Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hinting at SB having sensory issues now? First we’ve heard of it? Ghoul.
She has tweeted last year I think that he is on the spectrum. I'm not sure if it's true because dad hasn't said anything about it but he has posted about sibling health issues. It's not my business obviously but I am concerned Hack is co opting or projecting onto her son. Not sure which it is.
But a liquid/mush diet is generally fed to people with swallow/gag issues, stroke survivors, post oral surgery etc. Usually Asd children will avoid certain foods, have safe ones and for the most part they prefer texture. Crisps, chicken nuggets, chips, raw fruit and veg etc are very popular safe foods and they have some crunch or bite to them. Also foods need to be separate and seen as separate (hooray partition plates), generally a big mush mixture is regarded with disdain because they can't see what it consists of and it trigger a sensory response like retching . I have two ASD children and one of them has gag problems too but despite that, they prefer crunchy foods although it took years to get to that stage and they were on feeding tubes, puree mush etc. We built it up slowly and under dietician and nutritionist care. Jack is just pulling medical phrases from twitter, here and her own arse. She is a ducking twit.

Years ago she claimed SB was autistic. Then relatively recently, she said he was not.
I must have missed that. Who knows what the truth is with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
(From the end of the last thread)
Screenshot_20220425-123203_Opera.jpg

I honestly don't think anything dodgy is going on. I think her followers are still rising because people are having to quote tweet her to reply. It's making her reach bigger because the quote tweets are appearing on more timelines. It's why she's keeping comments restricted. duck all to do with abuse and everything to do with numbers.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Your regular reminder that Jack Monroe tells lies all the time. To quote a squig, at this point it's pathological

View attachment 1220091

View attachment 1220089
My mother in law liked to eat all her meals with a spoon as well. She also liked slop.

• Sick
Reactions: 21
On the subject of her meal plans, they’re so insufficient 😑 I know she pretends she does but I actually DO 25,000 steps a day due to work. That food wouldn’t nutritionally sustain me at all, I’d be starving. Not that I could eat it anyway because it sounds disgusting and is largely made of things I don’t like 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Hinting at SB having sensory issues now? First we’ve heard of it? Ghoul.
I’m sure she’s breadcrumbed him being ND a while back- might have been around the time the dr said she couldn’t do round abouts because of her autism ( that she didn’t know about because her parents lied to her ) .

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Your regular reminder that Jack Monroe tells lies all the time. To quote a squig, at this point it's pathological

View attachment 1220091

View attachment 1220089
SB’s sensory issues mean he’s predisposed to eating sloppy textures? 🤔

That’s interesting, because the vast majority of sensory/autistic kids are predisposed to bland, crunchy and dry foods… all kept separate on the plate. There’s a reason why chicken nuggets are a bit of a good-natured joke in autistic circles - they are the safest of safe foods.

I’m just trying to imagine what would be a “challenging texture” to SB when a spoonful of multiple textures hidden in sauce (meat, beans, diced veg etc) is the literal definition of challenging texture to most people.

My two kids have never eaten a “saucy” meal in their lives. Not a spag bol, shepherd’s pie or chicken casserole. Ever. My ten year old only recently deigned to try SOUP - and even then it was one flavour from one tinned brand… nothing else.

That is the reality of sensory issues. I hate not being able to feed my kids lovely home cooked meals but it is what it is 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I’m not up on the roundabout story, sounds fascinating! Could any kind Frau or Herr share?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
SB’s sensory issues mean he’s predisposed to eating sloppy textures? 🤔

That’s interesting, because the vast majority of sensory/autistic kids are predisposed to bland, crunchy and dry foods… all kept separate on the plate. There’s a reason why chicken nuggets are a bit of a good-natured joke in autistic circles - they are the safest of safe foods.

I’m just trying to imagine what would be a “challenging texture” to SB when a spoonful of multiple textures hidden in sauce (meat, beans, diced veg etc) is the literal definition of challenging texture to most people.

My two kids have never eaten a “saucy” meal in their lives. Not a spag bol, shepherd’s pie or chicken casserole. Ever. My ten year old only recently deigned to try SOUP - and even then it was one flavour from one tinned brand… nothing else.

That is the reality of sensory issues. I hate not being able to feed my kids lovely home cooked meals but it is what it is 🤷‍♀️
Yes our home is home of the beige dinner. It would be lovely to cook shepherd's pie, curry, bolgnese for all of us but I accept it's not worth it. Luckily they like baked goods so cakes and biscuits are a winner but not for every day obviously

Reactions: 31
Just noticed that Jack follows the person being racist against "the Hindutva" at the end of the previous thread. Nice.
I am not at all surprised about this, given her disdainful rejigging of world cuisine and appalling attitude to anything but cheugy upper middle class white British culture.

The pork based meal plans, the astonishing fray bentos adjacent ww2 era ingredients she favours over the amazing array of reasonable priced ingredients and dishes that lay outside of the suet and stale crusts diet, the white as mayo, the weird performative Williams/tutelage saga, the aav tweets to Marcus Rashford…

Reactions: 33
Kitchen Savant is not only inaccurate but also as someone who is says she is Autistic, I'm surprised that Jack is not mightily and justly offended by that comment. It perpetuates the image of a few autistic individuals being oh so specially gifted as per Rainman. Decades out of date viewpoint. Sending Mom even further down in my estimation. Never mind the fact that Jack is not a naturally instinctive or gifted cook
She’s not a a cook full stop, we’ve seen her toast 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Looking forward to her grunking and then back tracking over what foods SB can eat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Usually Asd children will avoid certain foods, have safe ones and for the most part they prefer texture. Crisps, chicken nuggets, chips, raw fruit and veg etc are very popular safe foods and they have some crunch or bite to them.
I’m sure I’ve said it before on here, but consistently is a huge factor in if a food is safe or not . A plate of Asda chicken nuggets , oven chips and sweetcorn ( or whichever food/brand is tolerable) is always going to taste and feel the same . A bowl of Jack’s latest slop is going to be different every time because all ingredients are interchangeable

it’s also worth noting ( it’s probably been said already tbf) that not everyone with ASD has the same issues with food , and not everyone who struggles with textures/food touching has an ASD . I’m not diagnosed but routinely use a divider plate because I struggle with foods touching, while my diagnosed autistic teenager will chuck all his food in one bowl , cover it in ketchup and hot sauce and happily eat it all while I look on in horror

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Lilac squig is the racist c*nt (sorry Rev, if you're reading) who demanded Hindu squig apologise to both her and Jack.

Screenshot_20220425-125621_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220425-125629_Twitter.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100
She claimed (in the radio 4 interview) that SB had 'a palate consisting of chicken nuggets'. Does she cook so badly that even chicken nuggets become slop?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Also with the crisis in farming, many pig farmers are giving up, so her eating pork everyday will not be an option

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I’m sure I’ve said it before on here, but consistently is a huge factor in if a food is safe or not . A plate of Asda chicken nuggets , oven chips and sweetcorn ( or whichever food/brand is tolerable) is always going to taste and feel the same . A bowl of Jack’s latest slop is going to be different every time because all ingredients are interchangeable

it’s also worth noting ( it’s probably been said already tbf) that not everyone with ASD has the same issues with food , and not everyone who struggles with textures/food touching has an ASD . I’m not diagnosed but routinely use a divider plate because I struggle with foods touching, while my diagnosed autistic teenager will chuck all his food in one bowl , cover it in ketchup and hot sauce and happily eat it all while I look on in horror
Add to that that chicken nuggets actually taste nice and slop tastes, well sloppy.
It’s a dark day when nuggies rank above a ‘chefs offering’ 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.