Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder where Our Jackie gal will be watching the match today…being such a lifelong fan of LFC.
Oh of course she will have forgotten, being such a huge lifelong fan.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
"Enjoy is too strong a word for something that looks like red wallpaper paste."

It's a good article, underlining the stupidity of argueing whether or not you can make 30 p meals when you are not batch cooking for a soup kitchen.

The cost of living crisis won't be overcome with unrealistic money-saving tips, we need to tax the rich.
So her forensically costed 26p meal actually cost 87p?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Can anyone come up with any examples of kindness, generosity, humour and resilience? I mean there was that time she sent random folk Lion bars which was quite nice, I suppose but mostly she's just mean spirited, grasping and spiteful.
That was bizarre and probably influenced by large levels of J1G

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Pathetic. Why does she never vote? She's in no position at all to be gobbing* off the way she does. She deliberately doesn't pay taxes or vote.

I've got dual nationality, and voted for every single thing when I lived in England, no matter how seemingly trivial. Voting is compulsory here, but I would do it regardless of that. My level of political understanding is probably primary school level, but change won't happen if you sit on your arse bitching instead of doing. Yesterday's election has shown that, with the previously ruling party being anhilated in the results.

*ETA 🥕
I think she genuinely believes *her* vote will decide an election and can't take the imagined pressure - see the drivel she wrote about spoiling her Brexit ballot. It's her world we are all just living in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Can anyone come up with any examples of kindness, generosity, humour and resilience? I mean there was that time she sent random folk Lion bars which was quite nice, I suppose but mostly she's just mean spirited, grasping and spiteful.
1 man 3 fraps?

• Haha
Reactions: 70
She once claimed to be so thin her collarbones poked out.

View attachment 1285031

Admittedly she looks slimmer in old photos, but I’ve never seen any photo where she’s close to bones sticking out.
To be fair, I saw a photo where her collar bones were quite prominent. I would have guessed she was perhaps borderline underweight. But of course a lot depends on body fat distribution, especially in women.
This was at a time when she was recommending minute portions (like 50gs pasta per serving) in her recipes. I think anyone would lose weight on that small amount of food.

Reactions: 16
It's when people (including her) suggest she's in any way humorous which always gets me. I honestly can't think of a single time when she's intentionally made me smile, never mind laugh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
And that was even leaving some ingredients out. Her website's woefully out of date, I wonder if that's what brought on the Vimes Boots Index, the thought of having to go back and re-price things. As it stands, people are thinking they're getting a, say, 34p main meal recipe when in the year of our lord 2022 it actually costs 3 times that.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It's when people (including her) suggest she's in any way humorous which always gets me. I honestly can't think of a single time when she's intentionally made me smile, never mind laugh.
Yes exactly, she is a rich seam of unintentional comedy but is too sour and spiteful to be funny on purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I've been BUSY recently so this is going to be almost historical observations in terms of the thread!

Jack's hair - in my professional opinion, her hair was darker and a different length and shape in the food bank photo, compared to the awards show. She looked to have it up that night, I would love to see the back of it and if it was pinned up, braided or what cos the next day, it looks almost black and like a slightly graduated bob 🤷‍♀️

In her photo from August 2012, that's either a fresh cut or she's had it styled for the day. I'm trying to recall what I charged for both ten years ago; I think it was about £35-£40 for a cut and blow dry and £15-20 for styling. Hardly within the budget if she was LITERALLY starving.

Reactions: 25
If Jack had a baby with a black father, the baby would be mixed race. So somebody thought you, a white woman, had given birth to a black baby? Or are you calling a mixed-race baby, black? You bleeping idiot Jack. Or people of Thorpe Bay. And by “people of Thorpe bay”, I specifically mean Jack.
If Jack had a baby with a black father, the baby would be mixed race. So somebody thought you, a white woman, had given birth to a black baby? Or are you calling a mixed-race baby, black? You bleeping idiot Jack. Or people of Thorpe Bay. And by “people of Thorpe bay”, I specifically mean Jack.
It's fine to call a mixed race child black. People should be called what they want to be called. But jack despises mixed race families with that use of the word slut.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Yeah, if you leave half the ingredients out. Of course, this is because of the rise in the cost of living and not due to Jack being a lazy bugger whose front page of her website still has content from 2018 featured prominently.

Also note that the blogger says she got three portions out of the meal that was supposed to feed four, and was still hungry.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.