Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she does make 5 live breakfast she going to be operating on what 2 hours sleep? I was up with baby cucumber for a while at 2 and again at 4 and there's no way I could do anything resembling live radio. And I didn't get my life's work dragged by the FT and the Telegraph yesterday

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I guess at the ONS you're a civil servant who have a code of conduct regarding digital media. Not sure if the squig works there or perhaps at a a partner institute (e.g. university) that works with the ONS.

I'm also not sure if he's that controversial or P45 worthy. She was right that pasta had gone up more (not with as much as she claimed, plus she was all about 'smart price pasta disappeared from my supermarket'). And I can understand the knee-jerk reaction to the Telegraph who will skew things for a clickable headline any day.

If anything the research shows that blue ticks with hunches and anecdotes might make for good headlines but bad statistics.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Yep! She must have realised it wasn't quite the comeback she thought it was 😂
Just as well it's been screenshot for posterity eh?!? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 You'd think by now that she'd learn not to be so reactive when challenged.

The very fact she's trying desperately at 3am to prove her point till she's blue in the face, then deleting it, shows just how rattled she is. And I'm all for that. bleeping grifter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Just sharing this from. Her beeb interview yesterday. At her local foodbank ...for a BC interview. Makes it sound like she often visits. Weasel words.

Would help if I added the s/s
Screenshot_20220531-070026.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
funny how the ailments and injuries are oh so convenient, there just when you need them at a moments notice, and pooove, gone in an instant
Hopefully her publisher is seeing all these TV appearances when Jack inevitably misses her deadline due to poorly ankle and ouchy mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Kay Burley on Sky News has mentioned Jack's name this morning but didn't catch if she's actually on.

Reactions: 24
Doesn't she have to be up at 5.30? I thought she had put her phone in another room.

As for the ONS guy. He uses the word 'twisted' for how it is being looked at, I would say 'interpreted'. The ONS have put the data out there - other experts have looked at it and come to a different conclusion. And if he was 'afraid it might happen' he must've been aware it was not clear cut?
(I'm not criticising him at all btw. Just that Jack's gotcha over his tweet isn't such a gotcha imo).
The ONS person is tweeting from their personal account, so pretty sure they should not be acting as though he is speaking on behalf of the ONS.

Didn't some random from the Trussel Trust go off piste with the nasty tshirts which caused all sorts of problems when it was taken as a seal of approval.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Jack is the sole reason I hate Twitter. The snippy comments, the rudeness, the pile ons and the almost hero worshipping of her is just beyond belief.

I even have her blocked but still swe other people I follow affected by her behaviour.

She is actually fairly dangerous in terms of what she does. Spreads so much misinformation and people take it as gospel.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Why are the people who are concerned about the affordability of low priced for so upset that on average their price hasn't increased more than other foods? Jack being wrong is a good thing here.

Het followers are more upset with their Cult leader being criticized than with what the numbers say.

And she's making it into a thing about herself because she can't refute it with any actual data or maths.
Spot on! That’s the point. It’s bad but not as bad as the scaremongering manic pixie cult meister squeaked. No one disputes that prices have gone up but not by that bonkers 344% she wanged on about.

She was wrong. Her anecdotal ‘evidence’ from one day’s glance at the Asda website has been shown up for what it was - flimsy and basically, false.

Chris Giles has politely pushed back and the Torygraph has gone for the jugular. And the mithering ninnies are here for it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
5B91273A-976A-457A-A369-0A6CF6E2502E.jpeg

If you’re reading things, that do you no good.
Who ya gonna call?
Paralegals!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
What always amazes me is real slebs that get bad press, cone out once claim it as false and or ignore it,because who has the time to refute all false claims. KP would do nothing else but defend herself against negative press.

Meanwhile someone from the papers or even on their comments says" oh this person is false" she's howling and clawing louder than Darby o' gills banshee.

Her reactions make me suspicious, why doth she protest so much if it's not true. I don't know but of someone tells me they don't believe me about something that I know to be true, I normally just say fair enough, but I don't care enough to argue.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Also I was looking at the sleb prediction thread over in traditional celebs.

I predict in the year 2022 that the court case will not be a fruitful as she hopes and could possibly do her more damage than good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.