Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg hahahahha you’re right @People-huv-tae-know !! You can clearly see the steps and the camera is either on a tripod or propped against that wall/monument in the reflection!
OH doesn’t exist, pass it on!!! She went on holiday on her own to make her ex jealous 🤣🤣
still, who made that rank toastie thing? Jack??
View attachment 1241563
How could you not take your kid though? Mine's a royal pain in the arse I could swap for a bar of chocolate some days, but I just cannot fathom going away without her. It just seems quite cruel.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Omg hahahahha you’re right @People-huv-tae-know !! You can clearly see the steps and the camera is either on a tripod or propped against that wall/monument in the reflection!
OH doesn’t exist, pass it on!!! She went on holiday on her own to make her ex jealous 🤣🤣
View attachment 1241563
I can just imagine LJC and her new partner lying in bed rofling their tits off at what a tragic twit Jack is.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Jack can not see herself other than as part of a couple. Being single is the worst possible thing for Jack. Anyone will do, so long as Jack isn't alone.
I read recently that narcs always have to be in a relationship or at the very least a close friendship. They can never stand to be alone. This is apparently because the narc can only conceive of themselves as they are reflected through the other person who reflects back at them their narcissistic supply. Narcs have no intrinsic self-esteem, they can only get a facsimile of self-esteem by performing for others and then being given adoration by the other person. This is why narcs tend only to have short relationships, because the high from the adoration wears off fast and they start noticing all the 'faults' in the other person and they can't tolerate that.

I'm not explaining it very well. Basically, narcs only have self-esteem and recognise themselves as existing when they are actively performing for, and getting adoration from, others.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1241563
for some reason the smug smile gives me absolutely enormous ending of the Usual Suspects vibes Jack metaphorically straightens up and strolls wealthily to the empty(?!) Ferrari packed with ASDA shopping bags, dropping cashos out of pockets

• Haha
Reactions: 29
This 100 hour week bollocks is just SO ridiculous. 16 consecutive weeks, which also include her yomping around a holiday cottage, Kickyball games in Liverpool, being whisked off for lunch repeatedly, tweeting ALL day, spending all day at Asda, doing the school run, listening to podcasts with OH, watching TV at his, and being in bed every night by 10pm with all the power off. How many hours are there in a Jackday?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Apparently today is International Firefighters Day. Wonder if we'll get Fireman Jack back?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
(to the tune of Robert De Niro’s Waiting)

A walk in Venice can become a bad dream
People are starin' and followin' me
This is my only escape from it all
Alone again as I lie on the wall

il denaro’s waiting
Talking Italian

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She’s probably bringing up the gelato because it’s the only vaguely authentic thing she ate. I’m guessing ththe small, quaint Italian restaurant she visited.

5132DED7-8642-460C-8360-8239DD8B34AD.jpeg

Or did she just pack a bag full of celery and leeks again?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
How could you not take your kid though? Mine's a royal pain in the arse I could swap for a bar of chocolate some days, but I just cannot fathom going away without her. It just seems quite cruel.
Maybe she can't.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Imagine making up so many lies and being so insecure about the money you earn and your love life, you have to pretend someone took you on holiday just so you can brag about it. The ridiculously of it all makes my head hurt

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I suspect there is an OH. It'll be as long-lasting as all her other relationships. She can't even manage continuity with her own son.

However, canal, don't be put off Venice and its canals. It is a fabulous place, especially if you are respectful of the people who live there.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
This 100 hour week bollocks is just SO ridiculous. 16 consecutive weeks, which also include her yomping around a holiday cottage, Kickyball games in Liverpool, being whisked off for lunch repeatedly, tweeting ALL day, spending all day at Asda, doing the school run, listening to podcasts with OH, watching TV at his, and being in bed every night by 10pm with all the power off. How many hours are there in a Jackday?
My conclusion is that Jack regards being awake and being Jack as her work. And she's not wrong. It's quite the performance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Can't get over the cognitive dissonance of Jack creating that starvation menu 'meal planner' (and promising to make it downloadable for The Poors) to then gorging on gelato while on a mini break in Venice. Presume anyone who has the temerity to vocalise that will be accused of saying poor people don't deserve nice things but COME ON.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
I’m going to be devils advocate here. I don’t think it’s that unusual for for people with children to have short breaks without the children, especially when the children are a bit older like SB. What those people also do is have a family holiday with the children though, something Jack never seems to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Is she eating the gelato to cure her arthritis?

I hope there isn’t a OH. It’s gross if there is one and they are staying over when SB is there. When you work in schools you see the ever changing partners of some students parents and it fucks them up.
If she’s suggesting that OH has only been around a few months and is already inserted into family life it’s a tit thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Jack couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery let alone a holiday involving flights, accommodation, insurance, Covid tests etc etc. Her only skillset is grifting.

All of her (I haven't had a) holiday (in 10 years) jaunts are with an OH/Mrs Jack, who have most likely bank rolled and organised the whole thing.

Eta: Apart from Celery, Edinburgh which was organised using spite as a fuel.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.