Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See, this is one of the things I just cannot get my head around. I was a child in the 70's. We had banana with curries! But if you've got limited tinned food and you are trying to cobble a meal together why sling the whole lot in a pan?! I just don't get it. I love a chickpea curry. I will make it out of choic It doesn't need peaches, mandarins or pears in it. A spoonful of mango chutney if you can afford it. But what is all the wanging everything in about?

Jeez. Everything has to be so extra, doesn't it? A virginal young woman with a feisty come back, black baby, lanky blonde child. Being called a slut. Whispers and stares ALL THE TIME. Calling yourself a foster carer 🙄. Thankfully, it never happened.
am sure she said that she made that curry due to getting random ingredients in a food bank parcel

But it’s still all shades of grim. I would never in my life eat a peach and chickpea curry. Never. Hell would freeze over first. Disgusting

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s weird, if you saw kids with other kids you never thought of one of them being a parent. If you saw a young girl in sole care of a tiny baby you might. Older child you would assume it was a sibling.

she’s talking tit of course.

Reactions: 46
he sounds brilliant
Thanks, he's mellowed in the last few years and we get on very well now. But yes, he is brilliant.

His cooking is interesting, I would describe it as experimental but it's not slop and it's a lot better than jack's. Apart from the crumble made with lard, that was bad! Like Jack he thought any fat would do, unlike Jack he learned quickly. He made it with butter next time.

Maybe he should write a cookbook called "I was windowed at 93 and taught myself to cook"

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thanks, he's mellowed in the last few years and we get on very well now. But yes, he is brilliant.

His cooking is interesting, I would describe it as experimental but it's not slop and it's a lot better than jack's. Apart from the crumble made with lard, that was bad! Like Jack he thought any fat would do, unlike Jack he learned quickly. He made it with butter next time.

Maybe he should write a cookbook called "I was windowed at 93 and taught myself to cook"
He should team up with Miguel and make the anti slop anti Jack cookbook 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Another frau here rapidly falling out of love with Radio 4. Saturday Live I had to turn off this morning, as it really gave me the hump...so sickly.
OT: poverty, trauma, sleep deprivation, medication, genetics, there are so many more factors to health than just weight yet they're largely ignored. In my opinion, the NHS pushes this idea that you can have good health if you do X, Y and Z, but the reality is this completely ignores the multi faceted issues surrounding health.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack once wrote a piece on starving on benefits for the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/jack-monroe-starve-benefits-england

It raises one important question...just how many people have told Jack Monroe she should have kept her legs shut? Why is it always exactly the same phrase? Did Michael Portillo, her brother, and this random nasty Southender all get together to share notes?

View attachment 1284151
It just sounds like the lazy stereotyping that abounds, like her saying about people watching Jeremy Kyle etc. If that's what you're thinking you can easily make your imagination project into your surroundings to make it fit. I think its more telling about how Jack felt, than what the residents of Southend did.

Reactions: 40
Come back horrible slop, all is forgiven

It just sounds like the lazy stereotyping that abounds, like her saying about people watching Jeremy Kyle etc. If that's what you're thinking you can easily make your imagination project into your surroundings to make it fit. I think its more telling about how Jack felt, than what the residents of Southend did.
one time my friend was mistaken for a single mum, because she was out with younger kids as a Black teenager in a posh white area. my guess is it's more stealing and elevenerifing marginalised people's stories like a grubby little magpie x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
am sure she said that she made that curry due to getting random ingredients in a food bank parcel

But it’s still all shades of grim. I would never in my life eat a peach and chickpea curry. Never. Hell would freeze over first. Disgusting
I understand the random food bank parcel contents. Although I don't think they are that random. But why sling a tin of fruit into something? Why mash pears up with spam? You'd keep it for another meal, pud, treat, surely?

Reactions: 35
Sorry if this offends anyone but I hate those stupid bleeping earrings of hers. I don’t care if they are Tiffany, she looks like Zippy off rainbow in my opinion.
Has been bothering me for a while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Surely she can't carry on the grift much longer?

She's blowing it apart all by her own hand.

She's unravelling fast. Is this all part of her plan? A rapid decline/bad mentals/relapses/bankruptcy = ££££££

Reactions: 46
This adds absolutely nothing to the conversation other than that my partner doesn’t have to hear me ranting about Jack again but I’ve just skimmed through her tweets and replies from today and I am so angry 🤬 She really is a vile, odious little toad isn’t she! How dare she claim she was “literally starving” and then post a photo of herself looking clearly fine as somehow proof. And the final straw for me was posting the names of those who genuinely did die of hunger. How dare she use their names to support her grift. I could go on and on but honestly she’s really disgusted me today. At least the tide seems to be turning and some people seem to be waking up but honestl

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64

Interesting
‘I never had this sort of trouble when I had £27,000 a year and £200 a month for food’
‘and my home doesn’t smell of Lynx and Wotsits.’

Can never resist getting a jab in can she?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
'The Muscles' alright Schwarzenegger :ROFLMAO:
So at this point, there was no wastage. Only anabolic pescetarian bodybuilding? Which is it Jack?! I'm 🦉🍾
She ain't got nothing on my guns 💪 100% Irish beef (no bollock sausages were consumed in the making of my glorious physique).

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Ah yes, the muscles. The big noticeable muscles you get shortly after being starving and wasted. It all makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Surely she can't carry on the grift much longer?

She's blowing it apart all by her own hand.

She's unravelling fast. Is this all part of her plan? A rapid decline/bad mentals/relapses/bankruptcy = ££££££
No. She’s the dictionary definition of mad. That isn’t a mental health slur btw. Shes a grifting compulsive pathological liar who keeps lying even when she knows people have her measure.

She’s also a nasty bullying manipulative individual. I despise her

Reactions: 38
It doesn’t matter though when only 1% or so of followers have your measure, and the other 99% derive their own feeling of moral superiority by backing you, does it? In fact, without the horrible 1%, they’d be no horrible people to defend her against. It would be boring!

Reactions: 19

Interesting
So some rich folks sipping champers from a crystal cruet, looking down at her wasted legs, made her feel smol?

Well, starting to see the driving force behind the character of the working class scrappy dappy non binary girl with a boy's name..

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.