Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People with BPD are not bad. It mostly comes from childhood trauma and emotional neglect, but the NHS treat people with BPD as if they are bad and manipulative.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
So let me get this straight, did she actually sleep through the interviews or do the interviews sounding half asleep?

so unprofessional either way.

Reactions: 19
She's just a perpetual teenager. I'm a year younger than her, admittedly my kid is a lot younger than SB so I'm always up by 6 anyway, but I don't know anyone in their mid-thirties who would piss about online all night and sleep through such big, career-changing committments. It also suggests that she didn't do much actual parenting of SB, because once you have a young child you can never seem to get your brain to sleep past a certain time anyway!
This!! Also the sheer lack of routine or actual work for a decade+ will contribute, it’s like she’s re written her circadian rhythms to become an actual under the bridge dweller Twitter troll.

Re podcasts - from what I’ve heard they don’t offer guests payment. You’d hope the BBC/Spotify who’ve made it an actual product/revenue stream of their service would but I know of brand sponsored or usual ad placement podcasts who’ve not. Tbh from what I see IRL a lot of ppl just really enjoy chatting about themselves and conveying a certain image so would crawl over hot coals to speak about themselves on a “legitimate” platform 😳🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Apologies if this has already been said as I'm catching up in the thread. But I'm fairly certain this is a troll account that has been set up to discredit Jack by tweeting outrageously as if they're a fanatic fan. They've tweeted stuff like this before.
YeH there is definitely something a bit off with that account, originally I thought it was a sock but you could be right

Reactions: 22
Apologies if this has already been said as I'm catching up in the thread. But I'm fairly certain this is a troll account that has been set up to discredit Jack by tweeting outrageously as if they're a fanatic fan. They've tweeted stuff like this before.
I just had a look through their tweets, and yeah, you're right.

Wish we could say the same about 99% of the Jackolytes...

Reactions: 23
Tbh from what I see IRL a lot of ppl just really enjoy chatting about themselves and conveying a certain image so would crawl over hot coals to speak about themselves on a “legitimate” platform 😳🤭
This is it, especially when it comes to Jack. Yeah she's tit at public speaking but she really lights up when she can just monologue for an hour or so about her favourite subject (herself). Was really apparent when she was so shaky and pretend-shy receiving that campaigning award but the minute she sat down with the Tortoise interviewer it was all overblown fake laughter and self-aggrandising stories about her childhood and her activism.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Wtf?!?

Jack, when people say you're too "coarse" for TV they don't mean your accent, they mean because you say incredibly distasteful things like this. No respectable brand would want to be represented by someone who talks this way. (See also: recent comments about "lamping" elected representatives.) It's not the accent or the tattoos, it's the personality. Hope that helps pal 🥰
If you watch the latest Daily Kitchen Live and hear the massive burp she does when Matt is talking - that’s the coarse behaviour. Not where you are from.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
People with BPD are not bad. It mostly comes from childhood trauma and emotional neglect, but the NHS treat people with BPD as if they are bad and manipulative.
It pains me to see BPD going from barely known to now being chucked around as much as Narc to explain any cunty behaviour.

There are a whole range of personality disorders that she could have, including BPD and histrionic which have similarities. There are also all other kinds of MH diagnosies that could explain her behaviour. Or she could just be a selfish, self-obsessed bleep. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Doesn't she have to be up at 5.30? I thought she had put her phone in another room.

As for the ONS guy. He uses the word 'twisted' for how it is being looked at, I would say 'interpreted'. The ONS have put the data out there - other experts have looked at it and come to a different conclusion. And if he was 'afraid it might happen' he must've been aware it was not clear cut?
(I'm not criticising him at all btw. Just that Jack's gotcha over his tweet isn't such a gotcha imo).
At risk of 🔺 myself, there has been no published paper on this and no peer reviewed evidence by the looks of it. Sounds like this researcher was doing this as a favour with little academic interest and is covering his arse now the piss poor effort is beginning to unravel.

• Wow
Reactions: 43
That's an incredibly sweeping statement.

I appreciate that there is stigma attached to it but the NHS as a whole can't be held responsible for the behaviour or actions of a fraction of their employees.

I have several friends with BPD who've all made brilliant progress with DBT based approaches and online support networks.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It pains me to see BPD going from barely known to now being chucked around as much as Narc to explain any cunty behaviour.

There are a whole range of personality disorders that she could have, including BPD and histrionic which have similarities. There are also all other kinds of MH diagnosies that could explain her behaviour. Or she could just be a selfish, self-obsessed bleep. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Totally agree. The thing is, everyone can exhibit certain traits, without needing a diagnosis to explain/excuse it away. Social media is creating a lot of narc types, but it doesn't mean they have NPD for example.

Regardless of any disorder, or none at all, if you're a bleep, then you're just a bleep. For the record, I don't think Jack is formally diagnosed with any of the things she claims, nor anything else. She is just a self obsessed bleep, as you say.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Sorry for OT rant but it really is so upsetting that there appears to be an unwritten hierarchy in terms of MH conditions.

Some are more acceptable than others nowadays. All are debilitating in one form or another to the sufferer. The stigma attached to the less “accepted” ones just adds to the distress felt. We need to stop being so discriminatory.

On topic, her reliance on her phone is an issue. Those around her (OH in particular) seem to be oblivious of the damage that reliance is having on her MH and her career. If OH can take her away for toasties and films, why can’t they take away the phone so she can sleep?

ETA- this isn’t having a go at anyone. This is a general moan. Obviously she may not have BPD or NPD. We aren’t the clinicians in charge. WFK anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
What a glorious week I chose to be off work! Seeing this charlatan finally having her arse handed to her by actual statistician is a sheer joy. I’m not surprised she ‘overslept’….what a coincidence- who could have predicted that happening 😂!?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This!! Also the sheer lack of routine or actual work for a decade+ will contribute, it’s like she’s re written her circadian rhythms to become an actual under the bridge dweller Twitter troll.

Re podcasts - from what I’ve heard they don’t offer guests payment. You’d hope the BBC/Spotify who’ve made it an actual product/revenue stream of their service would but I know of brand sponsored or usual ad placement podcasts who’ve not. Tbh from what I see IRL a lot of ppl just really enjoy chatting about themselves and conveying a certain image so would crawl over hot coals to speak about themselves on a “legitimate” platform 😳🤭
The lack of routine also shows SB isn't with her very often. Kids (even pleasant ones) absolutely rule your schedule.

Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.