Jack Monroe #32 Shan't!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She changes style to match whatever man she's with at the time. She gave her beloved 🙄 dogs away in order to take up a 6 month contract at the BBC. The contract wasn't renewed.
De-lurking to join the Vonny witch-along! My pal worked with her at the BBC and said she would sit in the canteen in full goth get-up and do tarot for people :ROFLMAO:. She and Jack are like two peas - I definitely remember Jack offering to send Vonny some herbal teas because Vonny was complaining about something or other (probably about her ENDLESS covid). During my more naive days I almost went on a date with her when she was the darling of the indyref. Thankfully it never happened...

Anyway just want to say this evil cabal of hausfraus has been a joyful, dramatic and HILARIOUS distraction whilst I drag myself through the final weeks of my PhD! I've lurked from the beginning so I've never even had to Grunka... 👀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
And don’t forget. She’s personally deeply upset about the taking heroin comment due to a personal deeply upsetting personal reasons from her past that she will not share. 🙄 she’s just so much more effected by it than anyone else.

Why? What on Earth could it be that the mere mention of it upsets her so much more than anyone else apparently. Her mum and dad aren’t as far as I know. To me that’s all it could be. That or a significant other dying from it and we would definitely know by now if that we’re the case! That one would have been dragged out for the pity parade long ago!

So what? Particularly emotionally wrought after watching Trainspotting??!!!
This is just like her saying blm matters to her more than most or whatever it was when , as someone here pointed out, everyone should support it unless you’re Katie Hopkins anyway 🙄

Reactions: 19
WHY oh WHY has the kitten not been to the vet before now?! The way she's put it makes it sound like it hasn't seen a vet yet at all even to see if it's in any pain. I'm totally furious. This is the worst thing she's done.
I don’t get where she’s adopting it? Rescue centres always do vet checks first. This is just an excuse to go back on twitter imo

If you like tales of utter bullshit, get yourself on there right now. It's only one thread but there's a link worth following too. It's an investment of your time, I promise. She even got knocked down in the sea by a DEAD SEAL.
Her stories are even more absurd than jacks, I really think she is trolling to see how much she can get away with

Reactions: 12
And don’t forget. She’s personally deeply upset about the taking heroin comment due to a personal deeply upsetting personal reasons from her past that she will not share. 🙄 she’s just so much more effected by it than anyone else.

Why? What on Earth could it be that the mere mention of it upsets her so much more than anyone else apparently. Her mum and dad aren’t as far as I know. To me that’s all it could be. That or a significant other dying from it and we would definitely know by now if that we’re the case! That one would have been dragged out for the pity parade long ago!

So what? Particularly emotionally wrought after watching Trainspotting??!!!
My biological father died of a heroin overdose and I was the one who found him, yet I wasn't offended by the heroin comment. I know people react differently to different things but come on 🤦🏾‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
OT but thanks to whoever recommended ting as a non alcoholic drink I found out they sell it in my local shop, I’m addicted!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My biological father died of a heroin overdose and I was the one who found him, yet I wasn't offended by the heroin comment. I know people react differently to different things but come on 🤦🏾‍♀️
I am really sorry to read this @IGisntreal

I must admit, I found the heroin comments distasteful but it is typical Jack to claim some mysterious, secret and unmentionable reason why the word heroin cuts her like a knife. duck off Jack, it's fine to just say you didn't appreciate the comments, no need to allude to some terrible tragedy (again).

Reactions: 31
I didn’t know she had given the dogs away, that’s disgusting!
I don’t understand how anyone can give away pets unless it was life or death

If she’s down with some sort of cat crowdfunder, then she is absolutely bleeping irredeemably a bleep. Can’t think of anything more eloquent to say. Lemme find a gif...

It’s so absurd if you can’t afford a pet don’t get one,they are expensive, apparently over A lifetime a cat costs 17,000! I’d love another (10 more) Cats but I cannot afford it at the moment so I’m not getting one, I’m surprised she hasn’t done Patreon appeals specifically for new shoes/ sausages for SB

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Good evening from a hot and bothered hausfrau. I tell you what, perimenopause is an absolute HOOT in this weather! I feel like I've got clown shoes filled with molten lava instead of normal feet.

Anyway, I'm only echoing what lots of you have said but I felt really uncomfortable with Jack being here yesterday, and not in the way she intended. I think she thought that she could swoop in like an angel of self-justice and stun us into humble silence - maybe even win us over - but in actuality, she just argued, equivocated and sniped at people, doing herself no favours at all. It was like your boss showing up at your works party to try to shut down negative conversation about them. It felt sad but also invasive. I check in here every day now, even if I've got nothing to say, because this is such a funny, intelligent and compassionate community... and all of a sudden, there's Jack in the midst of it, spoiling for arguments and shouting over everyone's heads like the energy vampire she is.

This reminded me that a few years ago, I was involved with a narcissist. He wasn't in Jack's league but he simply couldn't take responsibility for himself. He would twist my words, brazenly rewrite conversations, be purposely obtuse and argue tirelessly that day was night, just to lay everything at my door. It was the loneliest, most disconcerting relationship I've ever been in because although I knew he was 'off', I questioned myself constantly to the point where I felt I was losing the plot. Now, when I think of the emotional energy I spent on trying to understand him, I feel dismayed - and relieved that I walked away.

You can't argue with a narc. You can't reason with a narc. They will drain you without thinking because you're not a person to them, you're simply a short-term source of reassurance. If you cut off the supply, they will look elsewhere.
I think we went out with the same bloke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Congrats on the house @IGisntreal 🥳 we’re about to start saving for a deposit (got a credit card to pay off first) so we’re years away from owning a house but I can’t wait to get there!

The cat thing has really pissed me off. I love cats. My goal in life is to be a crazy cat lady. But for now I just have the one because I know she would be even more of a moody little git (love her really) if I brought another cat into our home. If I were to ever have more than one I would adopt them together, which my vet advised me when I asked about getting another cat. If JM crowdfunds for her new kitty she can get to duck. She should dip into her savings (you know, from the excess money she has from only considering the living wage as her actual money) or sell the designer gear she has. Or the brand new Smeg. OR perhaps don’t adopt a disabled kitten in the middle of a mental breakdown and allow someone who knows what the duck they’re doing to take care of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wish I could contribute more often but I'm homeschooling two children and I'm genuinely wiped out by their bedtime so often end up in bed catching up before I conk out, you're all so hilarious.
Two things stand out to me from last thread and this new thread. Firstly I know someone mentioned already the diagnosis process of autism might vary (sorry I can't remember who it was) but Jack's story about this is niggling at me because I know for a fact an educational psychologist cannot diagnose Autism, they make an in depth assessment of abilities in different areas of learning, then from those assessments will place them on a percentile on each area so you can see where they are comparatively against the average range for their age. They will then make suggestions on how to help your child progress in those areas they may struggle with. They do not speculate nor make suggestions of suspected learning difficulties they think your child has.
The findings from these assessments, IF they show your child is behind significantly for their age will have to be passed on to other professional i.e Pediatrician, who will gather the information from the other network of professionals, like educational psychologist and teachers, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, then and only then will there be an official diagnosis and if there was a recommendation to send her to a different school because of this diagnosis a parent would not be able to 'sweep it under rug' they would have to act on this recommendation, as to actively ignore this would cause Social Services to get involved as the parents would be actively neglecting what's in the best interest of their child. Health professionals would be expected to, have a DUTY to report these instances to social services.

Secondly I believe the cat could be coming from abroad, from places where there aren't protections for animals so people take it upon themselves to rescue stray cats and dogs, they have a working relationship with some rescues in the UK (like the one where I live and almost adopted a dog through them this way) they bring the pets here then connect them with the owners. After finding out a bit more about this process I decided not to go ahead with the adoption as I found the process completely strange and oddly WAY laxer than the UK's adopting rescues regulations and a lot of these animals are brought here with diseases and health issues, that you don't know about and there's no way of knowing if the money that was sent goes towards the animals being rescues because it's completely unregulated.
I'm sure someone out there has adopted this way and all has been well so I don't mean to taint this route with how I feel about my particular experience but it's just how I felt.

It is however completely irresponsible of her to adopt an animal with such complex needs when she has admitted multiple times she is not financially stable 😠

Reactions: 23
Hi 👋🏻 I’ve been lurking since what feels like forever, but probably dates back to just after the THAT MAN incident and I can’t remember how I found Tattle in the first place!

Have been alternately following/grunkalunkaing (grunkling?) ever since and never felt eloquent enough to post. But thanks for the laughs/drama/recipe book suggestions etc etc. I’m just glad no-one has got into a gin discussion as I’d be spending even more money during never ending lockdown.

I digress.

The (sad little) kitten announcement has pushed me over the edge! For duck’s sakes!!!!! Do not bring your ‘chaos‘ on a poor little kitten you can’t look after! Don’t be in the midst of a breakdown working 20 hour days (eyeroll) worrying about money and add in a vulnerable and potentially costly animal! Any of the ever decreasing sympathy I had for Jack (relating to my past sometimes chaotic/depressive behaviour and related embarrassment) has gone. I get that the kitten is lovely and I’m heart-broken for it, but IT’S NOT FAIR to do this!! Argh!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Is the kitten coming from the ludicrous Vonny who over-breeds her elderly cat?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Also like someone said earlier, I think most of us are able to see a bit of ourselves in Jack and want her to do well which is why we get so frustrated with her and this kitten thing definitely struck a chord with me as there has been multiple times I've catapulted myself into situation to help someone or rescue some mangy animal (like the dog I mentioned before) but I have to stop myself because I am aware that I do these things without thinking it through , as she does too! She knows her ADHD makes her do rash things, she can be completely self aware in a brilliant way sometimes so I wish she was able recognise that is one of those occasions where her decision making is questionable now!!!!!
Jack love, if you're reading I genuinely hope you're taking this on board, don't feel attacked...don't lash out....just think! Pause for a minute and really analyse what is it you're doing, as I know you are able to!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wish I could contribute more often but I'm homeschooling two children and I'm genuinely wiped out by their bedtime so often end up in bed catching up before I conk out, you're all so hilarious.
Two things stand out to me from last thread and this new thread. Firstly I know someone mentioned already the diagnosis process of autism might vary (sorry I can't remember who it was) but Jack's story about this is niggling at me because I know for a fact an educational psychologist cannot diagnose Autism, they make an in depth assessment of abilities in different areas of learning, then from those assessments will place them on a percentile on each area so you can see where they are comparatively against the average range for their age. They will then make suggestions on how to help your child progress in those areas they may struggle with. They do not speculate nor make suggestions of suspected learning difficulties they think your child has.
The findings from these assessments, IF they show your child is behind significantly for their age will have to be passed on to other professional i.e Pediatrician, who will gather the information from the other network of professionals, like educational psychologist and teachers, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, then and only then will there be an official diagnosis and if there was a recommendation to send her to a different school because of this diagnosis a parent would not be able to 'sweep it under rug' they would have to act on this recommendation, as to actively ignore this would cause Social Services to get involved as the parents would be actively neglecting what's in the best interest of their child. Health professionals would be expected to, have a DUTY to report these instances to social services.

Secondly I believe the cat could be coming from abroad, from places where there aren't protections for animals so people take it upon themselves to rescue stray cats and dogs, they have a working relationship with some rescues in the UK (like the one where I live and almost adopted a dog through them this way) they bring the pets here then connect them with the owners. After finding out a bit more about this process I decided not to go ahead with the adoption as I found the process completely strange and oddly WAY laxer than the UK's adopting rescues regulations and a lot of these animals are brought here with diseases and health issues, that you don't know about and there's no way of knowing if the money that was sent goes towards the animals being rescues because it's completely unregulated.
I'm sure someone out there has adopted this way and all has been well so I don't mean to taint this route with how I feel about my particular experience but it's just how I felt.

It is however completely irresponsible of her to adopt an animal with such complex needs when she has admitted multiple times she is not financially stable 😠
6D390EE3-0455-44E7-9DD2-9D98A9445879.jpeg

Apparently not. It really is quite curious. I suppose it got us all talking about the cat rather than whatever she thought she was doing on wednesday though. I’m sure if it falls through it’ll somehow be our fault!

Also 👋🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm automatically going straight to the Influencers forum for this thread. Keep forgetting she's been demoted.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.