Jack Monroe #301 Jack Monroe Cheap and Cheerless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really needs to piss off with this #actuallyautistic and #actuallyadhd bollocks.

So many of us here live with these conditions.

So many of us here work with people with these conditions.

So many of us here have studied these conditions and written academic papers on them.

She is grinding every single gear in my #actuallybrokenmytvbecauseikeptturningitoffatthewall body.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
6DC338ED-E780-4424-9ECF-0565B4ADBB25.jpeg
Praise be!
The OH fam aren’t in ANY social media- otherwise they’d know how insufferable she is.

guaranteed our Jackie Gal has used the line…
“Friends with Nigella don’t ya know Pal”

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Also they did delias how to cook which including how to boil an egg
I am beginning to suspect that Jack is enraged by the existence of Nadiya Hussein's career, which gives the lie to all the confabulation about 'not trained', 'not posh' (& more) in this Twitter tirade. In many ways it is good to know that Jack is sufficiently self-aware to realise that going after Nadiya would not be a good look or a popular move for them, but it's weird how 'but Nadiya' is the rebuttal to every point Jack is trying to score here?

• Heart
Reactions: 66
She really needs to piss off with this #actuallyautistic and #actuallyadhd bollocks.

So many of us here live with these conditions.

So many of us here work with people with these conditions.

So many of us here have studied these conditions and written academic papers on them.

She is grinding every single gear in my #actuallybrokenmytvbecauseikeptturningitoffatthewall body.
Honestly I think she's partly doing it now to aggravate people here, spite if you will. Ignore the twatty cow x

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I have multiple alarms to get me up in the morning, none of them are any of my children (pain meds can sometimes make me sleep through just 1 alarm so my watch, phone and the HomePod all have alarms set - I have been known to forget to charge my watch and/or phone before bed hence the 3).

My feet hit the floor a good 30 mins before theirs do.

It’s hardly exclusive to ND people to be unable to sleep when nervous or anxious, there she goes again, appropriating normal behaviour for her hashtag bollocks.

Yes I know some ND folks who have a wardrobe of The Same Items (middle sprog does) but again it’s not something everyone does.

When I tit post, I always include “Anyone else or nah?” as it encourages people who don’t have the same quirk to post and therefore we can discuss the differences. Cos we don’t all live the same experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I keep thinking about her over sharing of her OH.

They’ve obviously made the conscious decision not to be on social media but yet she insists on shoehorning him/their times together at every opportunity. Feels disrespectful and an invasion of privacy.

It will be interesting to see what happens when if he/his friends and family start Googling her. I’m sure if OH had seen her online footprint when they first met, he would have run a freaking mile.
I don’t want to sound patronising in this and it’s not meant nastily - but if OH is an older millennial or even gen Xer I don’t think it’s out of the question that he may just not be very “online” if you get what I’m saying? Like everyone is now online in some capacity but I don’t think every bloke I know would be able to execute a full digital CRB on someone or even be aware that someone could be an online scammer/grifter as surely you’d be inside for that? Like this is part of the problem isn’t it - when you’ve got ITV and the guardian co signing and legitimising her people stay naive to the grift and the lies.

You’d be devastated if it was your brother wouldn’t you 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I always think of Nadiya. Who was able to take being famous one thing, baking, and make programmes on general cookery and food.
Is she going to say the 2 hairy bikers are posh now?

I think when she says posh, she means not a horrible voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I know I said I didn’t dislike her but she really makes it hard.

🥺

C992ACE5-B286-46EB-85A1-AC4739260EA4.jpeg

Weight management and depression is more than just “drinking espressos for a few days” and “selecting the same clothes”.

Some people when depressed can’t get out of bed, let alone bring themselves to select anything to wear.

Some people in the midst of ED will lie to themselves that they hate lattes or cappuccinos because of the milk but then binge on museli or grapes (because they will need some calories and it is the healthiest thing they can allow themselves). Drinking a few espressos will not in any way “whittle them down”

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
I’d just like to add in a gloating “nyaaahahahaha” at her publishers not considering her enough of a name to allocate any wardrobe budget for the shoot for a cover. Guess this is what happens when you’re over a year late on submitting the manuscript and your last book sold about 3000 copies.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
View attachment 1253562
Think this tweet from the previous thread needs more appreciation…

What she’s essentially saying is that *everyone else*, think Ramsey, Oliver, Lawson et al, are all charlatans with their meaningless classical training and that the only true genius among them is, of course, herself - though she’s not encouraged to share her genius because they would be “exposed”…

Siri, show me narcissism.

edit: imagine living your life believing this about yourself, having never actually put in any work towards training etc, AND convincing yourself that the only reason that you’re not as successful as those that are trained is because of the fake accent you adopted for another one of your grifts. Jesus.
It's almost as if their training has taught them what works and what doesn't, the science behind it etc. That's why the food works. And it doesn't need to be fancy training. She could do a food tech course at a local college and learn loads

• Heart
Reactions: 44
If she could prove she was sober, she’d have access to a range of ADHD meds, that, frankly, have been bleeping life changing for me and have made my life immeasurably easier. I know some don’t like to take them but honestly, if she finds her life this hard, when, let’s face it, there’s almost nothing in it - then she needs the meds.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Also if her books are really retailing at £15.99 then where’s the stylist? Must be forecasting another 3.1k units worth of sales 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 44
"Immobilising Depression"
Get to absolute duck you Larper.
This just came up in my Twitter “for you” and I suspect it’s the root of all Jack’s supposed mental health issues. The immobilisation is probably just the strain of covering for the fact that you’ve lied about every single aspect of your history, Jacques.

D9ACD12C-BBDD-4B18-9985-8B4A8A8869CA.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.