Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a legal Frau but I'm pretty sure she's wrong about that last bit?
It's my understanding that she'd have to disprove the claim to make her 'libel' stand up.

Which means allowing an accountant look at her books... All of them..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Laurence Fox seems like just the kind of person to own an orangery, which makes this even better.

• Haha
Reactions: 96
As a freelancer her income will fluctuate a lot anyway, won't it? So theoretically there could be both months where she earned more than the PM's monthly salary (although I doubt it'd be more than his overall income, esp considering expenses) and those where she earned less. In which case wouldn't they be equally right/wrong?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I like it when it's just blue tics being snippy to each other and I don't have to do any squigging....

View attachment 1264800
God, talk about projection! I imagine Martin's pals are slapping him on the back and whooping because there must have been a few that doubted even Jack would be stupid enough to walk straight into this. The more this goes on, the more I'm convinced they planned this on flip charts.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Even the best and longest serving Fraus couldn’t have written it if they’d tried. Jack looking for donations to fund ‘libel’ case for someone claiming she takes from the vulnerable (as she does). Jack then cannot physically stop her self from responding on twitter, and making it even worse for herself, I am FIZZING and HOOTING.
happy Friday the 13th y’all

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Am so excited to be here in a real time chaos! My court outfit will obviously be the staid fare of your standard Sunday School Teacher. I’ll clutch a Bible.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Not a legal Frau but I'm pretty sure she's wrong about that last bit?
No, she’s right about that. But there’ll be an awful lot of information in the discovery process which will make her v uncomfortable.

But of course this case isn’t going anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
It's my understanding that she'd have to disprove the claim to make her 'libel' stand up.

Which means allowing an accountant look at her books... All of them..
That's in the US. In the UK it's the other way around.

Not that it really matters as it hasn't negatively affected her

• Haha
Reactions: 40
This is honestly better than any night out I’ve ever been on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
however he did say that Jack ‘probably’ earns more than the PM did he not? He didn’t say ‘Jack Spunkro earns a million quid more than the PM’ so the use of the word probably surely makes it more open to interpretation as a thought rather than a statement. Maybe. Not a legal Frau. Send gin!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I must have missed the part where Jack got a degree in law. These threads go by so quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: 83
Yeah Jack would do well to just shut the hell up now, these people aren't going to suffer her tit! Wonder how long it takes her to claim she's getting abuse in her DMs? 🙄
Death threats no doubt.
Probably leading to PTSD.

Reactions: 32
As a freelancer her income will fluctuate a lot anyway, won't it? So theoretically there could be both months where she earned more than the PM's monthly salary (although I doubt it'd be more than his overall income, esp considering expenses) and those where she earned less. In which case wouldn't they be equally right/wrong?
Do expenses actually count as income given that they are mostly for staffing etc?

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.