Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the r4 stuff has mostly been covered, but is that an overripe banana sitting on a high up shelf above the urad dal?
To me, it looks like a folded piece of fabric, but knowing Jack it could have been a banana dehydrating on the radiator as one of her experiments that wouldn't pass an ethical committee.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She's back with her twitter partnership (because it was sooooo popular), recommending vegetable peeling stuffing and meringues using aquafaba, the recipe of which she's linked to via a monetised site

View attachment 1220188

View attachment 1220189

(incidentally, the photographer in that second screenshot liked TD's Georgia cookbook takedown 🥰 🥰 )
"No wasted food, no wasted time and no wasted paper"

Jack what are you on about, you've wasted hundreds of hours colouring in that meal planner

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She's back with her twitter partnership (because it was sooooo popular), recommending vegetable peeling stuffing and meringues using aquafaba, the recipe of which she's linked to via a monetised site

View attachment 1220188

View attachment 1220189

(incidentally, the photographer in that second screenshot liked TD's Georgia cookbook takedown 🥰 🥰 )
No wonder twitter is such a hell site - as even when twitter are giving you cash for ads they let it slip that the advertising rules are being broken.

"I'm back with @Brand name"

Is clearly the unclear language that the regulators said was unacceptable. Even more cloudy if the brand you're being paid by is the platform you're posting it on!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It’s the water chickpeas have been stood in that is often used as an egg substitute for things like meringues. It does work but makes everything taste of chickpeas to me.

• Sick
Reactions: 33
The thing about the car, it’s most likely a Jack lie, but if she did have a car but couldn’t drive I’d bet that her parents bought it for her.

Reactions: 32
I’ve worked in a number of foodbanks and community kitchens and nobody has even heard of Jack, let alone are they using her recipes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Side topic- for years I’ve thought the Trussell Trust was named for the author of the Ragged Trousered Philanthropists, except it’s Robert TrEssel. So all in all, I’m a head, and why did they call it that?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
That's calling out the tories, not calling out the system, but I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference you effing halfwit.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 13.30.57.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.