Jack Monroe #298 Perhaps she would get a mortgage if she paid her taxes and didn’t spank money on rusty spoons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest, I felt a bit bad for a few seconds posting it. BUT, it’s in her Twitter feed, and has been for over four months, and she knows it. She put it out there, she never shuts up about him. Or else it’s a big con, and we fell for it. Mods can delete if I fucked up, and I’m happy to apologise.
Oh yeah look she's not dumb, I've no doubt it's deliberate and I wasn't trying to 'school' anyone here. She wouldn't've posted if she didn't want us to see it, I guess what I'm trying to get at is he may not know it's out there in her twitter feed. But I'm sure Jack would never use anyone for likes and clout. Oh no.

View attachment 1242060

How many watches does she own?!
Watches to Jack are like men's jeans and McPlants. If she likes one, she goes out immediately and buys six more. They're her insurance against a recurrence of the Pov. Or she's going to build her forever home out of them. Or, she'll melt them down, and make a delicious Tell Me The Time Parmigiana..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
If she wears all her watches at once she can work even more hours, moan more, and get more casho-s. I think that’s how it works.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Hundreds on Twitter asking Jack to say something about George Eustice’s comments that people struggling with money should look to supermarket value ranges.
Although this is exactly what Jack herself says week in, week out, I bet we see another gnashing and wailing thread that will basically be another snobby, hot take along the lines of ‘normal’ people don’t choose to eat value range food. Even though she also claims it’s all the same food, re-packaged. It will go viral and everyone will proclaim that she’s the Second Coming or should at least be in the cabinet and it’s thanks to her and her ‘campaigning’ that Labour wins loads of seats in the local elections 🥴

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Hundreds on Twitter asking Jack to say something about George Eustice’s comments that people struggling with money should look to supermarket value ranges.
Although this is exactly what Jack herself says week in, week out, I bet we see another gnashing and wailing thread that will basically be another snobby, hot take along the lines of ‘normal’ people don’t choose to eat value range food. Even though she also claims it’s all the same food, re-packaged. It will go viral and everyone will proclaim that she’s the Second Coming or should at least be in the cabinet and it’s thanks to her and her ‘campaigning’ that Labour wins loads of seats in the local elections 🥴
Martin agrees with George. Awks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Anyway, here are my speculations, for what they are worth:

1. OH is a bloke
2. She met OH in AA
3. OH is a bit older, but not much
4. They will get engaged in the next 6 months
Can we add...
3.5 She will be up the duff and have the worst morning sickness EVER. Baby shall be named BabyBabba

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
It’s all gentle good fun. If OH is in the photos, well he looks alright to me. We all look like someone else. I look like Irene Handl nowadays.
I hope he takes legal advice though before any kind of commitment. I wish I had it’s only sensible. Just to add, Jack as well

• Heart
Reactions: 34
He looks like my friend's Asian dad, if he is an Asian dad I hope he softly, firmly teaches her to cook a decent curry and stop saying things are curry when they aren't

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She was referring to herself as a lesbian last summer when someone asked her how she could eat kiwi fruit with the skin on and she said I’m a lesbian and everyone was laughing and saying she broke the internet 🙄
Well that’s put me right off kiwi fruit thank(space)you

Just kidding I’m allergic and my tongue and throat closing over was what really put me off

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
So it’s only going to be okay for Jack to recommend the value ranges? I’m assuming that’s what her rant is going to be about. 🙄

Reactions: 19

Yel

I'm glad she's chiming in on value brands-gate. She's got a lot of gymnastics to do in order to not score an own goal with her previous words.

Screenshot_20220504-150715_Twitter.jpg

According to jack no one buys these items for any other reason than they have to because they can't afford the others.

I bought value kidney beans from Tesco today, exactly the same size, ingredients and nutrition but 30p rather than 60p. Only difference I noticed was no ring pull, another reason to buy the value and reduce wastage.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
They’re not non-existent though are they? I thought Jack saved the world and made identical-to-brand-name budget lines available to all the universe everywhere?

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I'm glad she's chiming in on value brands-gate. She's got a lot of gymnastics to do in order to not score an own goal with her previous words.

View attachment 1242154

According to jack no one buys these items for any other reason than they have to because they can't afford the others.

I bought value kidney beans from Tesco today, exactly the same size, ingredients and nutrition but 30p rather than 60p. Only difference I noticed was no ring pull, another reason to buy the value and reduce wastage.
Oh dear. I hope he has his shin pads on.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.