Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you actually kidding she said that about her brother? That's a horrendous thing to say - about anyone in any of the armed forces but ESPECIALLY your own brother!! What!
She laughed a lot at her own comment, and the other three people on the podcast were just silent. As you'd imagine, bleeping hell.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
She laughed a lot at her own comment, and the other three people on the podcast were just silent. As you'd imagine, bleeping hell.
She did that video thing with Ruby Bake Off person, and when anyone else was talking, she ignored them, fidgeted and was writing tit down. And there was another video where she just leaves the screen when others are talking.

She is incredibly rude.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
People with BPD are not bad. It mostly comes from childhood trauma and emotional neglect, but the NHS treat people with BPD as if they are bad and manipulative.
I worked in mental health when I was very young (too young) and all the older experienced staff used to talk about 'personality disorder' as an almost hallowed condition 'theyre so bad' 'you can't treat them' etc etc
I spent much time terrified I'd be given someone with a personality disorder to look after and somehow they'd get inside my head and make me do bad things (grew up on Freddie Kruger movies and the like)
Obviously I learned over time that this is not the case for many people and these 'conditions' are often based in childhood trauma and other untreated , undiagnosed conditions.
I am sad to hear things like this still bandied around from time to time, even from my old colleagues / friends who still work in mental health.
I have no doubt been guilty of it myself.
mud can really stuck in medical fields, things like drug seeking, manufactured illness, 'malingering' type words, attention seeking, playing the system...
I think we are waking up as conditions are now better diagnosed and treated but as someone with invisible illnesses and who has worked in and around these areas, there is still a lot of prejudice and assumption.

They ask as she lives by the sea does she eat a lot of seafood? Yessss she eats loadssss, of course when she lived in Leigh - she ate cockles. I’ve literally never since these threads started known there to use fresh seafood. Honourable mention of Harold. SB eats at his dads often.

Now doing her desert island meal. Her nose, Jesus bleeping hell.

Mugging off her estranged brother! Biggest wimp in the world apparently, can’t believe he ended up in the RAF, what a witch!
I can't remember who posted about burning bridges but if there was a prize for it jack would Def win it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
This is why Jack will struggle to sort her finances out herself.

As a frau with genuine MH issues I am empathetic to others in the same boat and know just how debilitating it can be.
F**king about on Twitter at stupid o'clock for validation and dopamine shows her utter disrespect for other folks time (the practice run for the mortgage is another prime example of this). To behave like this, epecially when you know that its blow stuff apart before, is not quirky or endearing and it doesn't make you a bit of a scamp; it is disgusting behaviour.
I am so mad. 😡

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
The thing is though Jack herself uses her poor mental health to excuse being a twit on twitter. I can't remember what she did the other week but she went in on someone and then said she was having an episode of the bad mentals she also regularly suggests that she has clinical depression. If she can discuss her mental health then surely other people can too although I appreciate folk might want any discussion spoilered. I also understand why people might be wary of being sued by her but that's pot kettle on her part given the shite she's tweeted about other people in the past (Henry Hoover etc).

I personally do think she's a narcissist and I've yet to cross paths with a narcissist who wasn't a grade a bleep and she is also that

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
For context, I'm a paramedic, not a psychiatrist but not a layperson either.
I genuinely believe there is a pathology that requires intervention, she might not be a nice person but she's obviously a deeply, deeply unhappy one in need of help.

BPD is a challenging disorder for sure but nowhere did I cast any form of judgement.
For context, I have BPD and have been through over a decade of both disgusting and satisfactory NHS care. I have also been on the receiving end of stigma and shame due to a label.

I didnt mean to imply you are casting judgement. It is just really disheartening to see the increase in which BPD is thrown around as a (suspected) reason for awful behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
This!! Also the sheer lack of routine or actual work for a decade+ will contribute, it’s like she’s re written her circadian rhythms to become an actual under the bridge dweller Twitter troll.

Re podcasts - from what I’ve heard they don’t offer guests payment. You’d hope the BBC/Spotify who’ve made it an actual product/revenue stream of their service would but I know of brand sponsored or usual ad placement podcasts who’ve not. Tbh from what I see IRL a lot of ppl just really enjoy chatting about themselves and conveying a certain image so would crawl over hot coals to speak about themselves on a “legitimate” platform 😳🤭
My mate got paid 6k to go on a podcast that was sponsored by Mailchimp. So Jack could have picked up a tidy fee for Table Manners...

• Wow
Reactions: 55
Apologies if someone has done this. But ONS squig was with them for one year from March. He now works elsewhere. Who could speculate why? He certainly shouldn’t be claiming to represent them when he was a data scientist for the ONS til March...

• Wow
Reactions: 66
They cooked for Yotam Ottolenghi ffs - no wonder this was a ‘special episode’ it was definitely not on their intended programming for the season.
Quoting self like a twit - because (I am) want to emphasise this was aimed at Jack, and not the other guest who sounds lovely and unfortunately has been paired with the Southend slopgoblin. Hopefully Nureen will get some more podcast appearances solo.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry to be a cock but can anyone confirm whether she actually slept through her alarm and missed the jobs lined up today or is just moaning about being tired (& did actually do them)?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry to be a cock but can anyone confirm whether she actually slept through her alarm and missed the jobs lined up today or is just moaning about being tired (& did actually do them)?
I think she missed them (assuming she had as many as she said booked). She seems to have been a no show for 5live as they said she'd be on, no idea if the others were real or just Jackshit.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
This is why Jack will struggle to sort her finances out herself.

As a frau with genuine MH issues I am empathetic to others in the same boat and know just how debilitating it can be.
F**king about on Twitter at stupid o'clock for validation and dopamine shows her utter disrespect for other folks time (the practice run for the mortgage is another prime example of this). To behave like this, epecially when you know that its blow stuff apart before, is not quirky or endearing and it doesn't make you a bit of a scamp; it is disgusting behaviour.
I am so mad. 😡
Apologies for quoting myself like a super ninny but I am enraged. 🙈
This is also why she can't, or won't, ever have a regular job. It's not about childcare or traaazers she just can't be bothered to get her Mediterranean 🍑 out of bed and apply herself to something with any level of consistency. That has nothing to do with any of the illnesses or conditions that she has and everything to do with her humongous ego and overriding sense of entitlement.
There.
Now I shall breathe. 🧘🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The way she uses twitter is actually worse for her mental health I think.

It creates an echo chamber of worshippers who put her on a pedestal. Anyone with minor questions/suggestions can't comment and aren't going to bother QT 'cause that's not what it's for. So she never needs to engage constructively with minor critiques. See how she reacts to suggestions for solutions with "completed it mate".

So that means her QTs are all praise/virtue signaling squigs apart from the odd one who is calling her out properly/less nicely which she also doesn't have to engage with. This feeds into her victim narrative, whilst also ensuring she never has to learn from/take on board feedback as she can brush it off as trolling.

I wish I were her therapist (I'm not a therapist)
I'm so glad I'm not her therapist!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Apologies if someone has done this. But ONS squig was with them for one year from March. He now works elsewhere. Who could speculate why? He certainly shouldn’t be claiming to represent them when he was a data scientist for the ONS til March...
He still works for the ONS. He moved to a different department.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I think she missed them (assuming she had as many as she said booked). She seems to have been a no show for 5live as they said she'd be on, no idea if the others were real or just Jackshit.
She wasn't on 5live unless it was a teeny tiny segment whilst I was using the bathroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Tried to listen to that Table Manners podcast and I switched off after Jack said her first sentence. Her bleeping voice is terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.