Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I missed the bags of poop story …. Anyone got a screenshot ? Sorry to be annoying but I’m gutted I missed this. ETA: not a literal screenshot of said bags.. of the comment made 😂
It's come up a few times in the Southend Echo comments. See links below.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Fun fact: Jack has tweeted the word exhausted 18 times this year.

Imagine if she actually had a job...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Would something more JM adjacent help?

You don't buy thousands of pounds of expensive large furniture, SMEG fridge freezers, egg chairs, big sofas and £300 curtains if you don't own the home you intend to put them in.

Because there's no guarantee you'll be able to fit them into the next place if the landlord serves a S21.

PS: Chicken Dripping? duck off. It's called Schmaltz.
She must be very confident in her large income to throw away money like that on things she might lose.

But of course, losing her precious belongings due to a section 21 chaos would be the ultimate pov fuel, she’d be dining out on it for the next decade.

Reactions: 22
This was two separate incidents.

First, Jack found a job in a pub in spring 2012, then quit soon after. This is what led to her initial problems with benefits, as she was unable to pay her bills and rent, and went into debt. In her original blog, she was quite explicit that this incident is what caused the Poverty (later, of course, the Poverty was retconned to have begun literally the second she left the Fire Service).

She allegedly had her benefits cut suddenly in 2013 after signing a book deal, as the evil Tories in the local office decided this meant she was rich. Incidentally, at this time, she was working full-time as a trainee reporter at the Southend Echo. This cut led to her having to move into a houseshare and sleep on a mattress on the floor leaving behind bags of tit in her old flat.
Aaaah I see. Trying to keep up with the Jack story is more confusing than the last season of Westworld.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She allegedly had her benefits cut suddenly in 2013 after signing a book deal, as the evil Tories in the local office decided this meant she was rich. Incidentally, at this time, she was working full-time as a trainee reporter at the Southend Echo. This cut led to her having to move into a houseshare and sleep on a mattress on the floor leaving behind bags of tit in her old flat.
Many of the canal believe the houseshare to be Jack's tricksy way with the truth as it's more than likely she moved back to her parents' house.

Jack never lets the truth get in the way of a good grift.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Anderson not going down quietly. Oh my.
View attachment 1263911
She will absolutely lose her tit at him calling her rich but she'll totally gloss over the 'taking money' part so as not to call attention to the grift. I'll just add that I'd be hooting a lot harder if left wing blue tickers had called her out in the first bloody place instead of enabling her. What an own goal that turned out to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Many of the canal believe the houseshare to be Jack's tricksy way with the truth as it's more than likely she moved back to her parents' house.

Jack never lets the truth get in the way of a good grift.
If you read her blog entries and comments from that time, she talks about "the other lodgers", her landlady, etc.

TBH I think it's more likely that her pride prevented her from moving home, even when it would have made a lot of sense.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.