Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely a sympathy Jaccident cannot be far away.
A chaos is incoming. It’s times like these I’m happy I tell my colleague to go home so I can sit in our office by myself watching it unfold.

There’s too many dissenters out there now for Jack to still be in her bubble. It’s getting to her, and I’m awaiting the volcanic eruption that’s pending on a poor squig who asks what to do with a carrot and some beans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Got to 'yeah none of that has helped' and cackled like an old crone.

Fabulous. Catch y'all later my peachy cobblers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Does everyone believe if she got a regular tv slot, like Saturday Kitchen but on a Wednesday at midnight would that finally make her happy? Or if she owned her own home without bills and could paint her front door?

I’m just musing about what it would take to get this odious little runt away from Twitter and dangerous portion sizes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Babes you monetised tf out of getting your books into the foodbanks. You literally profited from it.

View attachment 1220195
She needs to stop this lie about copyright. There are many copyright exceptions. You can always copy about 5% of any work as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes or make money off it. So IF (and I think it's a big if) a foodbank wanted to hand out 5 recipes of a cookbook that contained 100, you'd struggle to get them on copyright infringement.

Please tell me which publisher would sue a foodbank for doing that. Honestly, they'd have to prove that it negatively impacted sales (how? people who are using foodbanks are hardly going to have money to spend on cookbooks). Can you imagine the press coverage? It's ludicrous, she didn't have to do anything of the sort. BUT it was a great money spinner for her to suggest to her middle class followers that donating her books to a foodbank is a valuable thing to do.

If a foodbank was so worried about it, they could teach her recipes in classes. You can use anything for educational and teaching purposes. Also, last time I checked, Jack didn't have the universal copyright to soda bread or tomato soup made out of tomato soup.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Also it’s wild to see so many legit accounts saying what we’ve been saying, oftentimes better tbh we’ve got two bad bs on the go today??

Like these aren’t just dedicated Jack call out accounts or made in 2022 with 1 follower, actual people with opinions like ours. Like little rays of common sense sunshine 🌞

• Heart
Reactions: 69
She needs to stop this lie about copyright. There are many copyright exceptions. You can always copy about 5% of any work as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes or make money off it. So IF (and I think it's a big if) a foodbank wanted to hand out 5 recipes of a cookbook that contained 100, you'd struggle to get them on copyright infringement.

Please tell me which publisher would sue a foodbank for doing that. Honestly, they'd have to prove that it negatively impacted sales (how? people who are using foodbanks are hardly going to have money to spend on cookbooks). Can you imagine the press coverage? It's ludicrous, she didn't have to do anything of the sort. BUT it was a great money spinner for her to suggest to her middle class followers that donating her books to a foodbank is a valuable thing to do.

If a foodbank was so worried about it, they could teach her recipes in classes. You can use anything for educational and teaching purposes. Also, last time I checked, Jack didn't have the universal copyright to soda bread or tomato soup made out of tomato soup.
Exactly, can you imagine her publisher just casually destroying any chance of further sales and Jacks entire career by suing a foodbank? Like everything else she says, it's an absurd fantasy.

See also that time she claims to have been warned off supporting Black Lives Matter. Like her entire fanbase would go " yeah I used to really rate Jack until I found out she wasn't a white supremacist"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I was pissed off after the terrible Food Programme, now cheered up by that plucky squig

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
But but, but……..BUT…..I thought the juice from tins of beans was toxic, hence every one of her ‘recipe’ books telling everyone to slowly and gently rinse their beans????!!!

head.
Schrödinger's beans both toxic and not toxic. I'm going to publish my Monroe hypotheses soon.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.