Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s not what I’m meant to take from this but is she playing fast and loose with punctuation AGAIN?! Throws in commas, misses out apostrophes i *literally* can’t keep up.

“I was so angry I couldn’t even tweet at the time” nice try small fry, you tweet persistently through alllll the emotions. Were you napping when it was in the Metro?
Oh Lenny, I had the same reaction. Can fanny about with commas, but possessives? She doesn’t know them.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Lol at SB “just got in from school” at 3:55, sure he did, pal! The kid goes to school miles away, where he lives. Maybe there’s a new bullet train servicing the OAPs of Thorpe Bay?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
This is what I assume too. I know a lovely woman who has a chronic bullshitter for a daughter. She never calls BS daughter out as BS daughter also has a hideous temper and she's afraid access to the grandchildren will be cut off. We all know the truth and roll our eyes when the sob stories are posted on SM but there are a few peripheral people who unfortunately believe them.
This is how I see it I think.

Though at my school there was a girl who was a similarly chronic bullshitter, if she told you the grass was green you’d want to give it a little check for yourself type. When she started saying her father had abused her absolutely nobody believed her because she lied about everything, her parents shrugged and pointed to her many other lies. Until he ended up being investigated years later for doing it to another relative and the police found evidence she’d been telling the truth about that all along and the chronic bullshitting may well have been triggered by it. So while I doubt anything like that happened to Jack, there are certain situations where I guess it plays into people’s hands having a relative like that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Aye? Northern Jack? Is that you? duck off 😂.

I've been a member of a recognised union for decades. No one wants to strike just for the sake of it. They might make bleating noises like Jack. But you lose pay unless you go through the faff of claiming back from the UNION that you've paid your dues into. Generally it means you get a lot of shite hurled at you in the days after any strike action 🙄. You have to play catch up with your workload. No one does it for a fun thing to do. It's not something that I've ever taken lightly as a bit of a jolly.

I remember the days of selective strike action. During the days of secretaries, typing pools and WP operators. We'd be asked to strike selectively because EVERYTHING came to a halt. We did it because it had an impact. But we went back to work and caught up. It definitely isn't some sort of fun thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Well maybe don’t post a picture of your cat, or anything else. No one is making you, millions of us live our lives quite happily without posting our every fart. Why are you even posting a picture of your cat to strangers? No one cares that much, yeah your cat is cute, but so are most pets. If it causes you so much stress get the duck off twitter, but of course you won’t because you are chronically addicted to social media and dopamine hits it gives you.

Edited. I missed the bit where people were concerned about the cats nose. Yeah, thats not good, I bet he hasn’t been taken to the vet about it recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
The bramble bush and the family of trolling field mice is such an odd story / reason for his scratched nose. It’s pretty weird behaviour for a cat to repeatedly bash its nose against brambles - to the point of it getting scratched several times, year after year. Don’t cats rear away at the first sign of discomfort / immediately try to seek out another way in to the Redwall mice?
My cat is pretty stupid, naive and ginger but i’d think there was something wrong with his wiring if I saw him scratching his face over and over on the same bramble patch. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.