Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she completely unaware of the need for sustainability? Does her printer have a solar panel linked up to the glare from her laser eyes? #NoMoreJacksHacks then?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
"I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor" is so funny to me. Yeah yeah we need to pay Jack a LIVING WAGE for her screeds about gentle wall punching and slop
Yeah it’s a brilliant image. Tremulous apologetic whisper, tippy-toed slope out, then WHAM! ‘Take that, wall!’ I mean I’ve never felt the urge to wallop a wall myself but I imagine it being a slightly more spontaneously angry event than that sequence implies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Please keep an eye on the idiot smol sloppo, I predict a good old Sunday night chaos. Hopefully it'll be more exciting than anything she's tweeted so far...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I know this isn't an original observation, but I can't get over how immature her understanding of adult life, responsibilities and work is.

I remember being about 6, when my mum was cooking spag bol for tea, and I asked for a stick of spaghetti and a mug of warm water, which I put on top of the radiator, fully expecting it to cook in the same time as the pasta in the pan on the hob. Somehow, this tweet brought that memory back.

Though that is a bit unfair perhaps- I think I was probably all of 12 when I was last proud of a lever-arched, meticulously-divided, scrupulously-headed project (the Greeks and Romans, since you didn't ask).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
duck sake she is dim. The Gov also knew that the NHS was woefully unprepared in the event of a Pandemic and there were multiple reports, stark warnings etc. Epidemiologists know nuffink though <laughs in 2020>.

The Gov know a lot about a lot and give precisely zero fucks about any of it, why is this a surprise to her?!

Reactions: 37
Back over a decade ago when she actually worked for a bit, didn't everyone have this in their email signature?

signature-1.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Pretty tit if they knew Russia was going to invade and a global pandemic was going to cause a never before seen rush on oil supplies and they didn't warn us.

Apologies if any other Frau has made a similar, jack level, hot take.
the least they could of done is put a little message on 2020-2021 diaries and calendars saying listen I can’t say why but put us back you won’t be needing us.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This is all just performance business. I’m sure we all have that work who does duck all but then when the big bosses come in they put on a performance of productivity. In this case though the stupid squiggs are the bosses who will cheer her on and throw money in the tip jar.

Reactions: 25
She should know since she spent one recently in bleeping Venice 🙄

She really needs to occupy herself away from twitter dear sweet jaysus
When you're working 120hour weeks, you don't have time to look at the clock, never mind go for a piss and a sandwich!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Where is SB while she's meticulously printing and filing decade old emails? Does she not have stuff to organise for the school week ahead?

Reactions: 22
Emails from years ago that contain important information? Yeah okay mate. Sure. The most helpful thing you could do right now is delete the lot. A bigger example of busywork I have never read. Pointless indeed.

Reactions: 58
Why does she blame everything on ADHD? It's so disrespectful to actual diagnosed and not self diagnosed sufferers of it. It’s not cool to have autism or ADHD Jack, it’s not a superpower, I’ve seen young people who can’t even speak due to it and you claim it’s the reason you’re forgetful? duck right off.
I have major Executive Function issues due to ADHD.

Jack doesn’t have any Executives to Function, though. What she has is something like Trump, who is basically an overgrown toddler, banging a toy phone on the high chair table shouting “LOOK AT ME IM WERKIN IM WERKIN”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Pretty tit if they knew Russia was going to invade and a global pandemic was going to cause a never before seen rush on oil supplies and they didn't warn us.

Apologies if any other Frau has made a similar, jack level, hot take.
I am exaspersted by the Jack we've seen in the last week or so. Absolutely done!
So... even if we accept the government did know I am still not sure how shouting 'You knew! You knew!" helps anyone struggling to make ends meet right now.
We're nowhere near a General Election at the moment so as much as I loathe this current lot I'm helping who and what I can on a daily basis.
If I had a platform I'd likely be doing the same whilst amplifying the people and organisations making positive contributions too. That is what any well balanced, caring person would do right!?!?

The world does not revolve around you Jack. Other people have feelings, real medical issues (both physical and mental) and genuine issues and trauma.
Shut the f**k up for once and listen. Actually listen. Then do something that would make things better... not for you, not to feed your own ego or score your next Twitter dopamine high.
Printing off useless s**tty bits of paper, scrawling words in moleskine's and threatening everyone who offers you an alternative opinion is not the way. It just isn't.
Grow the f**k up! 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.