Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know who all these 14 interviews were with?
She might not get paid directly for the interviews but as an influencer, she gets paid in sponsorships, patroen, her tip jar, promoting her books, and other commissions to do paid things. Adding up every ‘i didn’t get paid for this’ smacks of ignorance of her own income sources.

Also agree with everyone who has commented on teh CCJ/debt thing. She should be promoting the charities that give financial advice on debts for free (step change, national debt line). I’ve had massive debts in the past (tl : wont share) and ignoring the letters would have caused horrendous problems. Replying and letting creditors know what has happened meant I could live my life - they stopped the constant phonecalls and harassment.
Jack never promotes anything positive. Everything has to cause fear, trauma, and be the worst thing ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Why is everything a performance?

Why does she write everything out by hand? Is it to fulfil some kind of romantic idea of hers that that is what writers do?

If she is that pushed to pull an all-nighter (it is safe to say we have probably all done it at one time or another), then you certainly are not in the mood or have time to tweet about it (SM wasn’t around when I was needing to work all the hours, but I didn’t knock on doors or text to tell people ffs). You didn’t do “The News”. Yesterday you slept through your alarms because you have no idea how to function in a adult way. You did a few sound bites on a few news programmes. If this is how today is going I am very glad I don’t have to be near my phone.

STFU, finish the book and get some sleep.

ETA- This is an anatomical impossiblity. Stop it .

(what happened to your grapefruit ankle btw?)

77525346-F2CD-45BA-BA54-984CC1891265.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
She must be so lonely that she has no one else to share these "jokes" with other than strangers via her professional (and I use the term loosely) social media accounts.

Has she never heard the phrase "work smarter not harder performative 100 hour weeks handwriting everything when you have a perfectly good laptop"

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Jack's interchangeable herbs strike again, I see. Parsley, coriander or basil? Why bother then? Whats the point?

My 6 year old has a better understanding of flavour than Jack Monroe does.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Ludicrous. Utterly ludicrous. Her publisher must be pulling her hair out.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Ludicrous. Utterly ludicrous. Her publisher must be pulling her hair out.
I hope they've just decided "sod it" and I'd she gets the manuscript to them then fine, if not, whatever. I can't imagine them spending too much money on publicity as they've already spent the advance and it's not exactly going to be a bestseller.

Clawing back the advance or cancelling the book would on balance be too risky given Jack's recent behaviour - even a threat to sue for disability discrimination or w/e would be a bad look and we know how easily Jack's followers hop on the pile on train.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Why is everything a performance?

Why does she write everything out by hand? Is it to fulfil some kind of romantic idea of hers that that is what writers do?

If she is that pushed to pull an all-nighter (it is safe to say we have probably all done it at one time or another), then you certainly are not in the mood or have time to tweet about it (SM wasn’t around when I was needing to work all the hours, but I didn’t knock on doors or text to tell people ffs). You didn’t do “The News”. Yesterday you slept through your alarms because you have no idea how to function in a adult way. You did a few sound bites on a few news programmes. If this is how today is going I am very glad I don’t have to be near my phone.

STFU, finish the book and get some sleep.

ETA- This is an anatomical impossiblity. Stop it .

(what happened to your grapefruit ankle btw?)

View attachment 1309468
Mind you, “What the duck was I thinking here?” would make an excellent title for this masterpiece (better than “Thrifty Kitchen” anyway, especially as there’s already a website with that name - oops), and more accurate as at least it gives the reader an indication of the quality they can expect.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
There are SO many recipes for broccamole online...dating right back to 2011 and probably beyond 🤦
Screenshot_20220531-213651.png

She definitely presents these things as her own unique ideas for the Squigs who haven't heard of it, and for the ones that have she claims that of *course* someone else has done it first because there isn't much that hasn't already been done. Sleekit!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
For someone with crippling arthritis she sure does do a lot of writing 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
Do we know who all these 14 interviews were with?
She might not get paid directly for the interviews but as an influencer, she gets paid in sponsorships, patroen, her tip jar, promoting her books, and other commissions to do paid things. Adding up every ‘i didn’t get paid for this’ smacks of ignorance of her own income sources.
And let's not forget "establishing authority" either by being a "bestselling author" and/or speaking at events/podcasts/tv/radio is one of the key pillars of the Contrepreneur Formula as identified by Mike Winnet.

Jack may not get paid by the show hosts, but the implied trust and authority these appearances create are EXACTLY what keep the deals coming and the vulnerable Patreon givers donating.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
And this tit is how we know she never does any visits to foodbanks or proper campaigning - she tweets every bit of work that she does

And it's not over delivering if it's two years late, pal x

Would anyone here still be employed if they delivered a core piece of their work 2 years late (keeping in mind she hasn't delivered it yet?!)

She does think she's above plebian concepts like ~deadlines~ and that people should just be grateful for her presence, doesn't she?
And, sorry, I don’t understand how these things work but is it feasible to be doing all this ‘over delivering’ anyway? I mean, surely her publisher has in mind the rough size the book will be, required resources, etc., and she’s just about to increase everything by 50%? I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.
Btw Jack, “…literally worn a hole in my thumb joint…”?? Pleeeeeease learn what ‘literally’ means. Just do that. For me. Go on. Please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
And let's not forget "establishing authority" either by being a "bestselling author" and/or speaking at events/podcasts/tv/radio is one of the key pillars of the Contrepreneur Formula as identified by Mike Winnet.

Jack may not get paid by the show hosts, but the implied trust and authority these appearances create are EXACTLY what keep the deals coming and the vulnerable Patreon givers donating.
Exactly! These slots - paid or not - are free advertising for the brand of Jack Monroe, Authentic Poverty Survivor and Expert.

Off to look up Mike Winnet 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That’s pretty neat handwriting for someone with crippling arthritis . How do the squigs not join the dots.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
How can her mum read her blog lying about having a degree and chatting about it, and not intervene? Her family must know she's full of it.
Her mum was commenting on the big pov sale suggesting Jack shouldn’t sell her camera, which suggests to me that much of this was performative. Her parents have sat back and said nowt when she was talking about SB having too small shoes and her selling lightbulbs, switching the fridge off and washing in cold water. A fake degree is the least of the issues they should have publicly challenged her for 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.