Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ONS person is tweeting from their personal account, so pretty sure they should not be acting as though he is speaking on behalf of the ONS.

Didn't some random from the Trussel Trust go off piste with the nasty tshirts which caused all sorts of problems when it was taken as a seal of approval.
Civil Servants have to be careful with their SM. My husband was a CS and he wasn't allowed to broadcast it. They're not supposed to get into political debates or comment on political things especially not something they/their department work on.
I don't think that squig was from ONS and if he is then he shouldn't be talking about the report.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Sponsored by the National Lottery. Assuming she got paid? So far Jessie has said in the intro that she follows Jack on Instagram. Must not see the Twitter hellscape. Starts with “Jack, you woke up late”
1C6B8438-1F53-4AE9-863C-E27C2E1189E4.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Civil Servants have to be careful with their SM. My husband was a CS and he wasn't allowed to broadcast it. They're not supposed to get into political debates or comment on political things especially not something they/their department work on.
I don't think that squig was from ONS and if he is then he shouldn't be talking about the report.
This this this. He lists ONS in his bio (I would have never listed my department in my social media ever ever ever), it could be construed that he’s speaking for them. There’s a reason why ONS aren’t themselves responding to any of these claims - he should not talk for them! Knowing how strict the governance is for such publications, if she was involved she would have been given sight of the publication 48 hours before publication, and also would definitely have been acknowledged - researchers need to reference! I must say; usually I lurk, but I am ADDICTED to this thread right now

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 91
That is a very good point. She is just a shameless influencer. Making a living off SM. Getting gullible followers to fund her lifestyle. They all try to have a USP and hers is talking about Poverty. Just talking. She is the Zoella of poverty.

I can't wait until her VBI is released. When experts can forensically dissect it at a granular level. I have got a horrible feeling it won't even be as good as something the most bored GCSE sociology student could muster up in their lunch break.
I don't think the VBI will ever see the light of day now. After yesterday, she surely realises that Big Stats are a lot more complicated than she previously thought, and involve a bit more than visiting the local ASDA with a notebook.

It is seriously so insulting to people like Chris Giles, and statisticians who will have worked damn hard to get Masters and PhDs in such a difficult subject, to have a smol pixie barge in and act like she knows it all.

As to suing the Torygraph - HA! Jack, after 20 years of the BTL phenomenon, newspapers have managed to work out which comments might be libellous and which are not. Mostly, BTLs are just people expressing their opinions in a forthright way. Just like here. And guess what? That ain't libel.

Someone, I think @HotesTilaire , asked in the orevious thread what makes a squig. I tend to see them as that phenom of middle and upper middle class wokebros, who actually can't stand women with their own opinions, but think they're terribly right-on, and will lick the feet of influencers they think have the right opinions and send death threats to people who don't. The type who re-tweets Guardian articles and Novara vids whilst sending death threats to JKR and wishing horrible torture on members of the Tory front bench (because David Amess mean nothing to them). I also suspect (and this is unfair of me perhaps) that a decent number of them have serious problems with creating and sustaining relationships with women, or indeed, getting a shag in general.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Mostly, BTLs are just people expressing their opinions in a forthright way. Just like here. And guess what? That ain't libel.
I'm looking forward to her setting the paralegals on Iqbal of the Southend Echo next time he says she shits in a bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I had some mid range penne last night and some bits were almost 1.5x the length of others

I like putting bits of penne on the tines of my fork which is why I noticed, I'm not Jack so I didn't get the tape measure out
She often says stuff like this, as if normal people don't have too much to do in a day to stand around getting pasta out of bags and measuring it. It's ridiculous. Normal people, especially the lower waged, do not have time to do this. I would also add that tipping out penne pasta and placing it in rows to measure it, is a very speedy thing to do. No aspersions, your honour! Just saying out of my own experience!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
(Table manners) Nureen has brought an alcohol soaked cake. I wonder if Jack will howl and claw at her. Talking about Mac and cheese now. I wonder if she’ll tell them she can’t make a roux 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Just looked up Nureen. She's everything Jack wishes she was - a good cook, ex public health nutritionist, successful activist. She even has a disability which.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Nureen had her son at 21 - and has done sooo much since! About to do her masters, she’s put so much work in and has built such a skill base. Dietetics, teaching in schools, catering.

Lennie has asked Jack if her mum taught her and the foster kids to cook and she seemed a bit stuck. The nasal voice god it’s so bad. She’s made the porridge From Good Food For Bad Days, which she’s usually never able to use as she seems to always have bad days and she lives off crisps and can’t cook 🤷‍♀️ I can’t believe she keeps saying she threw it together as an experiment before she left the house, she’s explaining the process and it sounds bleeping disgusting. The chicken porridge is made from oats and oat milk. Literally bleeping gross. Congee is rice ffs

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
Nureen had her son at 21 - and has done sooo much since! About to do her masters, she’s put so much work in and has built such a skill base. Dietetics, teaching in schools, catering.

Lennie has asked Jack if her mum taught her and the foster kids to cook and she seemed a bit stuck. The nasal voice god it’s so bad. She’s made the porridge From Good Food For Bad Days, which she’s usually never able to use as she seems to always have bad days and she lives off crisps and can’t cook 🤷‍♀️ I can’t believe she keeps saying she threw it together as an experiment before she left the house, she’s explaining the process and it sounds bleeping disgusting. The chicken porridge is made from oats and oat milk. Literally bleeping gross. Congee is rice ffs
i would like to unread this please

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
They’ve just been asked if they’re doing stuff for the Jubilee - Nureen says yes and Jack starts talking over her. Jack had apparently been asked loadsssss, but is so BUSY! Now we’re hearing again from Nureen and she’s doing two big local events on estates, Jamaican food and other food, providing vouchers for locals to buy ingredients and join in.

ADHD mention fucksake. Jack wants to recreate the jubilee trifle. Please don’t!!

Jessie is asking for pointers for people to save money. Nureen talking sense obvs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

They cooked for Yotam Ottolenghi ffs - no wonder this was a ‘special episode’ it was definitely not on their intended programming for the season.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
This was one of her bucket list things? Really? A guest appearance on a podcast? Aim higher FFS!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Her top tip is look in your cupboards before you shop. Groundbreaking!

She then talks about travelling a lot for work. She went to Croydon 😂 and bought “half a goat” which it wasn’t, it was a goat leg. They ask if goat is expensive and she says she doesn’t know because she bought other stuff at the same time - FORENSIC!! She never bought goat, did she?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.