Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm so far behind I'm like Jack working behind the scenes so I'm just assuming that nobody else has been sad enough to find 24 different alarm clocks to demonstrate actual scenes from the shitty bungalow this morning.

sleeping with alarms.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 147

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Welcome to a late night new thread. Jack has just started tweeting, after going to bed two hours ago.
Our winning title was from a newspaper article and nominated by @Nottonightbabe your prize is a bottle of lemon juice, opened and unrefrigerated BUT it is famous and has been on the BBC News- frequently.

Well it finally happened. The big boys finally came for Jack. Headlines in the Financial Times and Telegraph saying she was wrong about the rising cost of basics groceries. Jack had just tweeted her first humblebrag about “here’s my tweet where it all started” and squirmed and sniffed through a BBC interview when BOOM Chris Giles and the FT pleasantly rebutted Jack’s rude tweet to him. Since then- CCJ revelations, she’s taken over her local meeting, the lights are off, the Telegraph didn’t pay her since 2019 and the rest of the teemill money is still unaccounted for. Have a lovely evening!🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 118

Aug1977

Thanks @HotesTilaire for starting the new thread and summary and congratulations to @Nottonightbabe for the title.

She really is digging a bigger hole for herself. Making enemies of the msm won’t do her any favours, whether it is behind a paywall or not.
And some stuff which is behind a paywall often then gets sub-licenced to the Daily Mail.
It's ok. She has paralegals.
Paralaw.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 115

MancBee

VIP Member
Hello Fraus und Herren. Long time no post. I will just read the recaps or my break away will have been for nought.

I am off for my 5th Covid vaccine today. Has Jack had her second dose yet? So immunocompromised and disabled. The medication needed for her poor arthritic hands would surely warrant booster jabs, let alone her multitude of ailments.

I was also at the lady doctor this morning. She had two full sleeves of tattoos. It really isn't that unusual. Second thoughts, maybe tattoos on women are unusual in the retirement village that is Thorpe Bay.(Though I have to say, the doctors tattoos were really beautiful, unlike Jack's)

• Heart
Reactions: 111

longtimelurker86

VIP Member
Right guys I’ve come over from the Site help thread as I was intrigued and I would just like to say that having read the Wiki from top to bottom, that it is an actual piece of art! Whoever is responsible should be given some sort of knighthood!

I’ve still no idea who this person is mind but I am fully invested 😆😆

Anyways I was also directed to Thread #31 so off I go… 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I’m thinking of all the genuinely talented, dedicated and hardworking amateur cooks who would love to have a book contract ... and actually delivering it on time without all the wah wah wahing about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 108

JombleWomble

VIP Member
Says he's probably in the RAF as 'target practice'.
Wtf?!?

Jack, when people say you're too "coarse" for TV they don't mean your accent, they mean because you say incredibly distasteful things like this. No respectable brand would want to be represented by someone who talks this way. (See also: recent comments about "lamping" elected representatives.) It's not the accent or the tattoos, it's the personality. Hope that helps pal 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99

Hunsgraveyard

VIP Member
I think it's high time we start to change the narrative from Poverty Campaigner to Poverty Influencer, or better yet, Poverty Contrepreneur.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
What's the point of doing half a dozen TV / radio interviews if you're going to 'slumber' through them? This is an incredibly serious issue (life or death, without exaggeration, in some instances) and deserves a better spokesperson than someone who can't be bothered to go to bed on time to do the interviews justice. It's all wrong.

EDIT

I also HATE her twee affectation of capitalising A Good Day.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Her top tip is look in your cupboards before you shop. Groundbreaking!

She then talks about travelling a lot for work. She went to Croydon 😂 and bought “half a goat” which it wasn’t, it was a goat leg. They ask if goat is expensive and she says she doesn’t know because she bought other stuff at the same time - FORENSIC!! She never bought goat, did she?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
Author Frau here: these are not final edits. These are just edits, or even rewrites.
Final edits are what your editor asks you to do with an editorial letter. You do them, possibly one round after too (or more if you aren’t a sharp drafter) and then it’s copyediting (might be some small rewriting again as this is a third set of eyes) then it’s proofreading which someone else will correct then it’s page layout time.
This whole performance makes me wonder about her diagnoses too. There’s no perfectionism here that I might expect with an autism diagnosis or the ability to spot mistakes. I’m trying to come to terms with a likely looking ADHD diagnosis myself, but it’s also made me realise the fact I wrote an almost immediately publishable book that only needed additional chapters at edits stage (which I also wrote first time, no extra editing needed) in FIVE MONTHS was because ADHD means I have something called hyperfocus in something I care about and get obsessed with. Jacks either not able to do this (no ADHD), or she’s swung the other way and gone full executive dysfunction because she does not care about this book and so cannot summon the concentration she needs (does have ADHD) Though if her paltry output requires 120 hours a week then she definitely doesn’t have ADHD, because if I could focus for that long, I would be getting shit done. Except I can’t. Because, you know, ADHD.

Sorry this is punctuated with a bit of merailing, but I think it makes sense?? Argh.

• Heart
Reactions: 93

Iwantyoutoknow22

Chatty Member
Civil Servants have to be careful with their SM. My husband was a CS and he wasn't allowed to broadcast it. They're not supposed to get into political debates or comment on political things especially not something they/their department work on.
I don't think that squig was from ONS and if he is then he shouldn't be talking about the report.
This this this. He lists ONS in his bio (I would have never listed my department in my social media ever ever ever), it could be construed that he’s speaking for them. There’s a reason why ONS aren’t themselves responding to any of these claims - he should not talk for them! Knowing how strict the governance is for such publications, if she was involved she would have been given sight of the publication 48 hours before publication, and also would definitely have been acknowledged - researchers need to reference! I must say; usually I lurk, but I am ADDICTED to this thread right now

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 91