Jack Monroe #32 Shan't!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My take on the infamous thread 31 is this (all speculation m'lud):

1) She begrudgingly respects us. She's been surrounded by the sycophants for so long, I think on some level she despises them for being so blindly adoring. Like she said on the thread, she really doesn't like herself, so whilst she craves their attention and love, it rings hollow because she can't bring herself to believe it. Here, on the other hand, calls her on her bullshit and sees right through her. She hates being found out but can't help but be a little impressed. I get it; I'm the same (without the narc bit). Can't take a fawny compliment unless I feel like I've deserved it (rarely) and really appreciate blunt honesty.

2) Carrying on from 1, she craves our validation, which is why I think she came on here. She came cos she can't bear to be disliked, and thought if she 'set the record straight', we'd welcome her with open arms. Unfortunately for her, we don't care if her sideboard weighs 93kg or 193kg, or what pedigree her damn cat is - we dislike her because of something much deeper than that, and I think she's way past the point of being able to change. She's in a very deep spiral of obsession, self-loathing and quick fixes that come from her SM addiction and narcissism - it's a toxic combo and she'll do anything and say anything she can to keep it going because she craves it.

3) Finally, I do actually think a lot of what she says are 'half' (or quarter, or tenth, or millionth) truths, or at least they are in her head. I imagine she sees herself as an incredibly honest person (lol) and that if she exaggerates it's only to 'help people' (double lol). She probably did have soy sauce in her bag and grabbed it instead of her drink, but I doubt she drank from it. Perhaps someone did barge in on her in the loos but I doubt she was covered in her own menstrual blood. It's like when a funny autocorrect happens on your phone when you're texting someone and you spot it before you send it, but you send it anyway because it's funnier that way. She's built up this persona as a 'chaos' (ugh) and is constantly adding to it (perhaps to cover up her other personality deficiencies) - I think this is why she's so outraged that we don't believe this stuff, because to her they ARE truths. I know a few people like this, where stuff is just CONSTANTLY happening to them. You feel a bit boring, because none of that stuff ever happens to you, but then you realise that half of it is bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Relatively new member. My opinion on the kitten (if someone else said it I've missed it) is that she's going for the programme Supervet with the the vet Noel whatsisname as they fund the treatment for some of the people on the show. I think it's on channel 4.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My take on the infamous thread 31 is this (all speculation m'lud):

1) She begrudgingly respects us. She's been surrounded by the sycophants for so long, I think on some level she despises them for being so blindly adoring. Like she said on the thread, she really doesn't like herself, so whilst she craves their attention and love, it rings hollow because she can't bring herself to believe it. Here, on the other hand, calls her on her bullshit and sees right through her. She hates being found out but can't help but be a little impressed. I get it; I'm the same (without the narc bit). Can't take a fawny compliment unless I feel like I've deserved it (rarely) and really appreciate blunt honesty.

2) Carrying on from 1, she craves our validation, which is why I think she came on here. She came cos she can't bear to be disliked, and thought if she 'set the record straight', we'd welcome her with open arms. Unfortunately for her, we don't care if her sideboard weighs 93kg or 193kg, or what pedigree her damn cat is - we dislike her because of something much deeper than that, and I think she's way past the point of being able to change. She's in a very deep spiral of obsession, self-loathing and quick fixes that come from her SM addiction and narcissism - it's a toxic combo and she'll do anything and say anything she can to keep it going because she craves it.

3) Finally, I do actually think a lot of what she says are 'half' (or quarter, or tenth, or millionth) truths, or at least they are in her head. I imagine she sees herself as an incredibly honest person (lol) and that if she exaggerates it's only to 'help people' (double lol). She probably did have soy sauce in her bag and grabbed it instead of her drink, but I doubt she drank from it. Perhaps someone did barge in on her in the loos but I doubt she was covered in her own menstrual blood. It's like when a funny autocorrect happens on your phone when you're texting someone and you spot it before you send it, but you send it anyway because it's funnier that way. She's built up this persona as a 'chaos' (ugh) and is constantly adding to it (perhaps to cover up her other personality deficiencies) - I think this is why she's so outraged that we don't believe this stuff, because to her they ARE truths. I know a few people like this, where stuff is just CONSTANTLY happening to them. You feel a bit boring, because none of that stuff ever happens to you, but then you realise that half of it is bullshit.
I doubt she gives a flying duck about us except as how it reflects on her. Anyway, has she sent in her list of triangulated offenders yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Relatively new member. My opinion on the kitten (if someone else said it I've missed it) is that she's going for the programme Supervet with the the vet Noel whatsisname as they fund the treatment for some of the people on the show. I think it's on channel 4.
Yeah, he’s been tagged by one of her followers on Twitter. Funny that...

Oh, I can’t work out how to edit my first post, but apologies for posting a giphy thing from what appears to be the Republican National Convention! 😖 I was too ANGRY to check my source!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Poor little thing.

Stripey Git is disabled. But he is relentlessly happy at all times and hasn't cost me a penny in vet fees.

However, in order to cover him for getting hurt/escaping into traffic, etc, he is insured. £45 quid a month. To not cover anything relating to his disability (he's a 'wobbly cat').

I wouldn't actively choose a kitten on the basis of being disabled - wouldn't worry about a tripod, another wobbly one or having to handrear a much younger one (been there and done it), but the cost would make it prohibitive unless I had thousands stashed away in the bank.

The hardest thing about pet ownership is having to say 'I am responsible' when being responsible means ignoring your feelings and doing what is right for the animal, whether that's consenting to the last injection, stumping up hundreds on wanky cat food because the end consumer is gluten intolerant or accepting that whilst you want to help the cute little kitten, you do not have the finances or emotional reserves in place to ensure that extensive veterinary bills are paid and, as such, you can't take that particular kitten on.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think we can all only hope that the kitten adoption is just another thing in a long line of projects Jack's bragged about that have never happened, and then disappeared forever.

Reactions: 16
Long time lurker on this thread, but just wanted to say thanks for the lols over the past couple of days. Also, the trolling her Insta Live was bad bad behaviour that made me feel really uncomfortable (you could tell by her face that she was having a horrible time and it wasn’t very nice) but whoever made the Vivienne Westwood comment is a comedy genius and it did make me snort despite of myself!

Reactions: 27
Hello! Another delurker here. Used to be a JM fan, have her books and even had the latest on pre-order which some tech fault (tech! The root of all evil!) wouldn’t let me cancel. Thankfully, Wised Up me had switched to a new debit card from the one Naive Me had been making poor decisions with, so the order couldn’t go through - a narrow escape!

I am so newly wised up that I even told my boyfriend it was a shame JM hadn’t been given the Channel 4 gig :oops:. He quite rightly dismissed my drivel by saying JO is much higher profile etc. Then I saw the JO rant and put it together with a couple of other tantrums and things which didn’t quite add up. I googled JM to check I wasn’t going mad, up came these threads and I duly Grunkalunkared. So many funny posts and excellent book/TV recommendations from you all👌

The screenshots of deleted tweets etc made my eyes pop. If you don’t see them on JM’s feed before they implode it gives you a completely different impression of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I hope the cat is ok and I hope it does get taken in by someone caring if Jack can’t care for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
😂 The husband, who as I've said before, had led an 'interesting' life, was once a heroin addict. He certainly never freaked out if it was mentioned. I don't either, even though he was clean the entire time we were together, it still impacted on so much of his world view, and how the world viewed him. It's one of those things, isn't it?
My biological father died of a heroin overdose and I was the one who found him, yet I wasn't offended by the heroin comment. I know people react differently to different things but come on 🤦🏾‍♀️
I know. Why is it always her having everything so much worse than everyone else? And why does she never stop and ask herself that?.

No empathy. No self awareness.

Then she wonders why she’s so miserable all the time.

• Heart
I wish I could contribute more often but I'm homeschooling two children and I'm genuinely wiped out by their bedtime so often end up in bed catching up before I conk out, you're all so hilarious.
Two things stand out to me from last thread and this new thread. Firstly I know someone mentioned already the diagnosis process of autism might vary (sorry I can't remember who it was) but Jack's story about this is niggling at me because I know for a fact an educational psychologist cannot diagnose Autism, they make an in depth assessment of abilities in different areas of learning, then from those assessments will place them on a percentile on each area so you can see where they are comparatively against the average range for their age. They will then make suggestions on how to help your child progress in those areas they may struggle with. They do not speculate nor make suggestions of suspected learning difficulties they think your child has.
The findings from these assessments, IF they show your child is behind significantly for their age will have to be passed on to other professional i.e Pediatrician, who will gather the information from the other network of professionals, like educational psychologist and teachers, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, then and only then will there be an official diagnosis and if there was a recommendation to send her to a different school because of this diagnosis a parent would not be able to 'sweep it under rug' they would have to act on this recommendation, as to actively ignore this would cause Social Services to get involved as the parents would be actively neglecting what's in the best interest of their child. Health professionals would be expected to, have a DUTY to report these instances to social services.

Secondly I believe the cat could be coming from abroad, from places where there aren't protections for animals so people take it upon themselves to rescue stray cats and dogs, they have a working relationship with some rescues in the UK (like the one where I live and almost adopted a dog through them this way) they bring the pets here then connect them with the owners. After finding out a bit more about this process I decided not to go ahead with the adoption as I found the process completely strange and oddly WAY laxer than the UK's adopting rescues regulations and a lot of these animals are brought here with diseases and health issues, that you don't know about and there's no way of knowing if the money that was sent goes towards the animals being rescues because it's completely unregulated.
I'm sure someone out there has adopted this way and all has been well so I don't mean to taint this route with how I feel about my particular experience but it's just how I felt.

It is however completely irresponsible of her to adopt an animal with such complex needs when she has admitted multiple times she is not financially stable 😠
I find the autism thing really odd too. Namely because I have a sibling and another relative with autism. Around Jack’s age, we lived in a similar area of the country.
Autism diagnosis in the 90s and very early 00s wasn’t like the way autism is diagnosed (and in some cases “diagnosed” by individuals themselves) nowadays. There wasn’t such a wide spectrum taken into account. It wasn’t “oh Jamie has issues making eye contact and is really methodical, we think he has Aspergers”.

To be assessed for it you had to be really behind in school, and not just a bit, significantly behind other children scholastically. It was seen as a learning disability, not a social disorder like it is today.

I honestly think she’s just self diagnosed based on the current, largely social media driven view of what autism is on the further reaches of the spectrum, but doesn’t want to say so as not to lose credibility.😕 sad really.

Reactions: 18
Please stop talking about banned members, it's offtopic and half of the stuff we know behind the scenes isn't known so it's fruitless.

The rules are clear and people that keep breaking them will have their access removed for the benefit of everyone. You get several warnings before being banned and if someone insists on keeping breaking them we have no choice.

Thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
^^Yes, this is my experience too.

My brother saw an educational psychologist who assessed his needs in the classroom, and told the teacher and my parents how they could help him cope with the areas he struggled in, what they needed to change for him etc.

Autism was never mentioned. But when i briefly outlined him/his needs when my son was being assessed (they asked about family history) she agreed with us that it's probably likely he'd be diagnosed today. Back then though? No way. He was able to keep up in mainstream, and didn't display obvious autistic traits as I'd understand them now. He's roughly the same age as Jack. And even today it is still hard for girls to be diagnosed because autism in girls is different from in boys.

Reactions: 5
We might find out what the manky photos are for soon if she's had time to reverse engineer something.

• Haha
Well hello you laaaavley lot, i've actually been doing stuff today and felt better being out although i am burnt now.

Anyone want to round up the last 15 pages?

Anyone mentioned the fact the cat tweet says 'so much less hassle than humans' wonder who that is aimed at?:censored:

• Wow
Reactions: 13
^^Yes, this is my experience too.

My brother saw an educational psychologist who assessed his needs in the classroom, and told the teacher and my parents how they could help him cope with the areas he struggled in, what they needed to change for him etc.

Autism was never mentioned. But when i briefly outlined him/his needs when my son was being assessed (they asked about family history) she agreed with us that it's probably likely he'd be diagnosed today. Back then though? No way. He was able to keep up in mainstream, and didn't display obvious autistic traits as I'd understand them now. He's roughly the same age as Jack. And even today it is still hard for girls to be diagnosed because autism in girls is different from in boys.
Absolutely this, but it isn't actually any easier to get a formal diagnosis now then it would have been then, I think it's just more widely recognised now so a lot of people do self diagnose.
It's really really important to understand the definition between displaying autistic traits and actually having Autism.
My child displays autistic traits ( hence the assessment, which was private and expensive) but doesn't meet enough of the criteria to be diagnosed as Autistic (is not behind in school, does not struggle socially etc)

Reactions: 6
Please stop talking about banned members, it's offtopic and half of the stuff we know behind the scenes isn't known so it's fruitless.

The rules are clear and people that keep breaking them will have their access removed for the benefit of everyone. You get several warnings before being banned and if someone insists on keeping breaking them we have no choice.

Thanks.
We can still talk about banned member Jack, though, yes? 😈

(Please don't ban me for being a facetious cow I just love the drama)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.