Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really get twitter, but the search thing is often telling.

It's currently suggesting jack monroe patron 2000, but nothing comes up if you search for that 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot 2022-05-22 10.02.16.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
That was THEN this is NOW etc
It would be quite normal for people to change their opinions and stances over the course of a decade (for example, many of us here liked JM to start with. That was THEN and this is NOW :D). With Jack it's not so much a change in opinion, it's jumping on a bandwagon when it comes along and rewriting the past when it suits (about being working class, about vortng, about being a vegan, about basically anything).

I think overall there is too much of an obsession with people in the spotlight about what they did or said 10 years ago without looking if they have changed since then, of if they have made amends (I am glad some of my dumb jokes as a student have been forgotten, or perhaps are only stored in an email on a hotmail account that is not used anymore). But it is not JM's critics that keep going back to the past, Jack is the one always brings it up. Her latest piece agian was harping on about The Poverty a decade ago (for fairness, I did not read all of it as it was so dreadfully written)

In a way she has hardly changed. She hasn't become a better cook (she could have), and definitley has not improved her writing. She hasn't become organised as a campaigner (she's not set up a charity, or taken a role in an organisation for a cause she says she does so much for. Het t-shirt action was done in a whim without even checking with theTrussel Trust).

She is stuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Thank you for saying this, it has been bothering me for a while. I can't comment from an authentic perspective on this so I'm prepared to be told to stand down. Also I've seen it a few times in the disabled/ND patreon and blogging world, so it could possibly have come from there.

So much of Jack's rhetoric comes off as colonial, paternalistic, old school tie kind of Tory, but it's just the right amount of vague to make you second guess yourself.
It very much is stealing from black women. My best friends wife is black, and would eviscerate Jack for this. However I won’t be sending it to her because, well, black women are bleeping done educating white women on their privilege when they could just as easily bleeping Google it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don't know what the 'suggesting' thing is about, that's been coming up often recently 🤔
I was wondering that too. It turns out it’s from the title of her latest blogpost. I wonder if she included her own name in the title to hack the Matrix Twitter algorithm?

013F4B5D-0E31-4090-ADD0-8A87A116ACB8.jpeg

Reactions: 23
Christ, her fans are loathsome. Truly unhinged.

It’s a cult of personality and seeing them flock to her to report the latest examples of ‘wrong thinking’ in an attempt to instigate a pile on is sickmaking.

She ought to be ashamed of herself presiding over such a mob.
86B84CA8-5E8D-4881-A215-8B4471A882C4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Her followers really are a bunch of snivelling little lickspittles, falling over each other to threaten people for wrongthink on their queen's behalf. I bet they were all grasses at school.

Recent years have seen me disenchanted with politicians on a local and national level, watching as a neo-liberalist and utterly capitalist attitude swallows up everything that is public-spirited about our people and public services, and although not accepting it, almost resigning myself to it as our future. When, on election night in May 2010, it became apparent that there was going to have to be a Coalition Government, I sat tight and prayed for a Labour-Liberal Coalition. We all know that that didn’t happen. Bitterly disappointed wasn’t the word, but I had no right to be, because I did not vote. Such was my disillusionment and disenchantment, I did not bother. I thought, why bother? What difference will my one vote make? I know they won’t win, so why bother?
Screenshot_20220522-102620_Twitter.jpg

Literally incapable of lying though.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
her simps are ridiculous

"look, jack, look! someone's done a libel! notice me!"

• Haha
Reactions: 63
View attachment 1284486

'Unpaid talking head tit'?
Or the opportunity to advocate and campaign on a huge scale. Talk about pissing on the means of delivering her message - if that is actually what she believes in. But nope. Won't do it if it doesn't pay. Even though she already works for nothing.
Looool toddle off into the sunset, you wish hun. I’m waiting for HMRC to take action against you and the exposé podcast 🤷🏻‍♀️💅🏻

Oh and to continue watching ur filler migrate northwards like a flock of geese 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 51
She once claimed to be so thin her collarbones poked out.

7A84929D-62B9-45A3-8636-D8D520CB2ED7.jpeg

Admittedly she looks slimmer in old photos, but I’ve never seen any photo where she’s close to bones sticking out.

• Sick
Reactions: 43
On this beautiful Sunday morning I just want everyone of you to take a moment and think about this.

8 out of 100 on pointless and the contestant got her name wrong.

That's how well known she is 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 61
You don't tick a box on a ballot paper, you cross it. I wonder if she has ever actually voted? :unsure:
I also wondered the same. I thought perhaps her parents were out and out Tories so voting Labour would be an act of rebellion which she just wasn’t brave enough to do.

Reactions: 29
She once claimed to be so thin her collarbones poked out.

View attachment 1285031

Admittedly she looks slimmer in old photos, but I’ve never seen any photo where she’s close to bones sticking out.
if she'd actually ever had an ED she'd understand how triggering that description is, although even if she was aware it's not like she would care because she is such a colossal bleep

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
I don't really get twitter, but the search thing is often telling.

It's currently suggesting jack monroe patron 2000, but nothing comes up if you search for that 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 1284967
I’ve had that come up before as well. I wouldn’t trust anything on twitter, particularly as she is paid by them.

there was a whistleblower from twitter who said the algorithm was deliberately set to promote more left than right wing views, I don’t know if this is true or not but it is increasingly concerning that people are happy to be in an echo chamber, not hearing anything that conflicts with what they want to hear. Like when the squiggs are presented with the tax evidence and admission and don’t believe it

Reactions: 24
They all need to see the 'she isn't going to shag you, squig' sign. What is sadder: if these are all Jack's sock accounts policing the internet to silence any dissent or that these are actual sentient adults with their own lives and they are wasting it on this tit?
I did wonder if many of them are sock accounts for Jack but the number of them do suggest actual people

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Radio 4's hagiography wasn't sufficiently reverential for some.

View attachment 1284867
Can anyone come up with any examples of kindness, generosity, humour and resilience? I mean there was that time she sent random folk Lion bars which was quite nice, I suppose but mostly she's just mean spirited, grasping and spiteful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
It would be quite normal for people to change their opinions and stances over the course of a decade (for example, many of us here liked JM to start with. That was THEN and this is NOW :D). With Jack it's not so much a change in opinion, it's jumping on a bandwagon when it comes along and rewriting the past when it suits (about being working class, about vortng, about being a vegan, about basically anything).

I think overall there is too much of an obsession with people in the spotlight about what they did or said 10 years ago without looking if they have changed since then, of if they have made amends (I am glad some of my dumb jokes as a student have been forgotten, or perhaps are only stored in an email on a hotmail account that is not used anymore). But it is not JM's critics that keep going back to the past, Jack is the one always brings it up. Her latest piece agian was harping on about The Poverty a decade ago (for fairness, I did not read all of it as it was so dreadfully written)

In a way she has hardly changed. She hasn't become a better cook (she could have), and definitley has not improved her writing. She hasn't become organised as a campaigner (she's not set up a charity, or taken a role in an organisation for a cause she says she does so much for. Het t-shirt action was done in a whim without even checking with theTrussel Trust).

She is stuck.
This is so true. Why hasn’t she set up her own charitable organisation? Probably because the rules for charities are incredibly tight and onerous. But what is her actual campaign? Down with Tories? Up with slop? There’s not one clear message. At least with THAT MAN he is consistent about wanting better quality food for children and that what he campaigns on with practical solutions rather than just naming kids with ricketts

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.