Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly! These slots - paid or not - are free advertising for the brand of Jack Monroe, Authentic Poverty Survivor and Expert.

Off to look up Mike Winnet 👍
Here you go!

While a lot of contrepreneurs are selling "get out of poverty just like I did by getting rich from buying my course", Jack Monroe is selling "get out of poverty like I did by buying my books, donating to my patreon and paying me on an ongoing basis to learn how to spend less"

It's the same scam, same bullshit back story, just a slightly different message.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Croydon Frauen - assemble! We need intel on that goat leg.

Mission accepted.

I am on my way to the station now. Will be in Croydon by 8.
Not sure how acceptable it is to put goat leg in office fridge so I'll wait till after work to get it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Hey Jack, why not get a job AND campaign against poverty? You know, like most people who campaign have to do.

And also it's so disingenuous to claim to be 'one of the poor' and 'working for minimum wage' when you tweet all day, get a huge amount of passive income via PayPal and Patreon and do media work. Millions of people would kill for your privilege and would probably use it better.
Big agree. And you could campaign with others in a named campaign group, and any money you get from articles etc could go back into the group to do more campaigning.

But that would mean you wouldn't be able to play the victim the whole time. So, as you were.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
ipad
Iphone
Apple Watch
Ancient Nokia phone that she apparently used to write her first book except for when she didn’t.
She has 2 I repeat 2 phones, she also has an iMac and, 6 dab radios, but they may/may not have an alarm function. and she may very well have an actual alarm clock

Reactions: 29
What are the 4 devices?
Phones?
Laptop?
Sentient mirror?
Hadron collider?
She got more technology than NASA.

Maybe we should start a list of people who don’t want to work with Jack again:
The Telegraph
Linda McCartney
Hellmans
Who makes Daily Kitchen

Yeah you don’t wait 3 years for non payment then moan on Twitter. Weak. I know the Guardian pays promptly as my friend used to do it!
Quite literally anyone who has ever worked with her.
She's never got a repeat gig. Some (Linda and Lorraine especially) have wiped her from existence on their SM/websites

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Wow such recipe, much prolific. What's the point if the book is already 50% longer than agreed with the publisher and none of this has been tested? Does she just like being an arse and making work for her editor?

Also, can she not share this performative stuff with her industry whatsapp group? Oh wait...

PS - collard greens? Did someone finally got around to reading that banger, Georgia Church Suppers? 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 71
I'm confused about which book this is supposed to be.
I thought it was the Jack's Hacks thingy but it has recipes.
So one recipe book, Jack's Hacks and the book which she stole people's poverty stories?

Reactions: 16
0B6395BC-A1BC-4375-8D3C-BBE7A8D06656.jpeg

Funny how she’s suddenly into broccoli stalks - the DKL rewatch this week featured Jane Baxter’s tips on using such stalks. Wonder if Jack watched along too? 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Morning all 👋
Does she even know what that is? 😁
And if she's got that CCJ, couldn't she sell her not-Tiffany earrings to pay it off? Deadline day today, so looking forward to what excuse we get for not submitting. Meltdown incoming...x
Screenshot_20220601-072544_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
The ‘drain’ is underlined making me wonder if it’s an affiliated link for a colander. Any eagle eyed fraus recognise the recipe from old?
I can't find the recipe on her site but did find this old article from 2019

Screenshot_20220601_072909.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Why does she think her sucking at her job and displaying it via tweets is cute? Only when you're priviledged enough (there's always daddy who can help you out) you can publicly dick about as much as she does. A bit like conspicuous consumerism, but then regarding dicking about.

Or in other words, if she really had to worry about her income, or of she really had to take work seriously, she would not advertise how bad she is at it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That sausage, been and leek pasta has definitely been on her website in the past, or in one of her books, it looks v familiar to me (from the time I was on her site a lot when doing a vegan challenge and still took her seriously - and blamed myself when her vegan reciepes did not work)

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.