Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More off-topic discussions about anything and everything that has nothing at all to do with 5' 1.7" grifters.

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’
ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So disappointed by my fellow humans giving out indiscriminate awards I forgot I'd poured a mega pint of the last of the risotto wine whilst cooking and thinking it was my usual water I put my knock off berroca in it. It's just about still drinkable but I fear any efficacious effects of the b vitamins are lost to me now as alcohol inhibits their uptake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
You’ve reminded me years ago of someone I know who put berocca in his mixer for vodka to see if it would stop a hangover.
IT DIDN’T

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Sorry, I will stop with the sheep spam shortly, but most of the ladies are now back out. They bounced, barged and span their way up the road - I don't know what Viv Squiggle and number 29 have fallen out about, but it's obviously serious because they kept headbutting each other. Back to the open hill and poorer grass, but you can see how broad in the beam they've got in just a few days. Youngsters had a half scoop of ewe rolls mixed in with their muesli this evening and after initially being a bit suspicious decided they were worth a go. I'd usually put them on ewe nuts first, which are the same feed as the rolls made in a smaller sized pellet, but I don't have any right now and if they'll go straight to these there's no point in bying 20kg of the nuts, which is the smallest available sized bag.

20220519_184143.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I will flounce if sheep content is curtailed. Or start grifting. Something that will cause annoyance!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I live for the sheep updates! I've been fascinated with 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 since I can remember so I love seeing all of the background and well as the Ewerhythmics.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Long time (sort of) no see.

1. Was getting annoyed about the things you were talking about earlier. You might have seen my screenshot post in the MT this morning. All for personal discussions but not over and over and over again. Also read the feffing wiki.

2. Pizza. A place near me does goats cheese and rhubarb with the option of Serrano ham. I am debating whether goats cheese has an apostrophe.

3. Jubilee trifle. What the? So. Much. Work. I have made the decision to face the student street party (which now needs St John’s Ambulance and formal security in attendance it has got so big and the police are so worried) head on. I will take the ingredients to said party and have my own “make jubilee trifle stand”. I jest. I am going to be listening to Insomnia on repeat trying to speed up time.

4. @Emmapism glad you are feeling better 🤓 and @Geetbo happy birthday.

Is this a merail? Am I ignored?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Long time (sort of) no see.

1. Was getting annoyed about the things you were talking about earlier. You might have seen my screenshot post in the MT this morning. All for personal discussions but not over and over and over again. Also read the feffing wiki.

2. Pizza. A place near me does goats cheese and rhubarb with the option of Serrano ham. I am debating whether goats cheese has an apostrophe.

3. Jubilee trifle. What the? So. Much. Work. I have made the decision to face the student street party (which now needs St John’s Ambulance and formal security in attendance it has got so big and the police are so worried) head on. I will take the ingredients to said party and have my own “make jubilee trifle stand”. I jest. I am going to be listening to Insomnia on repeat trying to speed up time.

4. @Emmapism glad you are feeling better 🤓 and @Geetbo happy birthday.

Is this a merail? Am I ignored?
I’m not ignoring you. Good luck with the hellish party.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I didn’t see it tunnelly-in. Are you ok? I just dreamed the queen had handed over to Charles - lets hope it’s not one of my occasional psychic ones.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Better than Andrew.

I think you liked it?

Proper Hotes chaos.
Yeah I’m a bit wrecked this morning, to be honest I was distracted by the delightful Pam Doove. I’ll look again.
Well anyone is better than Andrew, he certainly isn’t the next in line so we should be ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Well lads I hope you’re prepared as there’s going to be puppy spam from me for the next two weeks. Me and the other Mr Geetbo went to look at a puppy this morning, and decided to do a chaos and add him to our menagerie. V excited.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Well lads I hope you’re prepared as there’s going to be puppy spam from me for the next two weeks. Me and the other Mr Geetbo went to look at a puppy this morning, and decided to do a chaos and add him to our menagerie. V excited.
No need for preparation.

We are ready and waiting for puppy spam. Geetbo dog has no idea of the level of incoming ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I would like puppy spam ASAP please.

So far behind with everything as there is no time left for mithering atm. So much work, GCSE angst, woodland keeping, house sorting and vague attempts to keep in touch with my OH (did I mention I had an OH) despite now living together (nothing bad, just neither of us have any time) let alone family and friends. Life is a *lot* sometimes, especially with the bad mentals when they crop up.

In no particular order I would like to agree re content on the MT at times (despite being a terrible me-railer), declare I just like a lot of cheese on my pizza (although 'njuda is also the work of a genius), mourn the demise of the Veneziana pizza from Pizza Express, admire those Leslie Vigil cakes (I used to run a cake making business and made a lot of sugar flowers, but my buttercream piping was rubbish) and send you all a picture of a cat doing a blep.

DD636F9B-2D1D-4290-AD7A-2E00C770EFCC.jpeg

Blep.

Oh and finally, a 'Yes, absolutely x' is never not funny.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Tunnel I’m clueless too and I went back 4 pages to try and detect it 🥲

Poss triangulating but idc there’s some sort of south/east London road chaos going on and we’d nipped out to go buy something IRL and duck me it was horrific. Rain so the visibility was atrocious and tons of huge juggernaughts (can’t spell soz) and my anxiety was mad so I cried twice and we came back home and I’ll just order online. Popped into M&S on the way back and did some breathing exercises whilst staring into the pizza fridge. We’re in a big car (HAROLD??) with safety features so I always think statistically we’ll be fine but it’s just those lorries scare me so much now I wish they got their own roads (know this is a ridiculous statement dw not thick lol x)

On topic: bought one of those pizzas for dinner lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.