Jack Monroe #298 Perhaps she would get a mortgage if she paid her taxes and didn’t spank money on rusty spoons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You don't just own one nice sideboard though do you, Jack? You have pretty much furnished your entire crappy bungalow with the Cotswold Furniture catalogue (see multiple sideboards, dressers, and coffee tables as just one example). Plus Dyson fans, hairdryers, Smeg fridges, William Morris curtains. Need I go on?

Anyway, that's a good few grand right there that could have gone towards a mortgage deposit, or, you know, your overdue tax bills.

But what do I know, I'm just part of a grubby cesspit on the internet 🤷‍♀️
I recently found out that a smeg fridge costs over a grand. Like, why?????? When you can get a perfectly good one for a few hundred. Same with the Dyson stuff. I really do think the poverty larping is unforgivable when you take stuff like this into account. When I was Jack's age top of the range stuff was unthinkable and tbh I never felt the lack of it because, unlike Jack, I never felt entitled to it. Same now. If you can get a perfectly serviceable version of the same thing that's still good quality and will last you, what's all the fuss about?

@StillLucilleBluth , I don't spend much time wading around on the guardian because all the eye rolling makes me dizzy, but as far as I can tell, George Monbiot is an extremely posh landed multi-generational aristocrat who thinks that climate change must be addressed by all the poors stopping cheap flights, cheap goods and the other things that make modern life bearable, and instead return to the land to farm for their feudal liege and make their own entertainment with wooden wind instruments. Or something. Come to think of it, he is quite Jack-like, but at the opposite end of the market.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Cinco de Mayo calls for hats x
Ah, I’ve just read up on it thank you. Never heard of it before. And who says tattle is a hive of ninnies and mendacious fraus! It’s a new lesson every day! I learned Per Rialto yesterday and some Mexican history today! While Jack clearly learns nothing, ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I recently found out that a smeg fridge costs over a grand. Like, why?????? When you can get a perfectly good one for a few hundred. Same with the Dyson stuff. I really do think the poverty larping is unforgivable when you take stuff like this into account. When I was Jack's age top of the range stuff was unthinkable and tbh I never felt the lack of it because, unlike Jack, I never felt entitled to it. Same now. If you can get a perfectly serviceable version of the same thing that's still good quality and will last you, what's all the fuss about?
Smeg fridges are complete style over substance.

Tiny, expensive and impractical. A bit like Jack.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Just been out and voted, lads. I counted (including myself) an impressive three voters at the polling place. Maybe the Jack fans are all turning out later.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Lol literally right on cue after I’d written here that her parents should be ashamed. They both watch her lies play out and say nothing. They’ve enabled this. It’s actually sinful that they don’t say anything and allow people to give up their bleeping winter fuel allowance and spend money they don’t have on her shite books while her dad retired at 55 on two massive boomer pensions, going round his inherited property portfolio on his shiny late-life crisis motorbike. Awful, awful people.

Also I hope it’s true and OH is SB’s dad because it was bad enough him being introduced to a revolving door of women but having a strange man to stay overnight in the same house as your kid after a v short time is 🚩🚩🚩
On a mini-grunk so god knows where this will land but... I think her parents saying nothing is the biggest indicator Jack has been lying like this her whole life, even pre-poverty.

The only reason her parents who seem to be very focused on looking good in the media (based on articles about her dad in particular and his own public posts) wouldn't care that she's made them look callous AF in several of the poverty tales would be if everyone in RL knows everything that comes out of Jack's mouth is bullshit and they know nobody believes her.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Cant believe I missed a slop squad as I was chairing a stupid work meeting.
Am currently on my “15 minute break” frantically searching for the Lorraine video, does anyone have a link?

Reactions: 18

@StillLucilleBluth , I don't spend much time wading around on the guardian because all the eye rolling makes me dizzy, but as far as I can tell, George Monbiot is an extremely posh landed multi-generational aristocrat who thinks that climate change must be addressed by all the poors stopping cheap flights, cheap goods and the other things that make modern life bearable, and instead return to the land to farm for their feudal liege and make their own entertainment with wooden wind instruments. Or something. Come to think of it, he is quite Jack-like, but at the opposite end of the market.
The fridge Jack got was not even your bog standard overpriced Smeg fridge, it was so big it didn’t fit in her kitchen! It’s the giant American one, that I think was triangulated at the time as being nearly £3,000

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
at a local level, party tends to matter less than the candidates themselves. Here for example we have 3 levels of election (municipal, regional, national) and it's quite common for a town/city that consistently returns Party X in the national level to vote for a mayor from Party Y. More people will have personal contact with local politicians, and "is he fixing the potholes?" is a far more relevant question than "what's his take on classical liberalism?"
Exactly. There's a bit of a meme on the politics forum I post on that local elections are all about the bins. But it's a meme because its grounded in reality.

There aren't any local elections near me today, but I will be following the results as far as possible tomorrow because I'm a self confessed politics geek.

And to keep this vaguely on topic, I probably know more about politics than Jack does.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
"If you're vegetarian or vegan, you can just leave that (flavour) out"

Does she not know that veg/vegan food isn't *just* a recipe with the meat removed? You need to build in flavour in alternative ways. It's skilled cooking.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Blue tick pushback, his bio says he's a staff writer at the Canary amongst other things.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 10.50.42.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
She spoiled her own vote. bleeping hypocrite because she has not displayed any signs that she has actually learned from this.

Reactions: 37
That bowl of murky pink kidney bean run off water sat to the side 🤢 why does that need to be there? Any tv producer who knows their onions surely would think, yeah that doesn’t need to be in shot - no?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
That pan of slop genuinely looks like the contents of an alcoholic's bog. I did chuckle when she talked about rinsing the beans though, such a one trick pony.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.