Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her melodramatic tales of woe about debts and late payments such as bailiffs hammering on the door the second a payment is overdue, are downright dangerous and will prevent people from seeking help.

See also: claiming she let her infant son go cold and hungry rather than seek help, fearing social services would take her son away.

This is her mum commenting on Jack's ranty post. Does this sound like a woman who would let their child and grandchild go without? No.

Untitled.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Is anyone else starting to believe that Jack really does have a pensioner boyfriend who is called Harold?
Absolutely I do. As a matter of fact, here he is stealthily reading that cheeky little article about his beloved in the Telegraph

00274B67-758B-4757-B862-3F29CFF59980.gif

And when he’s back in her delightful company again and she’s having a meltdown about being VINDICATED, here he is placating her and
5A6F08F1-4A72-4F7F-9F6E-667B3D09D3E1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
This is her mum commenting on Jack's ranty post. Does this sound like a woman who would let their child and grandchild go without? No.

View attachment 1309214
"How dare a Z list celeb use her enormous following to make a bunch of ordinary [people] feel crap about themselves" :unsure:
Jack's mum sounds nice. Having said that, I did assume at first that the "very popular 8 year old" bit was sarcastically referring to Jack...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Exactly!

Debt is scary, and it's OK to acknowledge that. But to project a narrative that it's normal to ignore post to an audience of that size is the opposite of helpful!

The way Jack demonises any formal help (DWP, Social Services etc) is so harmful to the people she claims to be advocating for. If she framed it as "hey I know it's scary to contact these people but they can help" then I'd really respect her. But she makes it sound as if calling for help will cause a bleeping catastrophe and that's just unforgivable. Her devoted squigs are going to actively avoid seeking help because she's made them think that it'll make things worse.

There are very few people in this world who provoke a simple "duck you" response from me, but of those few duck Jack* the most. She's absolutely devoid of compassion.

*don't literally do this. No frau should risk becoming the next OH 😂
Even if, in a parallel universe, her whole backstory were true - she would be a catastrophically bad role model and not someone to be admired at all. If The Poverty was non-fiction, she handled everything in the worst possible way, and continues to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
"How dare a Z list celeb use her enormous following to make a bunch of ordinary [people] feel crap about themselves" :unsure:
Jack's mum sounds nice. Having said that, I did assume at first that the "very popular 8 year old" was sarcastically referring to Jack...
Babes same!

That old profile (fully open to public, not being a naughty clone) is a goldmine of the Jack of old. She was still middle-class girl gone wrong. If you can bear scrolling back to 2013, there's an awful attack post on David Amess. I don't feel comfortable screenshotting that out of respect for David.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
Just because she "earned" below minimum wage today, doesn't mean that tomorrow she won't earn 3 grand or whatever the Patreon is supplying.

She really thinks that she's the smartest person in the room, always.

Buffoon

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

View attachment 1309214
Wow, only 2-3 years post-Poverty, Jack's Mammy was able to spend £10-15 a week on presents! Much poor!

Such a martyr. Not that it's true, but if you're choosing to deliberately be poor to devote yourself to campaigning - you chose that life, you don't get to whinge and play the victim. You even less get to rattle your begging bowl at your moron followers.

I'll believe her poor martyr campaigner act when she donates her monthly £2600+ Patreon loot to foodbanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I see this evenings pile on has begun. She does it quite deliberately, shares a post from whatever enemy she‘s managed to dredge up from her twitter trawling then just sits back.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
So this is her final day before the book has to be submitted - and she has only just now realised there is no actual recipe method for this? Just blurb about herself and a list of ingredients?
She is so utterly hopeless and incompetent as a food writer it is beyond a joke.

1654040815334.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Hey Jack, why not get a job AND campaign against poverty? You know, like most people who campaign have to do.

And also it's so disingenuous to claim to be 'one of the poor' and 'working for minimum wage' when you tweet all day, get a huge amount of passive income via PayPal and Patreon and do media work. Millions of people would kill for your privilege and would probably use it better.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
and instead of working on it, she's writing performative notes on it and posting them to Twitter. Makes sense. I said it earlier but it needs to be repeated - I can't stand her simpering publisher

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.