Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is utterly disgraceful there are people out there much more equipped to do these things and she elbows in on the airtime then let's them down. She's an utter disgrace.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Ready for a thousand squigs saying “Take care of yourself Jack,” “you can’t do it all by yourself,” etc etc 🙄
FFS she did four or five interviews on TV and radio - from her house - and you would think she’s run an ultra marathon across the Sahara

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I actually don't give a duck about what she thinks about the price of value pasta. Her twitter is a bin fire. God knows how she still gets work

• Heart
Reactions: 33
My brother worked in a food factory one summer, and a lot of brands are made in the same place, with the only difference being the level of quality control the brand do.
My brother, an actual literal food expert, was talking to me about pasta just two days ago. He’d been to my nieces who’s married to an Italian who insists on the absolute best named everything. He said they have Barilla pasta (fraus mine is from Aldi so I had to google it) he said it’s basically Butoni brand and yes it’s Italian but most uk pasta is made in Italy and Barilla pasta is made on the same machines as Tesco value range - I believe him because he’s been chief big balls for, among others,Waitrose, Tesco and M&S foods.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Her top tip is look in your cupboards before you shop. Groundbreaking!

She then talks about travelling a lot for work. She went to Croydon 😂 and bought “half a goat” which it wasn’t, it was a goat leg. They ask if goat is expensive and she says she doesn’t know because she bought other stuff at the same time - FORENSIC!! She never bought goat, did she?
Clearly she had a fair amount of expendable cash at the time then, if she didn't need to check the price? Knowing how expensive a leg of lamb can be, and goat being harder to come by, I'd be checking I could afford it personally. How privileged to not have to worry about the cost 🥰

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

As someone who feels like they are constantly failing and people are judging me for not doing enough despite it being really tough right now I'm wondering how she gets away with doing duck all and getting so much smoke blown up her arse for the bare minimum.

Also wondering where I can get all these freebies from that she seems to always be getting as she never buys anything for herself its always a gift - but she never realises not everyone has that.

Oh she's grating my mushrooms today

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Ready for a thousand squigs saying “Take care of yourself Jack,” “you can’t do it all by yourself,” etc etc 🙄
FFS she did four or five interviews on TV and radio - from her house - and you would think she’s run an ultra marathon across the Sahara
There right about one thing "she can't do it" she totally unprofessional.

Also has someone planning on working their socks off to get moolah for the big move it doesn't sound likes it's off to a good start. Letting potential further jobs down ain't it pet!

Bet Mr/mrs telegraph didn't sleep in?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Clearly she had a fair amount of expendable cash at the time then, if she didn't need to check the price? Knowing how expensive a leg of lamb can be, and goat being harder to come by, I'd be checking I could afford it personally. How privileged to not have to worry about the cost 🥰
I think it proved the pet cemetery collection never happened. She gawked at the 'exotic' foods of Croydon, and wrote some stories during her train journey home.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She should have gone to bed earlier. Idiot.
Exactly, what kind of moron “insomnia” or not, thinks that being on your phone having Twitter arguments is conducive to a good nights sleep? You can’t say you can’t sleep but then be Tweeting at 3am. I mean, you can, but it sounds ridiculous!

FWIW the type of sleeper I am these days, is I can sleep for a few hours, wake up to go to the loo, grunk here, then go back to sleep. And I’ve had times where I’ve had the tiniest amount of sleep, maybe an hour or two, and not slept through an alarm. I’ve felt like tit, but I’ve got up. I also have to get up with my kids, unlike madam!

This is utterly disgraceful there are people out there much more equipped to do these things and she elbows in on the airtime then let's them down. She's an utter disgrace.
Lovely Nureen should be someone we’ve heard of before. I hadn’t before today. Her knowledge and personality on that Table Manners podcast were head and shoulders above Cack.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
How does she keep getting work? So unprofessional. Not only did she take up space from someone else I bet the topic would've been completely cut due to the challenge of finding a last min replacement for those breakfast slots.

And it wasn't anxiety. It was trawling twitter to make sure you were "right" and desperately trying to control the narrative.

I just want to shake her and ask her what good she thinks she's doing.

Just glad SB is old enough to get his own breakfast (if he's staying with her)

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Wait, have I understood this properly? Is she actually just straight up saying that she missed several interviews because she overslept?

In what world is that acceptable? In any profession I can think of, that would be a cardinal sin, but especially this field. Ive been a guest booker for the telly and I would have been absolutely furious (and embarrassed) if my guests just didn’t wake up or turn up to the studio. And in my current work life, missing a meeting is one of my worst nightmares!

What is WRONG with her? How doesn’t she feel mortified and terrified that her reputation will suffer?

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Exactly, what kind of moron “insomnia” or not, thinks that being on your phone having Twitter arguments is conducive to a good nights sleep? You can’t say you can’t sleep but then be Tweeting at 3am. I mean, you can, but it sounds ridiculous!

FWIW the type of sleeper I am these days, is I can sleep for a few hours, wake up to go to the loo, grunk here, then go back to sleep. And I’ve had times where I’ve had the tiniest amount of sleep, maybe an hour or two, and not slept through an alarm. I’ve felt like tit, but I’ve got up. I also have to get up with my kids, unlike madam!
I suffer from insomnia and I was also guilty of staying up too late on twitter before I deactivated my account but I'm not bragging about slumbering through half a dozen interviews. She's so unprofessional.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Lovely Nureen should be someone we’ve heard of before. I hadn’t before today. Her knowledge and personality on that Table Manners podcast were head and shoulders above Cack.
I sleep horrendous. I am normally in bed at 11, awake till 2-3 reading, go to sleep, awake at six( due to husband blasted radio alarm clock)

• Heart
Reactions: 21

She claims to have anxiety about a radio interview (which she would have just repeated the same tit as all the others), but no anxiety about all the people she lets down by being a no show.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.