Jack Monroe #298 Perhaps she would get a mortgage if she paid her taxes and didn’t spank money on rusty spoons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Factory visits? Did she go to Cadbury land with a Mrs J? Or perhaps when she was Sainsburys poster girl they gave her a short tour?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
i don't really care who she's shagging, love is love, hearts not parts, and all of that

i do find it hilarious that she's seemingly called or texted her pal to tell them off for calling harold he though!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
THEY ARE NOT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!

sorry, just felt like shouting that Jack has an other half who is not on social media, her other half, that is
Well they are now! You date Jack, you’re on SM. And MSM if you’re really a bit gauche unlucky

Reactions: 31
In the olden days watches were very fashionable amongst butches. The more, the bigger was a kind of thing. They were relatively expensive as well and a butch with a big hulk of metal on her wrist could buy drinks all night and pay for a taxi home.
The gold pinkie ring with black onyx was another signifier. The bigger was really something.
I think Jack would have really enjoyed being on the scene in the 1960s and 70s. Baby butch then activist with no idea or credentials whatsoever. Women’s groups were chock full of those types. Used their money, family with influence in the press and the establishment in various ways who could raise their profile to become massively influential publishers and vox populi.
She’s not really doing anything new but the grift is easier.
Yikes!
I still wear a pinkie ring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Jack did change their bio to queer recently didn’t they or have i imagined that?

I don’t think it really matters if OH is male female or NB because that quote from Jack about there always being exceptions to her veganism and lesbianism plus the existence of SB shows Jack isn’t totally repulsed by D . The issue she will have spinning her new label if she chooses to identify as pan is that she has deliberately chosen to avoid disclosing that she is dating a male . Ok she could claim it’s for privacy but she’s never afforded that to anybody her female partners . Kinda hard to say you are attracted to all genders if you then seem embarrassed to date men 🤷‍♀️ Plus all her “ mummy loves girls “ bollocks - how confused must SB be- mum didn’t want to be with his dad because she loves women and now after several “ step mums” , there’s some new bloke staying over and treating his mum to expensive gifts ands treats while he gets bollock sausages
Grade 1 shapeshifter, she will say whatever she thinks will gain her some sort of advantage, she’s shameless

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I think the reflection might be her son’s dad with a shaved head. They have the same ears but then the shiny head suggests proper baldness not a shaved head so I don’t know.

Feel a bit weird and ashamed now for looking at random mens ears on the internet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I don’t know anything about George Eustice and the usual disclaimer that given he’s a Tory MP I should imagine he’s a twit with some horrendous beliefs but…

The absolute gall of JACK MONROE calling anyone useless. Jack: who recommended a book of Southern baptist recipes when asked for Eastern European food writers. Jack: whose forensically triple-tested recipes do not work and taste of nothing. Jack: who promised to improve on the work of an entire department of government statisticians in a single weekend and has, almost four months later, produced nothing. Jack: who makes even shop-bought desserts look grubby and unappetising. Jack: who neglects animals. Jack: who regularly doesn’t wake up in time for early morning radio bookings. Jack: who cannot lie straight in bed let alone keep track of her back story.

Her ego is astonishing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
I think the reflection might be her son’s dad with a shaved head. They have the same ears but then the shiny head suggests proper baldness not a shaved head so I don’t know now.

Feel a bit weird and ashamed now for looking at random mens ears on the internet.
I was thinking the same thing.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm glad she's chiming in on value brands-gate. She's got a lot of gymnastics to do in order to not score an own goal with her previous words.

View attachment 1242154

According to jack no one buys these items for any other reason than they have to because they can't afford the others.

I bought value kidney beans from Tesco today, exactly the same size, ingredients and nutrition but 30p rather than 60p. Only difference I noticed was no ring pull, another reason to buy the value and reduce wastage.
How is she still claiming that they're *largely none existent*? I thought we'd established that they have, in fact, been re-branded? She won't be happy until you can buy an entire meal in one tin, Willy Wonka style, for 20p.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
In that photo with the background reflected ?It looks just like a hotel room in Venice that my friend showed me. With the painting and the couch thing ? I am trying to figure it out but I am certain I have seen that room before. Or one that looks very much like it. My friend went for an anniversary and it wasn’t cheap but it was a treat.
I have looked on my Facebook but I can’t find it. It was 10 years ago though.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
The issue she will have spinning her new label if she chooses to identify as pan is that she has deliberately chosen to avoid disclosing that she is dating a male . Ok she could claim it’s for privacy but she’s never afforded that to anybody her female partners . Kinda hard to say you are attracted to all genders if you then seem embarrassed to date men 🤷‍♀️ Plus all her “ mummy loves girls “ bollocks - how confused must SB be- mum didn’t want to be with his dad because she loves women and now after several “ step mums” , there’s some new bloke staying over and treating his mum to expensive gifts ands treats while he gets bollock sausages
You’re right. I think it must be hard to “come out” as dating a man after moving in lesbian media circles for the last ten years, and dating semi-famous women, and talking about how being a lesbian has cost you work. Of course people don’t especially care about who Jack dates, but I can see why she might feel a bit sheepish and like she might be criticised for “going straight”. Not unlike making a massive song and dance about being vegan and, years later, having people say “BACON? I thought you were vegan!”

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You’re right. I think it must be hard to “come out” as dating a man after moving in lesbian media circles for the last ten years, and dating semi-famous women, and talking about how being a lesbian has cost you work. Of course people don’t especially care about who Jack dates, but I can see why she might feel a bit sheepish and like she might be criticised for “going straight”. Not unlike making a massive song and dance about being vegan and, years later, having people say “BACON? I thought you were vegan!”
And she can't blame wanting to get some d on athritis either.

• Haha
  • Heart
I saw this
Screenshot_20220505-001517_Chrome.jpg

and my face did this
😖
I googled "lettuce pea risotto"; relieved to find a Jamie Oliver recipe. I also found this, and enjoyed the comments greatly

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Instead of venting as per, jack could do something useful like tell her readers that Asda are doing a price lock with spaghetti at 23p and pasta at 32p, while Sainsbury’s are price matching with Lidl with potatoes at 99p for 2.5kg. There are some good value shops to be had which can lead to some well balanced meals that can be rotated easily. It doesn’t need to be a bad thing to shop frugally at this worrying time, there is a financial crisis occurring across the globe, which is little to do with just the Conservatives. Anyway, she’s such a frigging hypocrite it’s unreal
But then who would she do her performative shops for?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I worked beside a lesbian years ago who quite out the blue at the grand old age of 45 announced she was engaged to a man and it did cause her a few issues with some people who weren't happy about it so I'm not unsympathetic to Jack over this- though as Jack doesn't have any friends to lose she'll probably be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I saw this
View attachment 1242296
and my face did this
😖
I googled "lettuce pea risotto"; relieved to find a Jamie Oliver recipe. I also found this, and enjoyed the comments greatly
Hahaha, she can’t resist getting all up in the comments. THREE trips to Italy and still she thinks it’s okay to make risotto with long grain. twit.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.