Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Itā€™s a debit card for children. She opened one pretending to be nine to manage her spending but outed her fraud on social media like the dopey mare she is
I didnā€™t even know this one. Jack, who claims herself to be excellent with money, fraudulently opened a childā€™s debit card account that charges Ā£2.99 a month to operate, to help her manage her spending? I mean, you couldnā€™t make this tit up, itā€™s hilarious šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Did you just Google it too? šŸ˜…
I didn't but I have now. It's one of the useless facts I hold in my peri menopausal brain šŸ˜‚. Like pineapples grow in the ground, the little arrow on the petrol gauge and Inspector Morse's first name šŸ˜‚.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Yes indeed. And it's funny coming from someone who according to her has been a supporter of UNIVERSAL basic income for the past decade (lies of course but still). Also .... at what point are you meant to cut off the bail out? The cost of living crisis will affect almost everyone, not just benefit claimants and people on low incomes, but people who work full time in jobs that aren't seen as 'low income' (nurses teachers, etc). She's just spaffing nonsense, absolutely searching for holes in the thing to complain about.
Yep and whilst simultaneously going on about MP salaries as if Ā£83k (?) pa is untold wealth and a lifestyle beyond everyoneā€™s wildest dreams as opposed to actually, maybe everyone should be compensated fairly for their work (not suggesting just give everyone more money like year 6 debate Jacqui)/UBI so everyone gets a decent quality of life. Like what does she expect? Just have ASDA keep reducing the cost of slop so everyone can live off 30p dinners?

And not suggesting the highly leveraged mid earners are going to starve like Jackie keeps threatening the poorsTM with but these next few years are gonna be a real shocker for them too, so that cash will be a godsend for lots of families that Jack doesnā€™t deem worthy!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
You have to be very high up the income bracket for the current price rises not to have an effect. Giving to all cuts out expensive beaurocracy. Most of the payments are targeted at the most needy.
This is obvs, sugarplum. (y) Keep up, you do know this.

Yes, exactly!

1653650026421.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Busier than the devil himself but is up until 4am every night chatting absolute shite on the bird app.

Uses words with laser-focused accuracy but didn't seem to know the difference between buying and renting the other day.

Back to talking about becoming an MP while pretending her last half-arsed attempt never happened (also, the "big house" means prison, you absolute idiot).

I can't deal with her utter bullshit today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
You have to be very high up the income bracket for the current price rises not to have an effect. Giving to all cuts out expensive beaurocracy. Most of the payments are targeted at the most needy.

Yes, exactly!

View attachment 1297878
I know, she's properly contradicting herself left, right, and centre. It's actually making my brain hurt, trying to understand what her point is (other than to complain). I thought she'd be glad of this, it's going to help a lot of people, especially those to whom Ā£400 is a lot of money.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Oh I do wish she wouldn't talk tit about politics like she knows every thing there is to know about everything. The reason the Tory's won such a big majority at the last election is because those at the lower end of the financial scale voted for them and actually Labour are being supported more by those well off - its been a big switch in the past few years and similar has happened with the Republicans and Democrats in America ..... some of us with autistic brains actually read books and listen to podcasts from people who actually know what they are talking about!

and everyone knows means testing is more expensive. ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 53
"Gloriously autistic"?? Oh just duck the duck off, you utterly disingenuous slow cooked bowl of mouldy fridge gravel.

Sorry Fraus, I am genuinely struggling with my own (not) 'gloriously autistic' self at the moment and the way she tosses this shitbag language about like she's some sort of special needs genius is really, REALLY grating my mushrooms. If only she used her laser focused precision on some real actual work, eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Just chiming in to say-

She uses iPhone so I'm guessing she's on the cloud.

You only get 5gb free storage, they then start charging you from 99p a month. I pay extra because I am a shutterbug. If Jack has 40k worth of photos, we're talking BIG MATHS. She paying a lot for all those.

Here's a thrify tip for you Jack. Stop bleeping about with years old emails, and go through your cloud instead, you'll save a small fortune monthly by doing one of your infamous deleting sprees.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

Yes, exactly!

View attachment 1297878
So why is she moaning then?
I know it is incredibly foolish to overthink anything the slop meister says - but doesn't this tweet just completely negate all the previous tweets on this subject from her?

Reactions: 39
It's genuinely shocking at times how utterly bleeping thick she is isn't it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Wasn't it just a few hours ago that she was complaining about being on of the excluded, and how many people didn't manage to 'claw their way' out of that. Hmmm. Almost as though help should have been given to everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Letā€™s say youā€™re rich enough to own 4 homes in the south east, very similar to Jackā€™s dad with their family property then the 3 he inherited right. Letā€™s keep them a nice round Ā£0.5mil each (this is conservative - thatā€™d be a 2/3 bed terrace)ā€¦ so Ā£2mil in property, Ā£1.6k in energy grants is 0.08% of your wealth (ignoring cash and other assets and investments). In ~accountancy parlance~ this wouldnā€™t be meet the threshold of materiality. Especially considering itā€™ll go to the occupierā€™s energy account, so not v likely to go into the pockets of multi generational landlords like Dave?

Not everything is this deep conspiracy hun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I just canā€™t stop thinking about the gohenry thing. It doesnā€™t make any sense. There have always existed bank accounts that have no overdraft facility. A couple of mine have never been able to go into the minus. These days every bank has to offer a ā€œbasic bank accountā€ with no fees and no credit. Thereā€™s just no need for one of these weird top up debit cards.

And reading her tweets today. What a mess of contradiction. She has no idea what her politics are, does she? Apart from everything Tory is bad.

also I agree that ā€œgloriously autisticā€ is one of the most horribly annoying thing sheā€™s ever said. I canā€™t put into words why I feel that way. does she know any other autistic people?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.