Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must register an objection: the correct thread title was this:

View attachment 1306903

It was the second-most liked post on the whole thread. Booooooooooo! Hiiiissssssss!

(I jest, but let us all bestow upon it the acknowledgement it deserves!)
It was illegally early - I went for the most votes after page 30

ETA however I see it has been changed, I have logged a post in forum business for mods to clarify

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Jack describing where she lives (a very remote par5 of Southend, apparently): "It's a bit of a mission for journalists to get to me, so I get left alone."

Yes, because if Jack lived in a more central location they'd be queuing up on her doorstep...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
They ask as she lives by the sea does she eat a lot of seafood? Yessss she eats loadssss, of course when she lived in Leigh - she ate cockles. I’ve literally never since these threads started known there to use fresh seafood. Honourable mention of Harold. SB eats at his dads often.

Now doing her desert island meal. Her nose, Jesus bleeping hell.

Mugging off her estranged brother! Biggest wimp in the world apparently, can’t believe he ended up in the RAF, what a witch!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
They’ve just been asked if they’re doing stuff for the Jubilee - Nureen says yes and Jack starts talking over her. Jack had apparently been asked loadsssss, but is so BUSY! Now we’re hearing again from Nureen and she’s doing two big local events on estates, Jamaican food and other food, providing vouchers for locals to buy ingredients and join in.

ADHD mention fucksake. Jack wants to recreate the jubilee trifle. Please don’t!!

Jessie is asking for pointers for people to save money. Nureen talking sense obvs.
Nureen is exactly what Jack pretends to be. Nureen delivers actualy tips, ideas, makes a difference in communities, helps people, is about creating better food and food knowledge for everyone. Not just stoking her own ego and being crazy on Twitter. Jack could never. And worse of all...Jack is actually taking away airtime fromgenuine people like Nureen.

Strongly suspect that this one is a sock, whether Jack's or one of her staunch flying monkeys.
I hope not because it borders on threatening violence.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Her top tip is look in your cupboards before you shop. Groundbreaking!

She then talks about travelling a lot for work. She went to Croydon 😂 and bought “half a goat” which it wasn’t, it was a goat leg. They ask if goat is expensive and she says she doesn’t know because she bought other stuff at the same time - FORENSIC!! She never bought goat, did she?
If you have to ask the price of goat then you can't afford it.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
They’ve just been asked if they’re doing stuff for the Jubilee - Nureen says yes and Jack starts talking over her. Jack had apparently been asked loadsssss, but is so BUSY! Now we’re hearing again from Nureen and she’s doing two big local events on estates, Jamaican food and other food, providing vouchers for locals to buy ingredients and join in.

ADHD mention fucksake. Jack wants to recreate the jubilee trifle. Please don’t!!

Jessie is asking for pointers for people to save money. Nureen talking sense obvs.
Nureen sounds wonderful!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Also, she’s so posh. To me very posh. In no way does she sound rough or coarse. She needs that nose chopping off. See an ENT doctor, Jack ffs.

Outro: mentions Nureen’s charity, and Jack “erm… has her blog” 😂

Yeah sorry, Jess. Jack is her own charity. Them sideboards won’t buy themselves, pal!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I wonder if the Telegraph will respond. It's actually scary the way Jack seeks to suppress any negative coverage of her.

That article is mad.

Screenshot_20220531-111006_Chrome.jpg

a) Additional costs associated with buying a product are not inflation. How is the ONS supposed to measure that?

b) You can microwave potatoes, which is far cheaper. The kind of tip a poverty campaigner should be sharing, no? You're welcome.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Jack describing where she lives (a very remote par5 of Southend, apparently): "It's a bit of a mission for journalists to get to me, so I get left alone."

Yes, because if Jack lived in a more central location they'd be queuing up on her doorstep...
Previously unseen footage of plucky journalists lining up to interview Jack about The Destitution:
200 (2).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 44
What's the point of doing half a dozen TV / radio interviews if you're going to 'slumber' through them? This is an incredibly serious issue (life or death, without exaggeration, in some instances) and deserves a better spokesperson than someone who can't be bothered to go to bed on time to do the interviews justice. It's all wrong.

EDIT

I also dislike her twee affectation of capitalising A Good Day.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96
Nureen had her son at 21 - and has done sooo much since! About to do her masters, she’s put so much work in and has built such a skill base. Dietetics, teaching in schools, catering.

Lennie has asked Jack if her mum taught her and the foster kids to cook and she seemed a bit stuck. The nasal voice god it’s so bad. She’s made the porridge From Good Food For Bad Days, which she’s usually never able to use as she seems to always have bad days and she lives off crisps and can’t cook 🤷‍♀️ I can’t believe she keeps saying she threw it together as an experiment before she left the house, she’s explaining the process and it sounds bleeping disgusting. The chicken porridge is made from oats and oat milk. Literally bleeping gross. Congee is rice ffs
Oh good lord. I read the previous comment from @Veronicaaa about chicken porridge, contemplated it, thought “surely to God that’s a joke”, permitted myself a relieved chuckle, and moved on. But did she actually do it? Why does she always choose violence?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Bitter people live bitter lives I guess.

None of this makes her happy, I personally don't know why she does it. Oh wait, I do....

Reactions: 28
A late night reply tweet that might have been missed... honestly who has the time for this? Measuring penne?

View attachment 1307026
Awwwww grunking but deary me Jackie, this is very basic stuff that everyone knows, surely?! Its not a fucken crime. Would love to know what factories she’s been too because 🔺I’m related to an Operations Manager in one of the biggest ones, that makes ranges for one of the big chefs 🔺 And they’ve never mentioned her visiting - they have quite a few Big Names there several times a year.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
These are the early morning ramblings of someone who has struggled for a while to keep up with this thoroughly unlikable character.

Is "Jack Monroe" a Lorraine like persona, made up and non-representative of her true self? Does she sit at her parents home, eating Irish Stewvlaki (to represent her duel immigrant status) while her parents call her by her apparently "dead name" and they all have a good laugh at the gullibility of the Great British Public?

Just musings m'lord.
I think that's a very plausible explanation. And I think they're all massive Tories!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.