Jack Monroe #301 Jack Monroe Cheap and Cheerless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pinocchio Jack is on a roll right now, with fictional tales of SB being there and endless made-up interactions involving her OH (cos did you know she's got an OH she doesn't seem to have mentioned it at all what with being so BUSY.) Insufferable twonk.

Reactions: 37
I’ve just been catching up on the last few pages of the last thread and tit the bed, how has she managed not to bore her imaginary OH to death like she’s boring us?! Fancy talking like that about someone on social media. Oh how I cringed, Canal.

PS: pah to the deceased Vienetta hats.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
@Mel Donte re your question at the end of the last thread - I’ve never been to an AA meeting where hugging is mandatory. There are huggers in most groups I would imagine but they’re not waiting at the door, refusing entry to those who’d rather punch themselves in the face than be hugged.

It’s just another example of Jack dropping in that she’s in AA.

Yet again she’s putting people off RECOVERY for whatever personal branding opportunity she sees this as. She only appears to attend a certain type of meeting (⭐ chasing in Soho) but outside of that most meetings in the ends will be predominantly older men. Considering she’s claimed to be a CSA, DA, and everything else survivor and ex sex worker you’d think she’d consider how upsetting the idea of having to hug strangers may be for traumatised women entering the rooms?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
@Mel Donte re your question at the end of the last thread - I’ve never been to an AA meeting where hugging is mandatory. There are huggers in most groups I would imagine but they’re not waiting at the door, refusing entry to those who’d rather punch themselves in the face than be hugged.

It’s just another example of Jack dropping in that she’s in AA.

Yes! She’s pissed me off with that, I’m not a hugger and when I first entered the rooms I’d have run a mile of there’d been enforced hugging? People in the rooms are not cultists. They are normal people. If they can see you don’t wanna hug, they won’t hug you. Way to put off newcomers Jack!

Also can we just go back to

Screenshot_20220509-001136_Fenix.jpg

Wow This is the sort of scenario that a 15 year old would be called out for trying to tell it to their mates at school. Jack you’re not “too dangerous” for the Beeb. You were on the Beeb. And unfortunately you weren’t very good.

And the BRASS NECK of her saying she’s never chaser telly when she led a 48 hour pile on on JO in order to get on telly! What is she like!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100
I think Jack is such a narc she considers every minute she is awake 'work' on behalf of the povs and this is how the 100 hours are calculated.

Not sure why she needs to be comissioned to make a cookery show by the BBC etc if she is that desperate to be on TV: guess what Jack the Hairy Bikers make the show themselves and sell it to the BBC, obviously they have a long running agreement now but maybe one of your media luvvie types could help you put a show together you could flog to some channel or another (or youtube etc, like plenty of other chefs are doing).

In fact even the ones directly offered shows are professionals who earned their stripes in the restaurant industry where slop = P45, so the only food 'celeb' who wants a tv show handed to them without any effort is you, Jack. You should definitely try and make your own though because we could use an owl champagne filled summer!

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Yes! She’s pissed me off with that, I’m not a hugger and when I first entered the rooms I’d have run a mile of there’d been enforced hugging? People in the rooms are not cultists. They are normal people. If they can see you don’t wanna hug, they won’t hug you. Way to put off newcomers Jack!
like!
Exactly, she doesn’t think that folk might be saying “I think I need AA but bloody hell, I don’t want anyone touching me at all”. She loves to name drop AA but never, ever thinks her posts through (but why would when you roll out Autism/ADHD/puppy brain as excuses)

I went to a meeting last week that I hadn’t been to since pre-lockdown and when the Chair was opening, they asked people to refrain from hugging! The meeting must have restarted before the last of our restrictions were lifted in Scotland but the group have decided to keep that request in.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
OK, I'm biting, or catching her plastic lemon grenade.

Icing sugar - yep, that tip works. It's been doing the rounds for ages. However, you need to own a blender. And the only way it truly saves you money (rather than a few pennies) is if you bake regularly. Home baking is tasty, but it's one of those things where it often is much cheaper to buy ready made from a shop. You could never bake biscuits from scratch for 39p for a whole packet. Or bake a ginger cake for £1. If it's all about budgeting, the best advice would be to buy baked goods.

Flour - different flours have different gluten and protein contents. Putting them into a blender doesn't magically change that. Yes, you can make bread with plain flour, but the texture and crumb will be different. You'd also need to adjust the wet ingredients.

Vegetable oil in salad dressings - hardly a novel concept. There are tons of recipes out there. I've yet to come across any Asian salad using olivr oil, for example. Same goes for most central European salads. However, due to global events, we are currently experiencing a massive shortage of vegetable oil. Our literal food expert seems to not have noticed though. May I suggest a lard-based dressing? #maverick

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
I don't have ADHD. I also can't sleep before important events. It is a very common human behaviour. Stop making everything a medical condition!

• Heart
Reactions: 124
Apart from loads of great food programs, the BBC food website is an absolute treasure trove of great, time-tested recipes.
I just felt like sticking up for them because they don’t deserve Jack’s bad-mouthing.
Also they did delias how to cook which including how to boil an egg

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Exactly, she doesn’t think that folk might be saying “I think I need AA but bloody hell, I don’t want anyone touching me at all”. She loves to name drop AA but never, ever thinks her posts through (but why would when you roll out Autism/ADHD/puppy brain as excuses)

I went to a meeting last week that I hadn’t been to since pre-lockdown and when the Chair was opening, they asked people to refrain from hugging! The meeting must have restarted before the last of our restrictions were lifted in Scotland but the group have decided to keep that request in.
Yes!! This is the other thing, meetings are not a monolith and every group has the right to self determine to a certain extent whether it’s fruit instead of biscuits or no swearing or no touching lol. Idk if other cities have it but in the ending amble there’s always a “there are 800 meetings a week in London…” bit eg if you hated this one there’s something out there for you! But hey why help people when you’re trying to brand as a troubled yet brave manic pixie dream girl?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
OK, I'm biting, or catching her plastic lemon grenade.

Icing sugar - yep, that tip works. It's been doing the rounds for ages. However, you need to own a blender. And the only way it truly saves you money (rather than a few pennies) is if you bake regularly. Home baking is tasty, but it's one of those things where it often is much cheaper to buy ready made from a shop. You could never bake biscuits from scratch for 39p for a whole packet. Or bake a ginger cake for £1. If it's all about budgeting, the best advice would be to buy baked goods.

Flour - different flours have different gluten and protein contents. Putting them into a blender doesn't magically change that. Yes, you can make bread with plain flour, but the texture and crumb will be different. You'd also need to adjust the wet ingredients.

Vegetable oil in salad dressings - hardly a novel concept. There are tons of recipes out there. I've yet to come across any Asian salad using olivr oil, for example. Same goes for most central European salads. However, due to global events, we are currently experiencing a massive shortage of vegetable oil. Our literal food expert seems to not have noticed though. May I suggest a lard-based dressing? #maverick
Jack hasn't a clue about changes in global supplies eg sunflower oil.
She should allocate one of her hundred working hours to keeping up to date with food news, or she might have her literal expert status revoked.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
This is all for Louisa’s benefit isn’t it? Look how happy I am. Seriously. Can she just not put a sock in it? Like she’s dating. We get it.
I think you're spot on! Everything Jacksie has posted recently is aimed at her. Cooking for the multitudes - I have friends when you said I don't, mentioning OH - I'm 'fine without you, travelling to Venice - probably a place LJC always wanted to go. I'm shooting a new book - successful as you
And so on. If you read everything through the LJC lens, things Jacksie does make a lot more sense why she's announcing them.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
View attachment 1253351
Bringing this forward from the last thread because I'd hate for anyone to miss it.
I don’t really understand this tweet, frugal cooking or just sensible cooking tips have been a thing. Why now are the BBC trying to hide this from the public?

Her brand of cooking isn’t a revelation or ground breaking, it is -or could be- what all cookery is a sharing of knowledge and tips.

Take yesterday, she cooked a whopper great big Sunday lunch(Safe to some money -beyond the 20 quid was spent). If she recorded stuff as she went and put it up on YouTube, she could show people what she’s doing, tips for leftovers, substitutions etc. initially make it available to her patreon peeps-exclusive early access - before general viewing.

The thread title says it all though what she does share is cheap and cheerless and nothing will ever change🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Full body cringe on my morning grunk.

Thank god for random sane squigs. If only there were more of you.

1B33AC2A-0F4B-4A72-8DD8-FB57500049B5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Imagine if you wanted to make a cooking programme and weren’t a posh white person, perhaps you could go to Dave, other tv channels are available, you could make great tv and then go on to win a BAFTA, or even two BAFTAs. Of course this would never happen because nobody likes a common accent, tattoos or anything other than posh white people.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
She literally had a BBC TV show and cooked inedible food on it. Why is she still making out that she hasn't been given a fair shot at TV?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.