Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just sharing this from. Her beeb interview yesterday. At her local foodbank ...for a BC interview. Makes it sound like she often visits. Weasel words.

Would help if I added the s/sView attachment 1307079
The interviews often help perpetuate this, talking to jack about "the people she helps and works with everyday". I'm sure many of her fans think she's at a food bank everyday helping. The only time she visits a food bank is when a TV crew are filming her, pal!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 80
Also I was looking at the sleb prediction thread over in traditional celebs.

I predict in the year 2022 that the court case will not be a fruitful as she hopes and could possibly do her more damage than good.
Oh god, please let her be stupid enough to sue someone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Jack is the sole reason I hate Twitter. The snippy comments, the rudeness, the pile ons and the almost hero worshipping of her is just beyond belief.

I even have her blocked but still swe other people I follow affected by her behaviour.

She is actually fairly dangerous in terms of what she does. Spreads so much misinformation and people take it as gospel.
The way she uses twitter is actually worse for her mental health I think.

It creates an echo chamber of worshippers who put her on a pedestal. Anyone with minor questions/suggestions can't comment and aren't going to bother QT 'cause that's not what it's for. So she never needs to engage constructively with minor critiques. See how she reacts to suggestions for solutions with "completed it mate".

So that means her QTs are all praise/virtue signaling squigs apart from the odd one who is calling her out properly/less nicely which she also doesn't have to engage with. This feeds into her victim narrative, whilst also ensuring she never has to learn from/take on board feedback as she can brush it off as trolling.

I wish I were her therapist (I'm not a therapist)

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I think it's high time we start to change the narrative from Poverty Campaigner to Poverty Influencer, or better yet, Poverty Contrepreneur.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Oh god, please let her be stupid enough to sue someone.
Oh I should add this is my own prediction not from the thread. I just thought it when I was Reading the ones on there and I was always told believe your gut!

Reactions: 19
Mr DM just called me to say he listened to the whole Radio 5 programme this am and the small pixie wasn’t on and so they played yesterdays clip. They roped some Italian restauranteur from Wales in to talk about food. He said it felt like she had let them down and didn’t show up…again.
Mrs professional, gets these talking head pieces in a flurry once every quarter and can’t cope with the work. What a twit! The BBC and others should know by now that Jack does not get up before lunch time for anyone!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
A late night reply tweet that might have been missed... honestly who has the time for this? Measuring penne?

View attachment 1307026
Her expert food knowledge is shining through again 😆. She must have tried somthing like De Cecco at some point? The higher priced stuff is often made from a different grade of flour, dried longer and cut leaving it rougher so more sauce sticks to it.

I'm waiting for a squiggle to pipe up and claim they work in an Italian deli and put smart price pasta in a fancy bag to sell for £10

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
The interviews often help perpetuate this, talking to jack about "the people she helps and works with everyday". I'm sure many of her fans think she's at a food bank everyday helping. The only time she visits a food bank is when a TV crew are filming her, pal!
“You do so much to help!”
How does showing that the price of 13 out of 30 budget items rising above inflation help anyone? Surely she should be highlighting the food that has gone down in price? What can you do with a big bag of potatoes? What other food has held its price? Instead, she’s gleefully going on about being proved right. We all know food prices are rising, it’s happening across the world. It’s the opposite of helping. Highlight some of the deals, some of the biggest savers. And stop scaremongering. She’s basically The Sun newspaper in Slopgibbon form.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I don’t think ONS guy will get into trouble: civil service HR is super touchy-feely and left orientated, and he wasn’t rude or anything. It might be different if he worked for a consultancy.

He did make himself look a bit of a dick, though. What, you, a data scientist, were aware that data can be interpreted in different ways? My my, you earned that PhD.

They can pin it on the Telegraph or the nefarious tories all they like but the problem is really at Jack’s doorstep. If she hadn’t garnered a load of hysteria with her ridiculous percentages pulled from her arse she might have worked with ONS on a long term project which demonstrated the reality of why it costs more to be poor: using launderettes, Bright House style loans for furniture, other high cost finance, buying cheap shoes blah blah. But that wouldn’t have been the immediate gratification or media storm she likes, so instead she’s discredited anyone who makes a similar claim. Nice one.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
A late night reply tweet that might have been missed... honestly who has the time for this? Measuring penne?

View attachment 1307026
Talking tit again, you can even see by comparing the two, the cheaper pasta is different, it's usually a bit darker in colour to start. The ingredients are different, which can be easily checked because would you believe it - supermarkets have websites! Modern times ay, no need to go yomping around the country to check food items. 🙄

Screenshot_20220531-081057.png
Screenshot_20220531-081019.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
She’s on Jessie ware’s podcast this week. Wonder how much shite she will talk in 1 hour

ETA I’m on holiday so my kids won’t give me a minutes peace 😂otherwise I’d be listening right now! I’ll report back if I get a chance to

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
She's so unprofessional it's unreal, her career is never going to get past this point if she doesn't start wising up and putting some serious work in.

Reactions: 31
Talking tit again, you can even see by comparing the two, the cheaper pasta is different, it's usually a bit darker in colour to start. The ingredients are different, which can be easily checked because would you believe it - supermarkets have websites! Modern times ay, no need to go yomping around the country to check food items. 🙄

View attachment 1307156View attachment 1307158
Can I just say something very important penne is my least fave pasta. My budget pasta go to is twirls. There ya have it.

Also she's gone awful quiet I'm awaiting the snark to start on Mr Anderson.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I'll be interested to know if this guy gets a "word in his ear" this morning at work - setting himself up as if he's official spokesman for the ONS and going rogue like that.

He's conflating his personal opinion with organisational sentiment - and the very fact he's introducing emotional language into what should be cold, hard statistical analysis is potentially harmful to the ONS' reputation, or St the very least embarrassing to them. In a lot of industries, that's enough for a P45......
Is he even ONS tho? Wouldn’t put it past her to sock that. Otherwise yes, all institutions that you hold yourself as representing have very strict social media rules and where I am it is taken v seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.