Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be quite normal for people to change their opinions and stances over the course of a decade (for example, many of us here liked JM to start with. That was THEN and this is NOW :D). With Jack it's not so much a change in opinion, it's jumping on a bandwagon when it comes along and rewriting the past when it suits (about being working class, about vortng, about being a vegan, about basically anything).

I think overall there is too much of an obsession with people in the spotlight about what they did or said 10 years ago without looking if they have changed since then, of if they have made amends (I am glad some of my dumb jokes as a student have been forgotten, or perhaps are only stored in an email on a hotmail account that is not used anymore). But it is not JM's critics that keep going back to the past, Jack is the one always brings it up. Her latest piece agian was harping on about The Poverty a decade ago (for fairness, I did not read all of it as it was so dreadfully written)

In a way she has hardly changed. She hasn't become a better cook (she could have), and definitley has not improved her writing. She hasn't become organised as a campaigner (she's not set up a charity, or taken a role in an organisation for a cause she says she does so much for. Het t-shirt action was done in a whim without even checking with theTrussel Trust).

She is stuck.
Hear hear.

Jack, why you not learn and grow?
Got caught up in her own slop flow.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
That was bizarre and probably influenced by large levels of J1G
I do genuinely think she's using, hence the rage comedown. I don't care, I've blocked her on Twitter and deleted my Instagram this morning. She seems to appearing everywhere atm - with left and right leaning people, and, I'm like "urgh, no thanks".

Reactions: 34
Can anyone come up with any examples of kindness, generosity, humour and resilience? I mean there was that time she sent random folk Lion bars which was quite nice, I suppose but mostly she's just mean spirited, grasping and spiteful.
I

I think some of Jack's intentions are well meaning, but they never seem to translate to reality. And I thought pre The Poverty earnest idealistic Jack could be quite sweet, but now she is largely a raging bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I

I think some of Jack's intentions are well meaning, but they never seem to translate to reality. And I thought pre The Poverty earnest idealistic Jack could be quite sweet, but now she is largely a raging bleep.
She's had so much smoke blown up her arse over the years. It's ruined her, her ego is just monstrous. I suspect she always had leanings that way, but has just been given free rein to them now and we've ended up with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She's had so much smoke blown up her arse over the years. It's ruined her, her ego is just monstrous. I suspect she always had leanings that way, but has just been given free rein to them now and we've ended up with this.
There was definitely a moment where she could have gone either way, when I first began to notice she what an absolute horror she was I still thought if she reigned in her worst instincts she could redeem herself but now I think she's beyond that. She's being enabled by her squigs some of whom mean well and some of whom are raging cunts who get a kick out of her bullying people.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I think it’s quite telling that she’s recycling old stories but saying that different people said it. This is what compulsive liars do. They add in bits to their stories but they forget what they said the last time. So her brother, Michael Portillo and a complete stranger all told her she should have closed her legs?

That doesn’t even make sense. Yes according to her back story she had to give up work because of childcare issues but she’s hardly the first single mum who was living on benefits.

I also don’t understand why her housing benefits stopped 12 times in a year. I used to be on working tax credits (small business) and yes there was the odd issue but as far as I can remember they gave you a form to fill in every twelve months and they asked me for a photo copy of my books and that was it. There was no reason for her housing benefits to stop every 4 weeks just because she was running a business. None at all.

Also. If I had been her and that was happening to me I would have gone on income support. I know someone suggested that she wanted to show her son that she was in work but he was two! The most important thing was getting food on the table.

she also stated that she tried to rescind her resignation when in hospital recovering from a suicide attempt so there’s more to this clearly. It’s up to her though if she wants to share it which she clearly doesn’t

As far as I’m concerned her back story is full of lies and maybe that’s why she’s panicking.

Reactions: 37
I saw this as a rap but not sure I could carry it off. :)

Jack Monroe
A modern day Twitter horror show.

On accounts she’s a little twisty,
Often blames the arthritic wristy.
My rent’s not paid she spluttered,
But all my outgoings are covered.
Perhaps it’s really time for Wagatha
To take an in depth look at her?
But, whatever may come,
She’ still got the Patreon income.

Jack Monroe
Please make it pianissimo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
remember when she claimed in the intro of Tin Can Cook that a dead woman named Shirley Goode slagged her off, but then a deep dive into Shirley's blog found that she actually was quite complimentary about Jack's dish but clearly had the audacity to cotton on to the inconsistency in jack's origin story.

i guess slander is only okay when it's happening to a nice old lady who is no longer alive to defend herself

What Jack says:
1653220514922.png

What Shirley actually said:
1653220500563.png

What probably triggered her narc rage:
1653220570075.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 98
Honestly, it blows my tiny mind that she can’t see how privileged she is?!

Like, it’s actually disgusting.
Some people are so poor, all they have is money. Jack could win the lottery and she’d STILL whine because the week before someone won a rollover, they’ve discriminated against me blah blah blah slut, white trash blah blah blah I can’t have nice things blah blah blah…

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Basically. There will be stuff that she’s said in the press that’s full of lies. Her guardian columns.

She’s just revisiting the same old stories and bullshit and adding bits on.
She’s always voted labour except when she voted green and was going to stand as an MP🙄

What’s tripping her up is that she can’t stand to be wrong or challenged so someone will say. You aren’t left wing and she will go I’ve always voted labour. Except she’s previously used the fact she hadn’t always voted labour for publicity. It’s all attention. She’s constantly having to think of ways to get in the press. She’s a headline grabber. I also think it was completely appalling that she got work off the back of Marcus and his campaigning.

I saw on twitter that he gave his shirt away to an opposing fan and the boy got the shirt grabbed off him and he put an appeal out on twitter and found the boy and sent him another one. He’s genuinely nice. Jack isn’t

So she lies and people don’t pick up on her lies. Until now so she’s playing victim to try and cover her lies up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.