Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @ThriftStoreLeCreuset; congratulations!

Wiki is the pink button for newbies. Please refrain from thread titling until the latter stages of the thread. Use the words 'thread title' in your nominations and don't use any bad words.

Someone's going to have to summarise the last thread because it was chaos all round.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Summary - Jack is still a twit.

Still dont know gender/existence of OH.

SB apparently loves slop and thats why she makes it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Jack was interviewed on the Radio 4 Food show. Many couldn't listen to her whiny drivel.
Mom was gushing in her praise for the slop gibbon
Jack reached the dizzying heights of 500k followers the day before a pre-recorded interview reported she had.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Just jumping in to say THANK [space] YOU to the posters in the last thread who explained why the Vimes Boot Index is called the Vimes Boot Index. I never picked up a Pratchett book in my youth because the cover art was so off putting. True fact!

Anyway… I don’t understand how this analogy applies to food poverty. In the Pratchett example, it’s basically what my Dad would call “buy cheap buy twice”. A man who can only afford shoddy boots ends up spending more on boots over ten years than a man who can afford quality boots.

How does that example apply to food? Because it doesn’t track that people who can only afford cheap food end up spending more on food over time than people with bigger budgets.

Clearly I’m missing a key point so feel free to clue me in.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Summary - Jack is still a twit.

Still dont know gender/existence of OH.

SB apparently loves slop and thats why she makes it.
Yes and there was the baffling meal plan that left the literal expert in meal planning exhausted.
She also admitted following her meticulous meal planning has left her with long term physical and dental health problems.
There was a programme on Radio 4 about a very good 'rock star' cook who helps people. Not sure when the one about Jack will be on. Boom boom!

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Just jumping in to say THANK [space] YOU to the posters in the last thread who explained why the Vimes Boot Index is called the Vimes Boot Index. I never picked up a Pratchett book in my youth because the cover art was so off putting. True fact!

Anyway… I don’t understand how this analogy applies to food poverty. In the Pratchett example, it’s basically what my Dad would call “buy cheap buy twice”. A man who can only afford shoddy boots ends up spending more on boots over ten years than a man who can afford quality boots.

How does that example apply to food? Because it doesn’t track that people who can only afford cheap food end up spending more on food over time than people with bigger budgets.

Basically, she saw a fandom she could leech off, her usual MO.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

No that's it in a nutshell. Jack doesn't fully grasp the concept but skim read it and thought... that'll do

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Finance recap for Tax and Charity Watchers.

As far as we know Jack still hasn't paid tax on her income since 2019 meaning she withheld money from the NHS during a pandemic because she thinks hoarding tat is more important.

We still don't know what other charities will benefit from the Teemill fundraiser or if they have been paid yet.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Visceral Bloomers Index could probably apply to her fecking abomination of a pig skin hat though. No need to buy another one ever

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
No that's it in a nutshell. Jack doesn't fully grasp the concept but skim read it and thought... that'll do
Still fascinated to know what happened to all these people helping her on it? I mean she actually gave a run down of all the other people eg an economist and someone from The Grocer amongst others.
After radio silence about it for many weeks there was the usual 'I'm having to do it all on my own and it's a lot of work and I'm EXHAUSTED' about a daft self inflicted task no one asked for or wants.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Listening to the radio 4 thing with a clip from years ago.

Jack is saying tinned potatoes are 540g for 14p so they're cheaper as you can't buy potatoes for 30p a kilo....

Apart from right now potatoes are around 36p a kilo, they were probably a lot cheaper than 30p if you went for the value ones back then.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 11.33.12.png

And if you're being that forensic about the price and value wouldn't you also look that a big chunk of that weight in tinned potatoes is the water 🤦‍♀️, no work is needed as it's printed on the can how much it'll weigh once drained.

Drained weight
345g
Net Contents
567g e

I'm so sorry, I'm sure it's been said :LOL: but the inaccurate performative bullshit even 2 mins into this is off the scale.

Fresh potatoes have the skins and are more nutritious too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Thread title's a banger, yeah! Was Kachooey's pasta the last thread? That was a ..moment.
Sweet pasta (bas..ta) in a super starchy liquid.
mmmm, mmm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Listening to the radio 4 thing with a clip from years ago.

Jack is saying tinned potatoes are 540g for 14p so they're cheaper as you can't buy potatoes for 30p a kilo....

Apart from right now potatoes are around 36p a kilo, they were probably a lot cheaper than 30p if you went for the value ones back then.

View attachment 1219935

And if you're being that forensic about the price and value wouldn't you also look that a big chunk of that weight in tinned potatoes is the water 🤦‍♀️

Drained weight
345g
Net Contents
567g e

I'm so sorry, I'm sure it's been said :LOL: but the inaccurate bullshit even 2 mins into this is off the scale.
And you haven't got to the Nigella bilge yet 😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Just noticed that Jack follows the person being racist against "the Hindutva" at the end of the previous thread. Nice.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.