Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I take it her son was either never there or has gone home because, if she is perched on Twitter when she should be spending time with him, she deserves to be on her own.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
You would think she would have made use of her Union subs to push to get paid by the telegraph sooner than 3 years
NUJ has cheaper union dues if you’re a poor struggling pixie, bravely starting out in your media career. She earns under £20k, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She has claimed that Mini wasn’t actually hers and now lives in her forever home. On this occasion I choose to believe Jack because I don’t want to consider the alternative.

• Sad
Reactions: 48
She's referring to those poor little things as "Fostered" kittens? LJC she is taking the actual piss now. Even if Mini was rehomed it clearly wasn't the original plan. And as for SEP, words fail me.

Apart from: duck off Jack.

And "we" in relation to unions? duck all the way off Jack. And then duck off some more.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
What Union is she in like?

We don’t have a union at work, but we recognise them if someone wants to bring a rep in for a disciplinary/grievance meeting. I’ve been appalled these past few weeks at how little the union staff want to work with us to resolve issues, their first option is always to incite arguing, hate and want to strike. At one point during a hearing I had to tell the Union Rep one more instance of being rude or shouting/belittling and he’d be out.

No wonder Jack loves them.
I'm sorry you've had this experience @BeautifulTrauma. It's not helpful at all. My experience of reps on both sides is someone to guide and support, with no skin in the game. We all should know our employee rights, what's acceptable and what isn't. A rep should be there to clarify those rights.

Here's an interesting thing. When I put in my work life balance request to return to work after Mat leave over 18 years ago it was initially refused by letter. But I was called into a meeting anyway. I then looked at the policy properly. I admit I did just request what suited me with no thought except for my baby and family first time round. I went to the meeting prepared, with a rep for support, and it was fine. I got the working hours I wanted because I acknowledged the impact it might have on our service and my colleagues and was prepared to mitigate if I could. I spoke to my colleagues.

Almost 20 years later my work rota is used as a template for colleagues returning to work from Mat/Pat leave, for temporary adjustments due to family circumstances and for older colleagues to reduce their hours down with a view to retirement.

I hope this isn't seen a brag. Someone else would have done it anyway due to changing employment laws over time. Sometimes you have to look at the long game. Sit tight and not Jack it all in at the first sign of barriers and adversity.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Does anyone else think Lee Anderson looks like Derek Acorah? Just me?! I will let myself out.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
She has claimed that Mini wasn’t actually hers and now lives in her forever home. On this occasion I choose to believe Jack because I don’t want to consider the alternative.
There could be a less terrible explanation: Mini was supposed to be hers, hence being named to match her intended big brother Cooper. But Cooper didn't take to her and quickly became aggressive, so they decided this home wouldn't work out for Mini and she moved elsewhere.

Jack has pretended this was only supposed to be a fostering arrangement to save face.

I hope this is the true explanation anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I, too, could dive into a plateful of sewage.

View attachment 1325329

I'm reminded of an old sixties film with Peter Sellars called The Magic Christian. It's actually a satire about greed and capitalism and completely ridiculous into the bargain. But I thought the ending was always an apt comment on how low people are willing to go for money. I am reminded by both the slop and Jack's devotion to money.

"Toward the end of the film, Guy Grand fills up a huge vat with urine, blood and animal excrement and adds to it thousands of bank notes. Attracting a crowd of onlookers by announcing "Free money!", Grand successfully entices the city's workers to recover the cash. The sequence concludes with many members of the crowd submerging themselves, in order to retrieve money that had sunk beneath the surface, as the song "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman is heard by the film's audience."

img_7387.jpeg.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Is it Mini? She disappeared and even though squigs asked she never said what happened.
Ahh yes, she claimed they were going to their forever home (despite it looking like they were there to stay). I'm wondering if it was decided that Jack couldn't provide a good environment so they were moved on. Then again I don't know how much her ex cares for the cats so who knows. Perhaps he found someone who would actually pay for them.

I have decided to believe mini is alive and well in a lovely home somewhere far away from big Cooper and neglectful Monroe

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm sure I shouldn't ask, but...two. I know about pretzel, but what happened with the other?
I was referring to Mini because I simply don’t believe Jack. But there’s also Harriet and Mili who disappeared. Not to even mention Dash and the Guinea pigs who died from carbon monoxide poisoning after she shut them in a cupboard. She’s a serial neglecter if not worse. Cooper must be very resilient.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I was referring to Mini because I simply don’t believe Jack. But there’s also Harriet and Mili who disappeared. Not to even mention Dash and the Guinea pigs who died from carbon monoxide poisoning after she shut them in a cupboard. She’s a serial neglecter if not worse. Cooper must be very resilient.
Why the hell would she put them in a cupboard????? She is evil!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
My CEO earns £150k, deputy earns £130k. They both got a 5k bonus each, while staff got nothing. The deputy then showed off the new car they bought with said bonus.. to me, on minimum wage and reliant on UC top up.

Its tit. But its the way it works. I wouldnt want their jobs - i dont want that pressure!

As for unions - working in HR, I hate reps 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.