Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can her mum read her blog lying about having a degree and chatting about it, and not intervene? Her family must know she's full of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I reckon captainmouse eats all food like Henry IIIV at a banquet, taking bites out of everything, stuffing their face grabbing baked ham with bare hands!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The perpetual book deadline 😴
I can't stand that simpering wee publisher either, nothing but an enabler. Publishing key stage 3 hospitality coursework-esque pamphlets to unsuspecting people who are desperately trying to save cashos (that's why I ended up with TCC!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I reckon captainmouse eats all food like Henry IIIV at a banquet, taking bites out of everything, stuffing their face grabbing baked ham with bare hands!
Deffo.

Or that scene in LOTR when Pippin goes to Minas Tirith.

So now I’ve gone down one of those LOTR holes where you read the starting comment on a thread about Peter Jackson’s secret messages in all the scenes and the next thing you know it is light outside. FFS.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Any of you fancy Sky owning ninnies seen our Jack on yet?
Nope. I'm at work in my funeral home from 9-5 Monday to Friday earning less than Jack Monroe does for doing literally duck all on patreon.
Now im going to have to guard my bridge .
Scotland has been Disney world for far too long Jack Monroe. Any clue what that means hen?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Hmm. This reminds me of this intriguing aside from a very early blog entry:

View attachment 1309137

(Back then Jack was still unaware of her secret autism diagnosis, so she appears to have been capable of lying. Unlike now, of course.)
She says there she's a coffee master too 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

So now I’ve gone down one of those LOTR holes where you read the starting comment on a thread about Peter Jackson’s secret messages in all the scenes and the next thing you know it is light outside. FFS.
[/QUOTE]

I've never seen or read lotr and I think tomatoes are bleeping gross... and yet I still clicked 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 25

I've never seen or read lotr and I think tomatoes are bleeping gross... and yet I still clicked 🥴
[/QUOTE]
I love cherry tomatoes and I love LOTR but I keep watching this and feel really off.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why is it ok for Jack to bounce her rent every month, as she keeps boasting about? Unless the crappy bungalow landlady is actually her Mum, she is depriving another person of their income every month. The vile fraudster grifting scamming 🛎🔚

Reactions: 46
I’m afraid they do! I forgot to pay a tax bill and debt agency took it on. I had moved house and wasn’t forwarded a load of letters. I crapped myself when I realised what I’d done, was total brain fart
Similar happened to me. Changed jobs and arranged for my new job to pay in to a different account for better interest rates and all that jazz. Thought I'd switched all my direct debits over but the only one I'd forgotten to switch was the council tax. Big oops! I learned then that they involve bailiffs very, very quickly when it's a statutory bill! Luckily as it was a genuine mistake by me I had the funds available to pay what was owed with no interest on the spot but I've never been so close to slopping my pants!

And just in case anyone has been scared by Jack's tales about clawing on the floor whenever she's sent a reminder of debt- it doesn't have to be as bad as she says, I promise. The bailiff man was actually very polite and lovely as I explained what had happened, even though I was a bird wearing traaaaazers. I've also had times where I couldn't pay a bill for service (because tit happens) and I've called the company to explain and we've always worked something out that means I wouldn't be cut off. So please, please don't follow Jack's example of burying your head and hoping it goes away, it won't. But if you explain as soon as possible what the issue is most companies will do what they can to help you!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

[/QUOTE]

yikes! I fucked these quotes! time for bed, I think

jack's a bleep 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Regarding the CCJ’s. I would have thought most lenders wouldn’t go to the extend of this if you were even attempting to pay back your debts. It really is a last resort when someone just doesn’t pay up. And if she can buy a £100 hat then she can pay her bills

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Is anyone else starting to believe that Jack really does have a pensioner boyfriend who is called Harold?
That is so funny. I was brushing my teeth only this morning pondering the fact the most surprising thing Jack could do right now would be to reveal OH was in fact a youngish woman.
I blame @jenny2603 😂
Hmm. This reminds me of this intriguing aside from a very early blog entry:

View attachment 1309137

(Back then Jack was still unaware of her secret autism diagnosis, so she appears to have been capable of lying. Unlike now, of course.)
She said she had a degree? 😂
That is a massive whopper.
So if she could lie about that part of her backstory why not about lots of other stuff too? Like using a food bank for eg? How is anything she says about that period of her life trustworthy? (Or now I know - but that 10 years ago is what she has based her career and grifting on).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
And just in case anyone has been scared by Jack's tales about clawing on the floor whenever she's sent a reminder of debt- it doesn't have to be as bad as she says, I promise. The bailiff man was actually very polite and lovely as I explained what had happened, even though I was a bird wearing traaaaazers. I've also had times where I couldn't pay a bill because tit happens and I've called the company to explain and we've always worked something out that means I wouldn't be cut off. So please, please don't follow Jack's example of burying your head and hoping it goes away, it won't. But if you explain as soon as possible what the issue is most companies will do what they can to help you!!
Her melodramatic tales of woe about debts and late payments such as bailiffs hammering on the door the second a payment is overdue, are downright dangerous and will prevent people from seeking help.

See also: claiming she let her infant son go cold and hungry rather than seek help, fearing social services would take her son away.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Guardian article from 2014, if debt was so awful and scary, why let yourself get another CCJ?! No bleeping excuse except for entitlement.

View attachment 1308517

Ooh always the show offy drama queen. Reading that, yep Jack, no-one liked you then, no-one likes you now. That will be be because of your awful dramz performance personality. We've all just watched you showing off about your flimsy social media bull tit on telly, and you were TERRIBLE. Come back again when you have something proper to say. And, by the way, dinnae come near my bleeping bridge 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Her melodramatic tales of woe about debts and late payments such as bailiffs hammering on the door the second a payment is overdue, are downright dangerous and will prevent people from seeking help.

See also: claiming she let her infant son go cold and hungry rather than seek help, fearing social services would take her son away.
Exactly!

Debt is scary, and it's OK to acknowledge that. But to project a narrative that it's normal to ignore post to an audience of that size is the opposite of helpful!

The way Jack demonises any formal help (DWP, Social Services etc) is so harmful to the people she claims to be advocating for. If she framed it as "hey I know it's scary to contact these people but they can help" then I'd really respect her. But she makes it sound as if calling for help will cause a bleeping catastrophe and that's just unforgivable. Her devoted squigs are going to actively avoid seeking help because she's made them think that it'll make things worse.

There are very few people in this world who provoke a simple "duck you" response from me, but of those few duck Jack* the most. She's absolutely devoid of compassion.

*don't literally do this. No frau should risk becoming the next OH 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.