Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if someone has done this. But ONS squig was with them for one year from March. He now works elsewhere. Who could speculate why? He certainly shouldn’t be claiming to represent them when he was a data scientist for the ONS til March...
I am wrong! He is still ONS. Oops, chaos.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
There’s one thing being unprofessional and there’s another being publicly unprofessional in order to get sympathy, which she did. Not a word of apology! She got a load of “hope you get some good rest” etc from her fawning fans. No one will give her a big responsible job now, will they? She’ll complain about it until the end of her days, and it will be because of persecution and not her own fault at all. I bet Jamie Oliver turns up when he says he going to turn up. One of the many reasons he gets repeat work.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
'Chunks and lumps'

Isn't that stuff sold in near transparent packaging? So it's not a Kinder Egg situation here. They're acting like it's one of those surprise boxes. Surely, you'd have a good look to make sure you're buying a packet with decent 'chunks and lumps' in it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
St Agur cheese doesn’t last more than two days in my house. Maybe clean your fridge a bit after you chuck out the 6 month old blue cheese, Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
There's only so long you can medicate lack of sleep with ADHD meds before you start to become ever-so-slightly psychotic.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Also, just while I remember, in that podcast she said that the chicken porridge recipe had been published in one of her books (I think GFFBD). She said that she'd obviously added better ingredients to it because no one wants to be eating [the original recipe]. Which is actually true but just goes to show the contempt she has for her readers.
I cannot believe she actually said that! WTF is wrong with her

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Isn't that stuff sold in near transparent packaging? So it's not a Kinder Egg situation here. They're acting like it's one of those surprise boxes. Surely, you'd have a good look to make sure you're buying a packet with decent 'chunks and lumps' in it.
I think we've got more chance of a cheap wet bacon unboxing video than a space squig vid at this point in time.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I have to say, actually, I do sympathize with anyone who struggles with their sleep patterns because of mental elf. If I was going to get up at 5:30, I’d have to take my medication many hours earlier than usual and even then, I doubt I’d be able to. But if I then missed appointments I’d made, I’d be apologetic for letting people down. And I wouldn’t have been on Twitter in the middle of the night. No matter your diagnoses, you can’t just take zero responsibility for your own actions!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I cannot believe she actually said that! WTF is wrong with her
I think this is what she means when she says she 'literally can't lie'. I mean, she says whatever random stuff without realising how damning it is and then pretends like it's some sort of virtue that she voices every ugly thought she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I would say it's more NPD than BPD.
I agree and with bpd/EUPD many people with it are able to control it, want to control it and put in the work needed to live well with it.

I personally go for NPD but anywhere in cluster B and dark triad would fit. I believe she is in the ones which don’t want to change, won’t engage in change and are without empathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
For context, I'm a paramedic, not a psychiatrist but not a layperson either.
I genuinely believe there is a pathology that requires intervention, she might not be a nice person but she's obviously a deeply, deeply unhappy one in need of help.
Thing is, she has had help. More help than most of us could ask for in a lifetime. She has therapists on speed dial and had intense therapy, where she says she threw a chair. She had weeks and weeks away from the stresses of life enjoying a jolly in the posh aparthotel while someone else looked after her kid. Imagine how much that kind of break and therapy could mean to someone struggling with their mental health. As someone who had to rely on absolute barebones NHS services when I had a MH crisis, it annoys me so much that she pissed away the opportunity to engage and get better because she thinks she’s so smart and above it all.

(BTW, this is absolutely not a rant at you, Punky. I just don’t know what more help anyone could give her.)

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I don't think the VBI will ever see the light of day now. After yesterday, she surely realises that Big Stats are a lot more complicated than she previously thought, and involve a bit more than visiting the local ASDA with a notebook.

It is seriously so insulting to people like Chris Giles, and statisticians who will have worked damn hard to get Masters and PhDs in such a difficult subject, to have a smol pixie barge in and act like she knows it all.

As to suing the Torygraph - HA! Jack, after 20 years of the BTL phenomenon, newspapers have managed to work out which comments might be libellous and which are not. Mostly, BTLs are just people expressing their opinions in a forthright way. Just like here. And guess what? That ain't libel.

Someone, I think @HotesTilaire , asked in the orevious thread what makes a squig. I tend to see them as that phenom of middle and upper middle class wokebros, who actually can't stand women with their own opinions, but think they're terribly right-on, and will lick the feet of influencers they think have the right opinions and send death threats to people who don't. The type who re-tweets Guardian articles and Novara vids whilst sending death threats to JKR and wishing horrible torture on members of the Tory front bench (because David Amess mean nothing to them). I also suspect (and this is unfair of me perhaps) that a decent number of them have serious problems with creating and sustaining relationships with women, or indeed, getting a shag in general.
We should acknowledge that there are two types of squiggs. The ardent Jackolytes ready to spring to her defence and the calm, reasonable ones who point out her lies, fallacies, misinformation and general shite.

Reactions: 32
Still catching up so may have already been said, but I think she purposely didn’t turn up to the interviews this morning due to the pushback articles yesterday from the broadsheets and King Chris etc - She was scared she wouldn’t be able to keep up the grift with the made up VBI and her mis-interpreting the ONS Data.

(Just speculation m’lud).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.