Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
Hello frauen! I probably won’t post that often but have created an account just to say PRAISE THE BABY JESUS that you all exist, because honestly it’s a weird life over here knowing for a fact that JM’s BS is BS and yet frequently seeing her promoted all over the media as some sort of expert, despite her demonstrable total fucking lack of expertise or even any media skill. I’ve done a bit of a grunk, and it does amaze me that all this info is already out there yet it seems no journos are actively poking around. These threads are spot on in their recognition and observations of her BS, and for any journos who might be scouting them, they’re also good in terms of evidence gathering to prove the BS is BS.

Special hello to Toffee, from a fellow native Southender. I don’t live in the ends any more and haven’t for [unspecified number of] years. But am in JM’s age range and, before I moved away, was involved in a couple of the social circles she always seemed to want to be central in but was only ever peripheral to, if even that.

Unlike some here (but I’m glad to see not all), I do feel very sorry for her. She has been excluded and ostracised socially for a very long time, in part because of her compulsive bullshitting, and yet she just can’t stop herself. Her life would be so much better if she actually did half the things she says she does, but she doesn’t. And as many have observed, she seems to have let her life be overtaken by a social media addiction. Her social media lying seems to be absolutely pathological at this stage - it’s SO frequent, and about such minor things that are easily disproved, in addition to the Big Lies. It’s hard not to have pity for someone whose life is so meaningless that this is what she chooses to do with it.

I actually grew up in a shitty bit of the town and went to shit schools, with kids from proper deprived households (some of whom were seriously mistreated by their parents too: not just “Mummy paid more attention to the other kids than me” as seems to be Jack’s idea of mistreatment). We all had shit prospects, and most of us didn’t do all that well after school, and many of my friends never escaped our neighbourhood even for a short while. My parents gave me a stable roof over my head (and at times we were able to take in my schoolfriends when their family situations were dangerous), but weren’t great parents other than that due to their own crappy upbringings. They also couldn’t afford to do anything more for me than the very basics most of the time. We had ONE holiday my entire childhood, and that was a week in a random bit of [another mainland UK country]. (My mum went abroad for the first time in her life a few years back, when she’d reached the tender age of 64.) Won’t give more info about my upbringing, etc. as could be a bit outing, but Jack’s povvo cosplay has nothing on me and my mates, who were actually from poor Southend families and didn’t have a fraction of the comfort or opportunity she’s had all her life, and who don’t have the type of parents who can pass on inheritances like she does. It’s so, SO fucking insulting to us actual poors for her to pretend she was poor. Never mind to now make a comfortable living from the platform she has as a result of her “I was poor once” backstory. Just, wow.

I know you frauen all know she lives somewhere nice, but unless you know Southend, you probably don’t really appreciate just how nice it is. It’s kind of like the St John’s Wood of Southend borough, basically - if well-off London enclaves are a useful reference point for anyone here. (With some parts of Leigh and Chalkwell being like the South Kensington of Southend!) Thorpe Bay, especially her bit, is really super naice. (To draw comparisons with other fairly well-known London neighbourhoods, the bit of town where I grew up isn’t massively far off somewhere like Broadwater Farm or the old Crossways/Devons estate. Except with much, MUCH less community spirit. It isn’t naice - it ain’t even nice, tbh - and it never will be. Any Southend frauen, you probably know exactly where I’m talking about, or at least will have it narrowed down to 2-3 small areas!) I’d happily walk round Jack’s bit of Thorpe Bay on my own after dark, even if I won’t walk round near my home patch after dark. It’s really lovely in her neighbourhood. Her parents’ road is also very nice indeed, although not as nice as the road where Jack’s SHITTY RENTED BUNGALOW is.

That said about my upbringing, and all the barriers I’ve faced and still face daily (because I’m autistic+ADHD, with actual proper diagnoses of both) - I’m a functional adult with great friends, lovely kids, and somehow I manage not to fib about things. I’m lucky, I managed to escape actual lifelong poverty, but in doing so had to relocate for training and work. Yep, I am LUCKY, because although I worked bloody hard to get where I am, I still got the type of lucky break that I see many, many hard workers never ever getting. And although I’ll still never own a property or inherit money, for example, my kids and I will do ok compared to where we started and that’s what matters. (Like … my kids have ISAs, but I never had anything like that because my family, and all the other people like my family, just don’t have things like that. Mainly cos we don’t know about them or think it’s not for the likes of us. I learnt about cooking and savings as an adult. Teaching poor people about this stuff IS a good idea, and I personally think Jack is awful for using her privileged position to say it isn’t a good idea. That’s how poor people are kept poor ffs, by remaining clueless about the alternatives.)

I’m a single parent, and unlike Jack I’m an actual Lone Parent and I work full-time. Youngest is younger than SB was during The Poverty so I really don’t get her excuses - yes working around kids is complicated but not impossible, and actually if you have support around you it’s totally doable. Jack always did and indeed does have family to share the weight. (My kids and I don’t live near my parents now, and sadly they wouldn’t be much use for childcare if we did because funnily enough poor people get disabled by poor health much earlier than rich people - so whereas her parents still live lovely rich full lives, and good on them for that, my parents have had serious health issues for years and one of my siblings lives with them to provide care.)

Jack’s mum and dad would never in a million years have let her and SB go cold or hungry, so the whole dynamic of The Poverty and her pretending she had no reliable sources of support during that time is weird as fuck. I don’t understand how her parents can be ok with Jack painting them as basically monsters who would have seen their daughter and grandson starve and freeze, and yet choosing never to defend themselves against all that. Maybe they’re quietly making their peace with the fact that their daughter has MH issues that result in her lying and playing perpetual victim. I don’t know what the other explanations might be for the fact they’ve never come out and said “erm, no, we’re not horrible people, and we didn’t actually want our daughter and grandson to starve”. It’s an odd one. They can’t be unaware of all the stuff she says on Twitter that they know isn’t true - the Jubilee gun nonsense indicated that they draw a line somewhere. They - very kindly IMO - choose to keep her in their lives, even though she’s trashed them to the world, and made them seem like really nasty people for letting her and her toddler starve and freeze. That’s very forgiving of them, and they’re clearly NOT horrible people at all. (As a parent, I’d hazard a guess that they probably want to keep their heads down so they can stay in her life and keep an eye out for her and look after her as much as they can.)

I sincerely believe that if Jack got the fuck off social media, she might actually be able to be productive, to make the difference she claims she wants to make, and she might even find some happiness in herself. That might mean she wouldn’t feel the need to lie about SO. MANY. POINTLESS. THINGS. (Or indeed hang around here to see what people are saying about her.) She wouldn’t be so keen for attention if she was actually happy and fulfilled. It’s genuinely a sad thing to see her choices and behaviours.

I’m torn between on one hand wanting to see a good piece of investigative journalism on Jack’s grift, and … well … on the other hand, wanting her to just stop fucking grifting, and wanting her to learn more about how to have tangible impact (and also wanting her for the love of god to learn how to properly interrogate and analyse a fucking basic dataset). If only she would take a nice big time out, to understand not only her immense privilege but what she ought to do with it, she could really use her platform for good. She could probably even do some meaningful and worthwhile work. But she mainly uses her platform for self-aggrandisement, hurling insults, and for pretending she’s doing meaningful work for poor people instead of actually going out and doing meaningful work. She could be way better. That Guardian bit the other day, I mean my god she could only aspire to be a fraction as effective as Kwajo has been, and he’s only 23. Amazing young bloke. He knows what’s up because he actually lives it, he doesn’t cosplay it. But she doesn’t know what she’s doing, and it shows so clearly nowadays.

I’m a bit disappointed that she won’t be able to bring that libel action against Lee Anderson, because I think it would be great for her to be forced to face up to all her BS in a formal (courtroom) setting. She IS profiting from people poorer than her: I don’t understand how she even thinks that comment can be challenged. But she won’t want to publish her Patreon or tip jar income, or info about all her other income streams, because people would be gobsmacked at the difference between how much money she has coming in vs her public struggling povvo pretentions, so the lawsuit can’t be allowed to happen. If she does have a good legal team, they’ll be advising her not to bother.

Jack, we know you read these threads and pay attention to them. Please take some advice from someone who doesn’t actually hate you but who really hates what you choose to do. Go on hiatus, get off social media for an extended period of time, get out and do actual meaningful work quietly and for no praise (like, QUIETLY volunteer for the foodbanks perhaps, meet more of the wide range of Southend povvos and maybe not be OMG amazed that many of us actually have brains and work ethics and have even had proper jobs and shit), and get yourself into some good quality talking therapy. You’d probably benefit more from DBT than anything else, but it can be very hard to access on the NHS - though I reckon a little of your Patreon income could pay for a couple of DBT sessions a month. Just, please, get good therapy with someone who will challenge you; work through why you’ve developed this need to lie (about tiny pointless things as well as big things), and why you need to attack people who point out you’re not being honest and truthful. Work out why the life choice you’ve made is to make a grift off the back of an origin story that is easily proven to be BS, instead of choosing to do something real and meaningful with your life. Therapy will be probably really uncomfortable for you, but it’s the only way you’re going to change for the better. You could move in with your folks for a couple of years and go low-profile while you get your head straight and plan a proper path.

If you carry on the way you are, it’ll be so much worse for you when your grift is eventually publicised. And it will be, cos more of us are confident calling it out now, we’re just so fed up of your BS. You’re simply not a credible spokesperson for people in crushing poverty, having never actually experienced it. You don’t actually know the feeling of total lack of opportunity and how stifling it is. You don’t actually understand about what it feels like to struggle your whole life because you know you’ll never, ever, ever have any money. You’ll never live like Common People - your dad owns multiple properties ffs (and your mum is a decent lady who for any faults has always had your back in practical terms) - so give up on the weird play-acting. Sort yourself out, actually take the time to get good at something, and you could do something real with your life instead of just spouting words and making empty gestures. You have another 50-60 years of your life to live yet; please don’t waste them all being shit forever.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 247

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
Sorry it’s taken me a while to reply, I’m taking some leave at the mo, and have been spending quality time with my kids because oddly enough I like them more than I like the internet. This morning’s post had actually been written over a few days, following a few weeks of occasional grunking after another friend had tipped me off to this site. Anyway my little critters are in bed, housework is done, emails sorted, so now it’d be rude not to reply to the best of my ability.

OH probably does exist. I agree with guesses that it’s a man, and I’m bi myself so do understand how difficult it would be for Jack to row back on her public lesbianism and announce a relationship with a man. When I’ve had relationships with women, I’ve known absolutely that I never wanted to be with a man again, and then a few years later whoops have had to change my mind because actually there are some lovely men out there and I’ve been attracted to some of them enough to go out with them. (Thank you to sympathetic commenters on previous threads, who have noted that biphobia is a thing and that it makes relationships difficult for those of us who’ve been adamant that we’re 100% gay 4EVA and then later realise we aren’t!) So I’m not going to throw any shade on Jack at all for keeping OH close to her chest and not posting photos or whatever, cos if OH is a man she will undoubtedly get some backlash on socials from some of her more bonkers followers. And although IMO she deserves plenty of shit for plenty of reasons, having a relationship with someone isn’t one of them. We should all be allowed to fall in love with another consenting adult without sniping about our sexuality, so no shade on that. I have an idea of who OH might be - definitely can’t say though, sorry, in case I’m wrong - but if I’m right then he’s a lovely chap who works long hours in multiple jobs. Not wealthy. Not the kind of guy you’d notice for his looks (either in a good or bad way) but a very kind and good man motivated by good things. The sort of man someone might take advantage of, sure, but equally the sort of man who might bring out the best side in someone. I hope for everyone’s sake that, even if I’m wrong about exactly who OH is, whoever OH actually is can bring out the good side of Jack, cos it looks from her Twitter like she hasn’t half let the bad side take over. But then, Allegra and Louisa both seem like thoroughly lovely, kind, warm people too, and they had no luck with Jack. So we’ll see.

Regarding the social circle stuff - I suppose I should be fairly careful … although tbh there’s not much of substance to it, and I don’t care much if Jack threatens to sue me anyway, because everything is either provably true or an honestly held opinion based on available facts. I’m not gonna be easy to identify from anything I say here, and didn’t sign up with my real email address. (Plus I have no assets and never will have, all my spare money goes in the kids’ savings, so I ain’t worth suing as I can’t buy Jack any sofas.)

Anyway without giving identifying detail 🔺 in my teens I finally began to meet other kids from around the town who weren’t from my background. Lots of them lived in Thorpe Bay and had lovely parents with big houses, who were happy to have large groups of miscellaneous teenagers partying in their garages or gardens, so I spent plenty of time in the area and know it well. Leigh too, and nice bits of Benfleet (but Benfleet was a serious pain to travel to when all you had was a bike, and no money for train or bus fare). It was a different era and social groups at the time were pretty mixed. There were some cliques, and the odd fight, there were different groups of lads who were known to not like each other, there were different groups of adults who were known to not like each other (some of my schoolfriends’ dads were childish fucking embarrassments; thankfully my own dad kept himself to himself), but no actual gangs back then really. But mainly, most people rubbed along pretty well, and everyone knew everyone to however many degrees of separation. Some of us povvos were welcomed at the fancy house parties the same as some rich kids were welcomed round the pirate radio broadcast. (Tbh the rich kids would be welcome cos they’d be the ones whose money we’d all use to buy hash and speed, sooooo … ! Yes, we were dickheads. Yes I regret a lot of it, and wish I’d known there were better things to do without money. My kids will know there are. Whether or not they’ll listen to me about anything is another matter, of course.)

One thing it might be useful to bear in mind is that Jack is from a family that, compared to the average family in the UK, is pretty well off (using net household wealth as a measure) … BUT a good number of Jack’s close comparators growing up, because they lived in a nice area AND she went to a grammar school, would have been the kids who were from families even better off than hers, instead of the average family or poorer families. I’m talking the showy yacht club families, in the really big Thorpe Bay Gardens or Cliff Parade houses that even in the early 2000s could cost getting on for a mill or so. Where the dads were in finance and fiddling their taxes to have more ready cash to do up their own houses or build their buy-to-let portfolios, and somehow still found the time to go shagging each other’s wives at the tennis club. (There was a Real Housewives Of Thorpe Bay series opportunity that got missed in the early 2000s!)

Socially the creative arts in town used to be a thriving free-for-all, but lots of it is now dependent on grant funding and that usually goes to quite a small group these days. When it was a free-for-all, there was a lot more social cohesion in the popular scene, and nobody really gave a fuck who came from what background. Especially at gigs or pubs or wherever. Through my late teens and 20s, and even early 30s, there were former heroin addicts happily rubbing shoulders with former private school kids, all playing music together and making art; commoners like me getting pissed and pilled up together (and often loved up) with the fine upstanding young men and women whose dads owned property portfolios across the borough. Southend was a pretty decent place socially in a lot of ways, despite there always being a lot of wealth inequality. It’s different now, fewer places to mix with people who aren’t like you.

This is all a very long way of explaining that, yeah I’m sure there were plenty of people who knew Jack was from a comfortable family, but the thing is, nobody actually cared. None of us EVER really cared who came from what background, not in that scene. The only reason people are caring more about her background and her BS now, is because she’s publicly attacking people all over the place, still leveraging her “but I was a Poor” story, and I think the Lee Anderson thing was a sort of breaking point for some of us. Like, the guy was literally down mines for a living and Jack makes out like she knows more about low pay and hard work than he does? NAH. If she was known to be a hard worker and actually put the hours in on the ground then maybe we’d just continue ignoring her BS, but she’s - how to put this politely - not known for her hard work on the ground. That’s why some of us are going “fucks sake can you believe the state of Jack Monroe” to one another now, when we’d never have bothered before. (Even though we might well think Lee Anderson is an arse too. Sorry Lee. Not a fan of your body of work generally, but do agree that cooking and budgeting lessons would be a great idea for lots of people from our sort of background.)

Anyway. The social exclusion stuff is actually a bit simpler/sadder than most of you are probably thinking, and it’s just that Jack wasn’t especially cool or well liked. No drama or anything, I just don’t remember anyone in my groups thinking she had much to add. I didn’t. That sounds harsh now, but I don’t know how else to describe it. I personally didn’t give her any thought at all until she got some publicity from The Poverty (which never added up for those of us who knew her, but I was busy at the time pulling myself out of a shit life path, others were all busy having families and losing parents and stuff, and who really cared anyway, right?). After that, she’d pop up in the media occasionally and I’d roll my eyes that nobody had exposed her BS yet. Then would promptly forget about her. Mainly stopped reading the Guardian a few years back, and the Guardian was the only place Jack ever popped up with any regularity. So I just didn’t think about her enough to give a fuck. But all this nonsense with Lee Anderson happened recently, and whatever I think of him and the way he is, the way she conducted herself over it finally pissed me off enough to have conversations with friends about her, one of whom told me about this here website.

As someone who truly cares about a lot of the stuff Jack says she cares about, I just wish she would use her powers for good, and put in the time and effort to develop a genuine and solid skillset she could use to have real impact. It’s not helpful for the cause of social justice in this country to have the loudest voices belonging to the Jacks, because it makes it so easy for the other side to go “well, you’re a liar from a comfortably-off family, not a Poor, why should we believe a word you say?” and discredit the whole argument. Or they can go “lol you muppet, you don’t even understand that median pay is the only possible useful measure for calculating a pay gap, so you’re clearly not as smart as you think you are, why should we take anything you say seriously?” (god that pay gap shit is embarrassing for her). Please become a better Jack, Jack - you could be useful to the cause if you were a better Jack.

As for her folks and why they keep quiet, I think it really is as simple as that parental instinct to protect their kid (and her kid). Kind of like SB’s dad, whose dignity I have to admit a bit of admiration for - he’s chosen to keep shtum instead of getting involved in her drama by correcting the record, bless him. To me that means SB’s dad has the right priorities because he’s putting his kid first, not his ego. Decent lad. Anyway, trying to think of her parents’ perspective, I imagine they’d probably conclude that nothing good would come from defending themselves. I don’t know them personally, but I simply don’t think they’re the type of people to prioritise their social standing over relationships in their own family. I know Big Dave gets a bit of ribbing here but fundamentally he’s a decent bloke, Mrs Dave is meant to be a nice lady too, and they’re old-school pillars of the community types. I honestly think Mummy and Daddy H are doing what they think is in the best interest of their family, even if that means letting the outside world think they were horrible bastards for leaving poor little Jack and SB to starve in their time of need. They know they didn’t do it, their friends know they didn’t do it, and that’s probably enough for them. Again, I think they really don’t seem like horrible people, they seem like decent, kind, and forgiving people.

And I have to say, if a kid of mine ever did to me what Jack’s done to them, if said kid ever made out I was neglectful and cruel … well, if said kid were in the public eye, I’d probably just do what Ma and Pa H have done, try and smooth it all over and have everything as nice as possible. Alienating your kid by calling them out on their BS, when they’ve built a big public profile and struggle with MH issues, would be a very hard decision to make, and not one a loving parent would be able to make easily. So I can totally understand if that’s the main driver for their silence.

Nighty night frauen. Thank you for the warm welcome. It’s nice to be in the company of others who know the backstory doesn’t add up (and nor do a lot of the other stories). I’m not going to stay up till 4am on Twitter or grunking, even though I haven’t got work in the morning, but hello Jack if you choose to do that. (I do wish you were better Jack. Please get some sleep and think about being better.)

• Heart
Reactions: 169

colouredlines

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220606-173452_Twitter.jpg

This is in response to Jack calling Tom a bellend.

Jack, you're a cunt.

(Not name-calling, Jack ~is~ your name. Go well.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 131

colouredlines

VIP Member
Quick reminder: Jack posted a photo of Mini to her Insta in December. Twelve weeks later, someone asked her about the cat. I screenshotted it and posted it here, and Jack deleted the photo a few days later.

Screenshot_20220314-105244_Instagram.jpg

A couple of tweets:

Screenshot_20220608-043358_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220608-043339_Twitter.jpg

I know there are some people here who think that Jack uses careful wording to avoid outright lying, so she can do a "gotcha! I was actually the brothel cook!" later. I really don't think so, not least because Jack and careful wording go together like chalk and Smart Price cheese. When Jack's caught lying she just tells another lie, utterly shamelessly (favourite example: "I've only ever had one cat." "You used to have two other cats." "I only have one cat AT THE MOMENT.").

She literally said it was her kitten. Then she refused to answer questions and sneakily deleted the Insta pic. Now she claims she was just catsitting.

Wake up, squiggles! You're worshipping a false prophet!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 111

Hayze2384

Chatty Member
There was a young smol from Southend,
Who called young Tom a bellend.
Her trifle was spiteful,
She sat on a rifle,
Her life is all lies and pretend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
EXCL: I have obtained an image of Jack Monroe - whose Twitter is a fuckery of bilious dirge and a tenuous relationship with facts - leaving her home without a facemask post-pandemic. The picture reveals the former Guardian ‘cook’ sitting on some heavy artillery looking like a bellend.

FUgDiN-XsAc_pBQ.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
It gave me the chills to see that she's now secretary or something. It shows that the group leaders are fully taken in by her.
Sorry this is gonna be a long comment cos there’s so much to touch on - but no, thankfully this isn’t really the case but I imagine Jack thinks it is hence her constant bleating on about it. These people will be elected at a group conscious which (ime) barely anyone turns up to anyway, they’ll put themselves forward and someone else will second that. Then it happens. There’s lots of instances where secretaries go by the wayside and it’s why it’s more common for them to require two years of sobriety than one (again, ime) as they’re often the key holders! It’s a non hierarchical program so it’s not her being elevated above us mere mortals nor a gold standard on her sobriety, it’s a service position she’s taken on. And again just ime (not fact or inter/national truth) it’s usually the hardest position to fill as it requires you to be there week in week out, rain or shine, and it’s why I’ve never done it (I do tea 💅🏻).

And yeah I completely agree. There are more articulate fraus who will be able to say this properly but imo she’s an incredibly abusive and manipulative person. And there are plenty of foul abusive and manipulative men who’ve used MH and addiction issues as part of this pained genius mythology/reputation for themselves, she’s so desperate to be a legend that she’s just cosplaying it in the hope it sticks. Like conscious of over sharing or me-railing but even though my journey into recovery wasn’t necessarily what you’d expect for AA as I loved uppers and going out more than drinking tbh, but I’ve never ever ever heard any woman share a story remotely like Jack’s but plenty like me - far more women who just couldn’t deal with their brains with added chemicals than the six billion unit drinkers who miraculously abstain when a kid is at home, it just doesn’t happen, sorry.

She’s an incredibly inauthentic person who doesn’t know herself so picks up these identities, diseases and illnesses, mental health conditions and other “issues” in the hope of forming a person. She’d be better off shedding all this stupid Twitter shit and finding out what actually makes her happy. This isn’t even shady but honestly maybe working in John Lewis and training to be a visual merchandiser so she can play with their stock all day long would be a more fulfilling path than pretending to like food or care about poor people? Surely this is the shit a therapist should be talking to her about not ✨what bookings will you be taking Q3 dahling✨

There’s more to be said on rooms being safe spaces and authenticity and ego and tbh dangerous predatory individuals but tattle isn’t the place for me to share those feelings, but they do exist. The rooms have been going for time and there’s been worse than Jackie and there will be worse to come yet, there are traditions governing us and old timers who stomp shit out pronto so Southend massive pls don’t be dissuaded from attending for fear of Richard Hammond being there in her acid wash cuffed denim. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 105

Geetbo

VIP Member
I think she might have, and thanked him privately. He's not asking her about it any more. IDK though maybe he's just given up 🤷‍♀️
Maybe he’s stopped tweeting because it was indeed him in the box and he’s starved to death.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102