Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a debit card for children. She opened one pretending to be nine to manage her spending but outed her fraud on social media like the dopey mare she is
She also wrote about it in her seminal essay, You Don't Batch Cook When You're Suicidal (aka Potatoes).

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 10.12.30.png

When her fraudulent GoHenry account was suspended because of fraud, she blamed us, making up a story about how we had somehow impersonated her to get her account shut down. She accused us of taking money from her son.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
With the GoHenry card, Jack pretended that she had one, and that she didn’t have one it was SB’s.
She tried to make out she was using the GoHenry for shopping (you load money to it, you can only spend what is loaded there is no overdraft, because it’s for children) leaving aside the “lying about being a child in order to get a GoHenry card” the point of the card is to teach kids about money management. It has a fancy app and it costs about £5 a month to use the service. So top tip - spend money, to get a kids card you’re not allowed, to stop you overspending!

Or just withdraw cash from an ATM, whichever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
What is a ‘go Henry’? I feel completely out of the loop on this, for some reason I thought it was a tweeter. Or the infamous Walliams gif x
Thread 156 157 Go Henry is a bank card for under 18’s mackie claimed to have pretended to be 9 to open an account to use for her weekly shop, she then bragged on twitter and IG about having done so. Go Henry squiggle, as she came to be known reported her to go henry who closed the account.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Re: the Jamie Oliver vid, I agree she’s not bad. Compare and contrast with the Hellmans tit show and you really hope and pray that she kept the receipts for that TV presenting course she went on.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Go Henry - did she not come back later and say that it WAS SB's card and stopping the card had thereby stolen his treats?

Was taking a look at the Wiki. Is it worth pointing out in the Lee Anderson spat that it all started with her calling him a "rich, white privileged male" and, in the interview, he was simply replying to that?

• Wow
Reactions: 38
With the GoHenry card, Jack pretended that she had one, and that she didn’t have one it was SB’s.
She tried to make out she was using the GoHenry for shopping (you load money to it, you can only spend what is loaded there is no overdraft, because it’s for children) leaving aside the “lying about being a child in order to get a GoHenry card” the point of the card is to teach kids about money management. It has a fancy app and it costs about £5 a month to use the service. So top tip - spend money, to get a kids card you’re not allowed, to stop you overspending!

Or just withdraw cash from an ATM, whichever.
i might be misremembering, but didn’t she also tweet Asda receipts at the same time and they showed she’d paid with a Visa affiliated card, which didn’t match up anyway? Somehow exposing that her gleeful admission of fraud was also untrue.
So stupid and so, so unnecessary.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
She also wrote about it in her seminal essay, You Don't Batch Cook When You're Suicidal (aka Potatoes).

View attachment 1297613

When her fraudulent GoHenry account was suspended because of fraud, she blamed us, making up a story about how we had somehow impersonated her to get her account shut down. She accused us of taking money from her son.

Does that not seem to indicate that her poverty was due to her overspending on cards more than anything else?

Reactions: 38

View attachment 1297613

Holy Mary!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Many pages behind but has Martin Lewis always been this much of a whiny lil whinger? Get over it hun it’s only Twitter 😴

2207F998-5687-49DF-A03B-029C4ED2146C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Is it really that big of a thing for a young person to work a few jobs at a time? I used to have two when I was at uni, there was a brief cross over of three at one point (don't recommend!)
Same. At one point just after graduating I worked part time in a school, as a tutor, organising a playscheme at another school and did Christmas hours at a well known gaming retailer. Because uni was my way out and moving back in with my parents was not an option.

Does that not seem to indicate that her poverty was due to her overspending on cards more than anything else?
Given her love for pricey things and the fact she was on a decent wage I'm guessing she probably had a reasonable amount on credit but was getting by paying it off each month...until she couldn't. Pure speculation obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I was chaotic between the ages of 17 and 22. As in, major binge drinking issue and weed smoker.

I had 7 jobs in that period. Two major retailers, three inbound call centres, one bar job and one office admin job.

I moved 6 times - from house shares or sleeping on friends sofas.

And NO children.

So, as ever, I find it impossible to believe her most recent claims of jobs. I mean, I’m a sample size of 1, so hardly Big Maffs or Big Stats, but I also had chaotic friends who had harder drug addiction issues but managed to hold down 1 job and live in 1 place in the same time frame mentioned above.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.