Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🚨 Thread Title Nomination by the Smol Pixie herself: Why do I do this to myself?! 😂

2CCE6EDE-1B02-4F34-828F-F6D4D9012547.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 48
How can she have been doing "edits" of this godforsaken book for over an entire year without noticing at least one of her recipes is missing the bleeping method until the night it's due to be handed in?

From zooming in it looks like this is the "mackerel and pineapple ceviche" from the wall of procrastination. Altogether now: THE BROMELAIN IN CANNED PINEAPPLE IS DENATURED.

View attachment 1309290View attachment 1309291View attachment 1309292

So, her hard 7 day deadline's expired and the ouchy mouth/fall down the stairs have clearly been unsuccessful in securing another extension. Unlucky! She's already used the technical issues excuse for this book, too.

View attachment 1309295

Might need to break out the big guns this time: ball lightning, amnesia, alien abduction?

amazing... another delay

Reactions: 17
If she’s talking about us here, “the obsessive little band of hate-mongerers that desperately want to see me disappear from public life, and conveniently shut up about the sheer scope and disaster of poverty in the UK”, then ugh.

She KNOWS that’s not what we’re about. I don’t think any of us object to poverty being highlighted, but we know that it’s such an important issue, it’s worth doing it well.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I'm confused about which book this is supposed to be.
I thought it was the Jack's Hacks thingy but it has recipes.
So one recipe book, Jack's Hacks and the book which she stole people's poverty stories?
I think, this thrifty book is recipes and hacks combined. Then the Pov book, and possibly Jack's memoir book where she's going to have to pick a version of her origin story and stick with it... Should be interesting. Unless I've misunderstood the thrifty book, she's not exactly been clear. Glad to see the recipes so far do indeed sound disgusting though. Look forward to her demoing some on TV 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Publisher to Jack: this was due in 2019, you are ridiculous, get it done please

Jack to Twitter: the Telegraph was supposed to pay me in 2019, they are mean bullies, get them please.

It's the smol pixie equivalent of going home from the office and shouting at the wife about her inability to cook a baked potato.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I really don't think enough attention has been given to her claiming to have worn a hole in her thumb from writing so much.

I mean, does she honestly think her publisher's going to read that and think "Aw, poor Jack, she's working so hard - we should give her another few weeks to get this finished"?

She's ridiculous, and only has herself to blame.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
There are many other people who are doing great activism in the UK Jack. I would like to see you disappear from public life because you have issues with attention and social media addiction. You use your follower's money to plug the holes created by your poor money management. You've no business trying to present freelance work in the way you have the last few days and you're awful.

Put forward some other poverty campaigners and go away.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
So it would appear that the infamous Misreading of the Research has made its way into the upper echelons of high finance. A major investment institution sent its regular morning market note to its clients this morning. Can't post the whole thing because 🔺 but here is the following excerpt for your delectation. I am slightly reminded of that glorious Palace phrase 'recollections may vary'...

"Anti-poverty campaigner Jack Munroe has suggested that inflation for the poorest 20% of people is higher than for everyone else. The ONS believes that this is not entirely the case. There appears to be some conflating between the impact of absolute increases in food prices in general and the specific impact on people who are cash-strapped to begin with. The IFS says the rise in domestic energy prices alone means that inflation for the least affluent decile in society is around 14%, compared with 8% for the richest."

However Labour is out there this morning saying that families face price rises of 50% on everyday items. I haven't checked the news in detail yet but I hope they are not basing it solely on Oor Jackie as that would be alarmist and unfair. However if any Fraus have seen any prices on basic goods rise 50% then I will stand corrected.

ETA: have just seen Evening Standard where it said that the cheapest brand of pasta has indeed risen 50% so that's accurate as far as pasta goes. Wheat, Ukraine, etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Sorry I’m not a book publishing or writing Frau but I assumed final book edits were checking dots on i’s and crosses on t’s kind of thing not total rewriting and adding? Because if she’s adding and rewriting that all needs checking/editing again doesn’t it?

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Sorry I’m not a book publishing or writing Frau but I assumed final book edits were checking dots on i’s and crosses on t’s kind of thing not total rewriting and adding? Because if she’s adding and rewriting that all needs checking/editing again doesn’t it?
spot on.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I'm no literal expert, but something tells me That Man doesn't add the entire recipe method in the final round of edits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
This behaviour is batshit, even for Jack.

This can't be final edits, surely? There's random words underlined all over the place, not to mention the missing method sections, etc.

I once had a chapter published in a book (long time ago) and the proof I was sent to correct did not look like a copy/paste from a budget bean blogger's website.

Anyone else's bullshit detector going off? If this book ever materialises I will eat my pigskin hat (I won't).

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She's nicking off Nigella again who had a Roquamole. It's not clever or new, Monroe
She is not pulling an all-nighter because she had a day doing the News. She is scrabbling around at the last minute to complete a project that she has had on her to-do list for what, two years now. 😑

Reactions: 41
Out of the blue, this just popped up on my Instagram timeline and I can’t stop laughing, thought I’d share….Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran with the same energy as a certain person, he gets everywhere, Harold what you like, making his name away from Jack 😁

View attachment 1309109
I really want a coffee table book of Harold top model.
I could (obv shan't) maybe give Jack a scrap of credit for things they haven't done yet- nothing in the Kachoochoo list- I class these as committments (even though unwritten recipes are actually Jack's biggest charitable act) made and then stamped on. But possibly some credit for depths and lengths of egotism not yet reached. And I'm surprised we haven't seen a leather bound photo book of all their printed out looks that a friend presented to Jack to commemorate and immortalise their selfless years in the spotlight.
All the hairs, hats and filters in the world cannot ascend to the level of chameleon Harold just is with his eternally twinkling eyes and head forever topped with the same sprinkling of silver.
Sorry I know Harold has become too powerful a presence in the threads before but there's often mention of people who outshine Jack and whatever they pretend to do, and so would like to include Harold as another one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.