Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It pains me to see BPD going from barely known to now being chucked around as much as Narc to explain any cunty behaviour.

There are a whole range of personality disorders that she could have, including BPD and histrionic which have similarities. There are also all other kinds of MH diagnosies that could explain her behaviour. Or she could just be a selfish, self-obsessed bleep. 🤷🏻‍♀️
For context, I'm a paramedic, not a psychiatrist but not a layperson either.
I genuinely believe there is a pathology that requires intervention, she might not be a nice person but she's obviously a deeply, deeply unhappy one in need of help.

BPD is a challenging disorder for sure but nowhere did I cast any form of judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Mr DM just called me to say he listened to the whole Radio 5 programme this am and the small pixie wasn’t on and so they played yesterdays clip. They roped some Italian restauranteur from Wales in to talk about food. He said it felt like she had let them down and didn’t show up…again.
Mrs professional, gets these talking head pieces in a flurry once every quarter and can’t cope with the work. What a twit! The BBC and others should know by now that Jack does not get up before lunch time for anyone!
Sunday: she was going to take every bit of work offered so she could get a mortgage
Tuesday: doesn't show up for radio slot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
This!! Also the sheer lack of routine or actual work for a decade+ will contribute, it’s like she’s re written her circadian rhythms to become an actual under the bridge dweller Twitter troll.

Re podcasts - from what I’ve heard they don’t offer guests payment. You’d hope the BBC/Spotify who’ve made it an actual product/revenue stream of their service would but I know of brand sponsored or usual ad placement podcasts who’ve not. Tbh from what I see IRL a lot of ppl just really enjoy chatting about themselves and conveying a certain image so would crawl over hot coals to speak about themselves on a “legitimate” platform 😳🤭
There is also a lot of - I will be your guest so you get paid by your ads and then you be my guest so I get paid by my ads. An entire circle of podcasts that mean you can listen to the same people chat for hours!

View attachment 1307455
Ah, he is distancing himself from JM already
He definitely got told

Reactions: 45
Totally agree. The thing is, everyone can exhibit certain traits, without needing a diagnosis to explain/excuse it away. Social media is creating a lot of narc types, but it doesn't mean they have NPD for example.

Regardless of any disorder, or none at all, if you're a bleep, then you're just a bleep. For the record, I don't think Jack is formally diagnosed with any of the things she claims, nor anything else. She is just a self obsessed bleep, as you say.
I don't think she is formally diagnosed with anything either but I do think she's a narcissist. I absolutely agree that social media doesn't help and there are certain behaviours a lot of people display that show certain aspects of personality disorders but for me it's the compulsive lying and the inability to take criticism that make her a narcissist. The over the top ways she tries to silence criticism, threats of legal action. (She ticks other boxes as well in my view on the npd scale)..

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Fraus, as a medical professional I don't rank MH issues on anything other than severity.

I didn't realise it was ok to discuss some conditions but not others.

I'm too late to delete but maybe we could just leave it there, I never meant to imply that BPD is "bad" and tbh everyone could benefit from a bit of DBT in my experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Quick question.

Does anyone think she will have put the granola recipe in her new book because it is R E A L L Y starting to gnaw away at me now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I just watched the ITV news segment from yesterday, and am officially retracting my previous opinion (from the BBC segment) that her weird twitchy demeanour was just due to generalised anxiety, and fear of being criticised or questioned.

I am generally of the opinion that she does NOT take drugs, because she hasn't made any unprompted defense of herself regarding it. Every accusation that is true, she adamantly defends herself against. I feel the same about lip filler accusations; it's not actually true (she's always had big, weirdly shaped lips) so she is truly unbothered about refuting it. Also she just seems too much of a teacher's pet type to take drugs.

But holy tit in that ITV clip she doesn't look well at all. I'm a good lil frau with no drug experience except weed, so not sure what's wrong but the excessive blinking; the visible struggle to think and talk at the same time; the slurring and stumbling her words; the brief pause after she's said something and she's trying to work out if her words came out in the right order 😬
I'd like to respectfully disagree however it is opinion based and therefore flawed. I fully agree with your last paragraph and it's quite concerning.

Narcs will disregard genuine accusations until they can't. But even if you get right in their face with damning evidence they will obfuscate, distract, gaslight and victim blame their way out. They show no remorse and in their own head they are still right despite being confronted with the evidence. There are narc criminals who have been found guilty after a fair trial and sentenced to a prison term and still they cannot see they are wrong.

I believe based on the evidence of Jack's own behaviour, that she is cut from the same cloth.

It's quite clear from older photos that Jack has had lip filler.
I also believe she is suffering from some sort of substance abuse, most likely exposed to it in her London days or abusing prescription meds. Some of her tweets, especially the snarky or bizarre ones make more sense if you read them with the awareness that she is under the influence of something. Other circumstantial evidence includes her being awake all night, her sniffing issues, her erratic interviews, slurring, her food cravings, her lack of social life and perhaps most telling of all - the fact her son does not live with her.

Jack is not a teacher's pet either. I think she wants to be but has a strong self destructive streak and her know it all attitude works against her. She is also a bully and a pathological liar. But her image is everything to her, she will go to extreme lengths to protect that including pursuing a libel case. She is legitimately dangerous to herself, those around her and her fans (via misinformation). She has no conscience, no empathy and above all, she has to always be right.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Hang on, last time I was here she was tinkering with antidepressants? Some ADs or APs would explain a lot of the behaviour in that post, certainly during the adjustment period anyway.

Reactions: 15
My dear sweet summer Frau, it was never going to happen. Jack doesn't follow through on anything, too lazy and entitled.
Grunking but no doubt she will infer it was absorbed into this latest ons thing (sorry don't know what it's called)

Also chicken porridge 😭 it's the sort of thing I'd make when starving, out of ideas and just CBA. Would end up eating it under duress so as not to waste it.
So much of jack's food reminds me of my own bad food on bad days. I don't claim to be a cook though and I would never dare suggest anyone else eats it, I wouldn't even dare give it to my own kids!

Reactions: 23
Quick question.

Does anyone think she will have put the granola recipe in her new book because it is R E A L L Y starting to gnaw away at me now?
Oh, Tunnel, it's just not coming, love, you've got to get on with your life, maybe try and meet some cereals?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
0C3A0A48-E025-478F-BE96-60F4888BA97F.jpeg
She must live her life like this………
What an embarrassment.
And Jackie wonders why no one wants her for a FT gig. What a tw&t 😵💫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Wtf?!?

Jack, when people say you're too "coarse" for TV they don't mean your accent, they mean because you say incredibly distasteful things like this. No respectable brand would want to be represented by someone who talks this way. (See also: recent comments about "lamping" elected representatives.) It's not the accent or the tattoos, it's the personality. Hope that helps pal 🥰
Are you actually kidding she said that about her brother? That's a horrendous thing to say - about anyone in any of the armed forces but ESPECIALLY your own brother!! What!

ETA I personally think we should leave off discussing potential MH diagnoses, I know a lot of Fraus have their own opinions but it can be upsetting to many people to throw diagnoses around (NOT having a go at you, @PunkyMonkey ) and a fair few of us here have lots of experience with MH issues in a personal or professioanl setting so maybe best to leave it. It also strikes me that diagnosing Jack from afar is one of the only things she could possibly, potentially seek to take legal action over.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
That's an incredibly sweeping statement.

I appreciate that there is stigma attached to it but the NHS as a whole can't be held responsible for the behaviour or actions of a fraction of their employees.

I have several friends with BPD who've all made brilliant progress with DBT based approaches and online support networks.
It’s great that your friends were helped by DBT, but it’s not a one size fits all. There also many stories of people who have been neglected by the NHS following a diagnosis of ‘BPD’ resulting in many taking their own lives. I appreciate that it was a bit of a general statement, but it’s not untrue either.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
View attachment 1307455
Ah, he is distancing himself from JM already
When will people realise she’ll drop you in the tit as soon as look at you to protect herself? Didn’t she delete the screenshot of his tweet which she used when responding to a critic? I wonder if he messaged her.
I wish someone had put the screenshot of all her insane ‘334%’ etc claims up and asked him how the report vindicated her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Well I'm absolutely delighted she slept through her interviews. Shows that she is lazy, disrespectful, ungrateful, and unreliable and will hopefully have her blacklisted from future bookings.

It also means that programmes need to think a bit more creatively than just "Jack Monroe -she'll fill a bit of time". I was listening to Radio 4 in the car and they spoke to a woman who is really struggling. The segment was on free school meals and it starts around 2 hrs 10 mins in. She spoke very powerfully.

These are the people Jack is taking the space of in this conversation with her ridiculous ill-informed self obsessed rantings that help no-one but Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.