Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also dislike her twee affectation of capitalising A Good Day.
It's a twee thing that some posh and MC people do on Twitter, and in informal written comms in general. I do not know why they do this, other than I suppose it shows unacknowledged privilege - the blithe assumption that they can talk like Enid Blyton after a blow to the head and still be taken seriously and listened to.

Squigs really will give her a standing ovation for .... anything?

View attachment 1307308
Being able to get up on time for a commitment should cease to be a reason for praise after you've exited your teenage years, imo. Talk about damning with faint praise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Being able to get up on time for a commitment should cease to be a reason for praise after you've exited your teenage years, imo. Talk about damning with faint praise.
SB will get the blame, he wasn't there to wake up muma. Clearly all his fault. :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Catching up but this Vicarious Bloody Imagination Jack is concocting. I’m having a root again through twitter and it’s mentioned a lot by silly squigs praising it and good squigs saying it doesn’t yet exist. But I’m realising that it’s going to be a one off? It’s an index for a specific given time, 10 years, one year or however long, but after Jack bestows herself on the poor with smart price loaves and tinned fishes in the 10 most deprived areas of the UK, it will then stop? Surely an index is a rolling programme, but it feels like Jack *will/might/neverwill produce something that’s a fixed point in time. I know I am not making myself clear, but it’s not like the RPI or the CPI it won’t be updated?

*delete as appropriate

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I suffer from insomnia and I was also guilty of staying up too late on twitter before I deactivated my account but I'm not bragging about slumbering through half a dozen interviews. She's so unprofessional.
Oh, everyone is guilty of doing things that you know are no good for you. You just wouldn’t advertise to your boss that you missed a massive work commitment because you were watching cat videos on YouTube. She’s taken slots that someone much more deserving could have had, because she was spoiling for a fight - that’s the long and short of it. She turned up late to the Table Manners podcast recording because, she claimed, anxiety. She said it was her bucket list thing and bla bla, but had not prepared for it one tiny bit! No answers prepped for their regular question, no knowledge of the other guest’s work, she hadn’t prepped the food. I just don’t believe it’s anxiety otherwise she would have been yes maybe very tired, but would have brought something she’d made the night before the recording.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Catching up but this Vicarious Bloody Imagination Jack is concocting. I’m having a root again through twitter and it’s mentioned a lot by silly squigs praising it and good squigs saying it doesn’t yet exist. But I’m realising that it’s going to be a one off? It’s an index for a specific given time, 10 years, one year or however long, but after Jack bestows herself on the poor with smart price loaves and tinned fishes in the 10 most deprived areas of the UK, it will then stop? Surely an index is a rolling programme, but it feels like Jack *will/might/neverwill produce something that’s a fixed point in time. I know I am not making myself clear, but it’s not like the RPI or the CPI it won’t be updated?

*delete as appropriate
871F005A-E985-4B48-A742-E3585D2C23CB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
She turned up late to the Table Manners podcast recording because, she claimed, anxiety. She said it was her bucket list thing and bla bla, but had not prepared for it one tiny bit! No answers prepped for their regular question, no knowledge of the other guest’s work, she hadn’t prepped the food.
This to me demonstrates a real sense of entitlement. This show is a bucket list thing FOR ME but I've not prepared anything for the listeners (who the show is really for) because this event is actually just FOR ME to enjoy and feel good about.

She seems to have the same approach to media appearances in general.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Her top tip is look in your cupboards before you shop. Groundbreaking!

She then talks about travelling a lot for work. She went to Croydon 😂 and bought “half a goat” which it wasn’t, it was a goat leg. They ask if goat is expensive and she says she doesn’t know because she bought other stuff at the same time - FORENSIC!! She never bought goat, did she?
Oh, absolutely gutted to have missed the presence of our maverick in Croydon. I could have got some one on one advice to hone my culinary skills . Now I am bereft of slop!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She's just a perpetual teenager. I'm a year younger than her, admittedly my kid is a lot younger than SB so I'm always up by 6 anyway, but I don't know anyone in their mid-thirties who would piss about online all night and sleep through such big, career-changing committments. It also suggests that she didn't do much actual parenting of SB, because once you have a young child you can never seem to get your brain to sleep past a certain time anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I still can't believe the audacity of her giving it Billy Big Baws against people who have PhDs in actual Mathematics.

What am I saying, of course I can, its Wor Jackie, salt of the earth, with a full 4 and a half GCSEs.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
So she missed some important work because she was bleeping about on twitter?
Ridiculously unprofessional.
So much for her taking every job going to save for her house

Reactions: 41
My brother, an actual literal food expert, was talking to me about pasta just two days ago. He’d been to my nieces who’s married to an Italian who insists on the absolute best named everything. He said they have Barilla pasta (fraus mine is from Aldi so I had to google it) he said it’s basically Butoni brand and yes it’s Italian but most uk pasta is made in Italy and Barilla pasta is made on the same machines as Tesco value range - I believe him because he’s been chief big balls for, among others,Waitrose, Tesco and M&S foods.
So…… what’s the best pasta ? Sorry puppy brain confused peri meno Frau here 😂🥱😬😔🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Squigs really will give her a standing ovation for .... anything?

View attachment 1307308
I…just don’t get it. There’s self deprecation to be a bit charming or allay concerns about arrogance and then there’s advertising to potential employers that you’re a bit tit and tired and will half arse your work when you’re a fragile smol pixie freelancer who needs all the income you can get to buy the orangery.

I’m always a bit loathe to join in with calling everyone a narc when they’re just being annoying but that’s some thin skinned narcissism right there. Defining herself by how awful everything is for her and seeking praise for brave she is to get out of bed

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Or… did these interviews never exist?
I have a feeling some may have cancelled after her performance yesterday. Plus and also, it's yesterday's news now, would be strange to have her on 2 days running. Still very stupid of her to say that she slept through work appointments though.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Says he's probably in the RAF as 'target practice'.
Wtf?!?

Jack, when people say you're too "coarse" for TV they don't mean your accent, they mean because you say incredibly distasteful things like this. No respectable brand would want to be represented by someone who talks this way. (See also: recent comments about "lamping" elected representatives.) It's not the accent or the tattoos, it's the personality. Hope that helps pal 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
This to me demonstrates a real sense of entitlement. This show is a bucket list thing FOR ME but I've not prepared anything for the listeners (who the show is really for) because this event is actually just FOR ME to enjoy and feel good about.

She seems to have the same approach to media appearances in general.
Nureen brought in a cake, the fruit for which she'd been soaking for months. For all Jack goes on about loving to feed people etc, she really is the tightest, most thoughtless, least generous cook ever.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.