Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was chaotic between the ages of 17 and 22. As in, major binge drinking issue and weed smoker.

I had 7 jobs in that period. Two major retailers, three inbound call centres, one bar job and one office admin job.

I moved 6 times - from house shares or sleeping on friends sofas.

And NO children.

So, as ever, I find it impossible to believe her most recent claims of jobs. I mean, I’m a sample size of 1, so hardly Big Maffs or Big Stats, but I also had chaotic friends who had harder drug addiction issues but managed to hold down 1 job and live in 1 place in the same time frame mentioned above.
Some of those are not real jobs - we know that, for example, she used to fold bedsheets in her granddad's slumlord guesthouse when she was 13 or 14.

Others will be things she did very, very briefly before quitting or getting fired. In 2012 she had 3 jobs for less than a month...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
I was chaotic between the ages of 17 and 22. As in, major binge drinking issue and weed smoker.

I had 7 jobs in that period. Two major retailers, three inbound call centres, one bar job and one office admin job.

I moved 6 times - from house shares or sleeping on friends sofas.

And NO children.

So, as ever, I find it impossible to believe her most recent claims of jobs. I mean, I’m a sample size of 1, so hardly Big Maffs or Big Stats, but I also had chaotic friends who had harder drug addiction issues but managed to hold down 1 job and live in 1 place in the same time frame mentioned above.
I once worked 7 days a week while living 'chaotically'. Five in a head shop and two in a tattoo shop. Obviously I didn't have kids and sometimes literally didn't sleep. I'm not bragging, you just do things when you're young(ish). Plenty friends did similar! I've also had day jobs in cafes and night jobs in pubs. Boo boo! Unlike poor Jack, I got paid and was happy to be funding my own modest life style.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Notoriously workshy Jack identifies as a mad workaholic, apparently.

View attachment 1297671
View attachment 1297672
View attachment 1297675
I worked in a bar and my shifts were

Thursday - 7pm - 4am - 9 hours

Friday - 10am - 5pm then 7pm - 4am so a 16 hour split shift

Saturday - 10am - 3pm then 9pm - 4am so a 12 hour split shift

Sunday - 6pm - 4am - 10 hours

Monday - 10am - 6pm - 8 hours

Tuesday - 10am - 6pm - 8 hours

Wednesday - 10am - 6pm - 8 hours

Ridiculous hours, I never got a break - EVER - I was lucky if I managed to sneak off for a cigarette break once per shift and came close to actually pissing myself on several occasions.

71 hours total, however in reality I often worked 80 - 90 hours - I was one of two full time staff and they had a lot of useless, flakey part time staff that hardly ever bleeping showed up so I worked through the gap on my splits quite often, as well as working till 10pm.

I had to clean down, restock the bar etc after it closed at 2am.

Reactions: 14
Why is everything just the most ever with her?

So boring. We can all twist it so our lives are the most ever. But we don’t. tit happens. tit gets better. tit happens again. That’s life. I think the only thing that would really, really cause me to pause would be if my giant chocolate button supply was cut off.

(we don’t even talk about about cherry Pepsi max)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Come on Jack, do better with your lies.

On no planet would a public office have someone working consecutive 15 hour shifts, 12 at a push. And there must be at least eight rest hours between those shifts so you’re not having a ‘brief nap’.

Honestly, lies come to her like the truth comes to the rest of us.
I looked this up a while ago, and it was true - at least according to Google. I was shocked, as it does seem extreme. And of course it was a truth from Jack.
But the pay, days off, benefits were good to offset the shifts. It is usually a 4 on, 4 off pattern where you'd do 2 days then 2 long nights before the days off.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Why is everything just the most ever with her?

So boring. We can all twist it so our lives are the most ever. But we don’t. tit happens. tit gets better. tit happens again. That’s life. I think the only thing that would really, really cause me to pause would be if my giant chocolate button supply was cut off.
Because Jack is convinced she is extraordinary. Even the most mundane things that happen to her, she clings onto with the belief they are yet another indication of her fascinating personality.
And her idiot followers enable this delusion. Exhibit A: The rush to tell her what bleeping day they shop on. Because Jack has decided what day you shop on is a personality trait. Friday obviously being The Best and quirkiest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Isn’t it pretty well known/the biggest critique of means testing child benefit that means testing can often cost more than the money saved by it?

985B11E2-D554-4B15-8C39-3366B55AF067.jpeg

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Isn’t it pretty well known/the biggest critique of means testing child benefit that means testing can often cost more than the money saved by it?

View attachment 1297801

actually someone on the radio was saying that it was better that these weren't means tested because not only does it keep the cost of the bureaucracy down but also it stops there being any barriers to it being claimed - as older people and those with very low incomes may find the form filling and applying for them difficult so this makes sure they get to the people that really need them.

He did go on to say this may just be an accidental benefit but you'd think a povery expert would realise that it was a good thing ......

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Dead at how thick she is. I obviously don’t expect everyone to know that Naga definitely does not mean fire, but to act like you’re some kind of bleeping savant know it all. Chapeau! 😫

As a self-identifying Asia-adjacent frau, it’s sort of ‘known’ when you’ve spent a lot of time there that it’s cobra/river related. The iconography and pseudo-religious names on everything from restaurants to office blocks means that you do find out the meanings of these things over time. Why does she pretend so much, is it getting worse? It’s getting worse, right?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
So hard-left Jack is opposed to universal benefits? Interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Maybe she’s thinking of the extremely hot naga chilli? Although why she’d assume the naga part means fire without checking it first I don’t know.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

View attachment 1297801
Yes indeed. And it's funny coming from someone who according to her has been a supporter of UNIVERSAL basic income for the past decade (lies of course but still). Also .... at what point are you meant to cut off the bail out? The cost of living crisis will affect almost everyone, not just benefit claimants and people on low incomes, but people who work full time in jobs that aren't seen as 'low income' (nurses teachers, etc). She's just spaffing nonsense, absolutely searching for holes in the thing to complain about.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
So hard-left Jack is opposed to universal benefits? Interesting.
This was exactly my thought! Along with the point from HTRIA - its got to be quicker and cheaper in this case to apply across the board.

Maybe it should only go to members of the Labour Party, as everyone who votes Tory, Green, Lib Dem must be rich? #jacklogic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
actually someone on the radio was saying that it was better that these weren't means tested because not only does it keep the cost of the bureaucracy down but also it stops there being any barriers to it being claimed - as older people and those with very low incomes may find the form filling and applying for them difficult so this makes sure they get to the people that really need them.

He did go on to say this may just be an accidental benefit but you'd think a povery expert would realise that it was a good thing ......
Thank you - this is v interesting and true!

This is a broad generalisation but I think she’s vastly overestimating how much attention financially comfortable middle class ppl pay to their outgoings (I know you can be poor and MC so not saying everyone MC is doing alright here). Isn’t ML’s whole schtick that the majority of people don’t switch utilities/insurers often enough so overpay? I’d assumed an eligibility criteria for this so a lot of people will likely not even know it’s been applied to their account.

I’m not being a prick but a big part of the problem is wealth disparity in this country, yes there are very very poor people but there are still people who are comfortable if not better off post pandemic. She writes like it’s just billionaires or peasants in the UK and it’s not reflective of society in the slightest?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.