Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the r4 stuff has mostly been covered, but is that an overripe banana sitting on a high up shelf above the urad dal?

She mentions Mrs Hinch and Stacey Soloman when talking about the canal because they're Essex based and she'd love to be in their world of earning millions a year. I think their management wouldn't let her anywhere near :LOL: but both of those two also put on an act; one ditzy the other a shy small town girl. They've just been very successful at turning it into millions, unlike Jack.
p0c05qyp.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 37
I’m sure I’ve said it before on here, but consistently is a huge factor in if a food is safe or not . A plate of Asda chicken nuggets , oven chips and sweetcorn ( or whichever food/brand is tolerable) is always going to taste and feel the same . A bowl of Jack’s latest slop is going to be different every time because all ingredients are interchangeable
Didn't she also claim they never eat the same meal twice or something? Doesn't sound likely for anyone but particularly not if your child has sensory issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I’m really confused. Why would you traumatise your son who apparently only wants slop by blending in ingredients he doesn’t like to mask them and bounce off the walls on Twitter as you’ve managed to confuse your son into eating them?

Who am I kidding, it’s not even true about her son. She’s just a dick who can only cook slop.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
(From the end of the last thread)
View attachment 1220095

I honestly don't think anything dodgy is going on. I think her followers are still rising because people are having to quote tweet her to reply. It's making her reach bigger because the quote tweets are appearing on more timelines. It's why she's keeping comments restricted. duck all to do with abuse and everything to do with numbers.
Interesting. Quite sneaky still!

Reactions: 22
Jack claims she can't do roundabouts due to autism/adhd (I forget which) so is therefore, unable to drive.
But but but - she sold her car. God she's such a liar. Screenshot from the Independent (now saved in media, with the web link). Edit to add dear hearts - this gem of a snippet came from a sponsored advertorial called 'How to boost your credit score' in partnership with Experian. Oh the irony!!
JM sold car.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
There’s ladies on Facebook groups offering better meal plans, fully costed and actually read to be nice and filling. Just because, just to share tips. No financial benefit involved.
Yet the pov queen can’t pull a decent plan out of her arse 😒

dunno why it’s ragged me so much, but it has. Also where the fucks the recipe, the cooking methods, the ingredients needed?? Ah right yeah she didn’t add those cos it’s all performative bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Nigella calling Jack's bletherings 'succinct' just goes to show she's never really listened to or read any of Jack's work. Unless Mom doesn't know what succinct means..?
Nigella is pretty verbose, so maybe Jack’s 5000 words about poverty that introduce a recipe for bean curry seem succinct to her.

I’ve found myself disliking Nigella recently. I used one of her cake recipes this weekend and the blathering intro annoyed me, whereas I used to find it charming. Luckily, thanks to the image of Jack eating sloppy fish with her dirty fingers and a rusty spoon, I’ll never be cooking or eating ever again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I didn’t understand roundabouts when I first started driving. In fact I had a whole lesson of nothing but roundabouts for an hour.
It’s just a pattern you have to learn, it’s not a massive mystery. With her forensic abilities I can’t see why it would be an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's back with her twitter partnership (because it was sooooo popular), recommending vegetable peeling stuffing and meringues using aquafaba, the recipe of which she's linked to via a monetised site

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 13.11.31.png

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 13.13.25.png

(incidentally, the photographer in that second screenshot liked TD's Georgia cookbook takedown 🥰 🥰 )

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 71
She's back with her twitter partnership (because it was sooooo popular), recommending vegetable peeling stuffing and meringues using aquafaba, the recipe of which she's linked to via a monetised site

View attachment 1220188

View attachment 1220189

(incidentally, the photographer in that second screenshot liked TD's Georgia cookbook takedown 🥰 🥰 )
Patricia Niven went to the crappy bungalow to photograph Jack for the Del Monte collab.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Nigella is pretty verbose, so maybe Jack’s 5000 words about poverty that introduce a recipe for bean curry seem succinct to her.

I’ve found myself disliking Nigella recently. I used one of her cake recipes this weekend and the blathering intro annoyed me, whereas I used to find it charming. Luckily, thanks to the image of Jack eating sloppy fish with her dirty fingers and a rusty spoon, I’ll never be cooking or eating ever again.
I was watching a Nigella show a few years ago, and Mr Pavlova (rip, bless him) blurted out: "I'm a bloke and if she thinks licking the spoon like that is supposed to turn me on, then I'd rather have a pie and shag the Hairy Bikers."
😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Babes you monetised tf out of getting your books into the foodbanks. You literally profited from it.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 13.17.32.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.