a person’s house aren’t always tenable anymore cos of the housing crisis (would be interested to know if this is the same in lower cost of living areas?) meaning people are in house shares or HMOs. Like a frau said it the other day about intergenerational wealth and her dad, the world is SO different that whilst you can really respect someone with 40,50,60 years you’re not living in the world they did back then so as inspiring and incredibly important to the fellowship they are, they’re not going to be the ones providing you with the toolkit for living in 2022. It’s a unique situation I suppose cos where else would you get such a range of ages discussing mental health and wellness, but a bit of critical thinking is needed. It’s a nuanced conversation that isn’t going to work on Twitter and I do wonder if I should even be writing it here?

But idk, constantly I’m left wondering if she just writes down tidbits in an iPhone note to tweet or if she’s actually doing any work or thinking on this subject…?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Just back from my mini break, and I see she's still on her bullshit.

I work closely with local police and social services professionally. If the Police have done a welfare check, it is more likely to be someone reporting a concern for her wellbeing - this sometimes arises out of a report of potential violence/serious arguments from neighbours, or checking up on someone who is known to be vulnerable (e.g. serious MH/alcohol/drug dependency).

They take this particularly seriously if there is a child or dependent in the house with the person causing concern.

As ever, she will have taken something which has a scintilla of truth, and twisted it into a story with her as the hero. In fact, if you unpick it, it suggests that she is seriously unwell/at risk. Something which people here have been pointing out for weeks.
This is what’s so infuriating. She bangs on constantly about how she is always getting death and rape threats, and also makes histrionic comments suggesting that people want her dead “whether by their or my hand”, or something along those lines. She tweets about her bad days and depression, and is public about her attempts at sobriety. She also has occasional custody of a young boy who she doesn’t appear to pay any attention to (she say he’s with her, but then tweets constantly), who has in the recent past, as she herself described, thought she was dead when she was just sleeping.
And she has 500,000+ followers. Some of whom, apparently, think she is the second coming.
So it’s hardly surprising (if any of the above is true, but this being Jack, who knows) that one of these many deluded followers might have been worried enough to call the police for a welfare check. There’s actually no reason to think this would have been malicious.
Unless of course all the above is just a bunch of lies, and she has narc rage because people have interfered with her narrative.

Micro grunk but they might be planning changes based on the shareholder vote and be using Jack as a useful idiot following the good press it got Asda
The only flaw in that proposition is that Jack is, in fact, a useless idiot. In real terms, she’s of no use at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.