Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That would be a recipe for Floor Tomatoes with Smashed Crockery if I tried it out at home.
I think more dextrous people than I do it with grapes as well.
I’ve never cut a tomato so wasn’t really sure why you needed 2 plates 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Maybe we should start a list of people who don’t want to work with Jack again:
The Telegraph
Linda McCartney
Hellmans
Who makes Daily Kitchen

Yeah you don’t wait 3 years for non payment then moan on Twitter. Weak. I know the Guardian pays promptly as my friend used to do it!
The ONS
Del Monte
THAT MAN

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I just want to know how she can sleep through multiple IPhone alarms? Their alarm tones could wake the dead.
I’m sure a friendly Telegraph journalist could publish an article with the headline ‘Jack Monroe, yer time’s up’.

The Google Alert will waken her quicker than any alarm will!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Or... she's lying and just felt too tired, so turned them all off and went back to sleep.
Plus I'm sure whoever she was supposed to be talking to today tried calling her when they realised she was late. Did she sleep through / ignore the calls too?

• Sad
Reactions: 36
I wonder how long it is before she starts doing Cameo requests at £30 a pop for her adoring squigs. You can have that one for free pal*

*Only because if you did I would be the first to pay it and send Jack a very long message about her Patreon and taxes to read out as a ballad which ends in her promising to pay her creditors and close the Patreon.
Wonder if she’d recite the Why You Cry, Lady Di poem? Maybe while crying on a sideboard in a wig.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The spaceman man is creepy but I think harmless and generous.

Asking her to film the unboxing is as if he sees her as a young niece or something? Completely inappropriate for a grown woman who he doesn't actually know. But it goes to show how Jack successfully portrays herself as vulnerable and in need of care which makes her seem young.

I don't think she knew how to handle the awkward request, so just said yes and hoped he would leave her alone. Being the selfish mare she is, she's putting herself first and stringing him along instead of rectifying the situation.

At this point it might feel like her only option (because she has repeatedly agreed to the video) is to grit her teeth and get on with faking an excited unboxing for him. And she's putting it off.

She could just send him a private message thanking him profusely and apologise that she felt too awkward and anxious to film it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Apparently she started an open University degree years ago but gave it up as she couldn't afford it. If you Google Jack Monroe open University it takes you to a huff post article saying so

Is there nothing she's not tried and failed at ffs!,

• Wow
  • Haha
FWIW my father is a retired journalist who still writes occasionally in a freelance capacity.

He has only had an issue with a payment once, in 10 years. It turned out the paper (The Times) had paid the agency 6 months earlier, and they hadn’t passed it on. That was the one & only time he got a gig through an agency.

Perhaps worth asking your own agency Jack…

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She was doing another degree last year that seems to have fizzled out. Her description of her first essay totally explains why I seem to remember. There’s a reason jumping from 4 GCSES to a degree is an error.

you don’t just pay for OU though, I imagine it would be loans?

Reactions: 28
She was doing another degree last year that seems to have fizzled out. Her description of her first essay totally explains why I seem to remember. There’s a reason jumping from 4 GCSES to a degree is an error.

you don’t just pay for OU though, I imagine it would be loans?
Loans in England and Wales free in Scotland if you earn less than 25k a year

To be fair there are people who do an OU degree with no qualifications but they ease you in very gently and I believe there are access courses you can do as well to prepare for study

Reactions: 24
Apparently she started an open University degree years ago but gave it up as she couldn't afford it. If you Google Jack Monroe open University it takes you to a huff post article saying so

How many years ago? I think it was free to those on benefits until late 2012 I think.

Also, you don't have to pay back student loans until you're earning enough. She must have been worried she was earning too much.

Reactions: 18
What are the 4 devices?
She has 2 phones, one of which is an iPhone. The other at one point was a Pixel I think, but don't see the Android tag on Twitter these days under her posts, so that may have changed. She has a Lumie luxe alarm clock too. WFK about the other...

Reactions: 28

Hmm. This reminds me of this intriguing aside from a very early blog entry:

Screenshot_20220601-000842_Chrome.jpg

(Back then Jack was still unaware of her secret autism diagnosis, so she appears to have been capable of lying. Unlike now, of course.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
How many years ago? I think it was free to those on benefits until late 2012 I think.

Also, you don't have to pay back student loans until you're earning enough. She must have been worried she was earning too much.
Article was from 2015 but didn't specify the exact year
Well exactly. Think you start to repay when you earn 25 k plus

Reactions: 17
Hmm. This reminds me of this intriguing aside from a very early blog entry:

View attachment 1309137

(Back then Jack was still unaware of her secret autism diagnosis, so she appears to have been capable of lying. Unlike now, of course.)
what did she pretend her degree was back then?! fake academic jack bleeping kills me

-yours truly, a blurst who is currently sat at her desk tearing her hair out at an impenetrable research article

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
It really seems like people have been so conditioned to believe someone on their side is “good” then must be right. Some people who challenge her are automatically attacked as being tories based on nothing other than they have questioned her.

We have to be getting jubilee hats? Which reminds me I haven’t been near the royal family/Harry and Meghan threads in months BRB!! 😂
we NEED jubilee golden hats. if solid gold hats are good enough for that old crone then why can't we?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Respectfully I have to say I’m with Jack on this (oh gawd!): she does not owe him a thing. It isn’t for her to open his gift and gush about it on Twitter just because he asks.
OK but ... she should have set her boundaries from the start? Or at least the middle. The fact she's let it get to this stage is her fault.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.