Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She would learn something about working hours if she did, but she won’t because tax dodging, committing fraud and scamming people does not win votes and she would risk being exposed. But she would rather sit on her Mediterranean arse and rake in the funds than actually work
Why doesnt she run for Mp then? It would stoop her being poor and she would be actually doing something worthwhile rather than causing pile ons.

Reactions: 27
She was applying for ridiculous things like fork lift driving jobs. I totally understand looking for work is hard, harder as a parent, and even harder as a single parent, but you just know Jack would've been adding in extra complications and restrictions to it all.

I would be very interested to see what her request for flexible hours at the fire service was. I'm leaning towards it not really being flexi and wanting more of a set hours 9-5 type thing.
Yeah me too, where I work (NHS) people behave as if it’s our fault they decided to have kids in a 24/7 working environment 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 30
Why doesnt she run for Mp then? It would stoop her being poor and she would be actually doing something worthwhile rather than causing pile ons.
Because were she to do so and succeed then any and all examination of her past would be ramped up and her tax records and finances gone over with a fine toothed comb. You cannot in that position distract with a chaos, calls to look at my lovely hat or requests to send me your doggos.

Reactions: 36
Wasn’t the Lorraine thing meant to be every week in April?

There was nothing last week*, although you could maaaybe think that there was a different schedule over the Easter break. Unless there’s something today, it really does look like it’s been quietly dropped.

*is that right? I can’t keep track of Jacktime.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Jack won't even sign up for a Tesco Clubcard because that would track what she actually buys compared to what she performatively buys for Twitter, she would implode in the face of the level of scrutiny a political campaign would bring.

There was nothing last week*, although you could maaaybe think that there was a different schedule over the Easter break. Unless there’s something today, it really does look like it’s been quietly dropped.

There was something last week but it was on a different day to the initial airing, there have been 2 I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

The segments she has had are on the Lorraine website under Food. There are only two of them. We haven't seen the goulash yet. If we don't I feel cheated.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Wow she is a bully beyond belief. I'm seriously concerned about that poor squiggle.
I reckon she reacted like this because she interpreted it as poor lovely squig having a dig at her spending other people's money (hello tip jar and patreon, and all the other grifting) and TRUTH HURTS, BABY.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
It's World Earth Day - wheres the cookbook?
It's Friday - wheres the meal planner that shows how clever you are to get meals for two out of £20 and is bugger all use for anything else?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I can see his tweet, I can’t see that reply
Good god!

I have never known in all my life people that are so sucked in by someone. It's like a cult!

Jack won't even sign up for a Tesco Clubcard because that would track what she actually buys compared to what she performatively buys for Twitter, she would implode in the face of the level of scrutiny a political campaign would bring.

There was something last week but it was on a different day to the initial airing, there have been 2 I think.
Oh I agree, the things that even she has called some Mp would make your toes curl, imagine the freak show she would have if someone did the same to her. I just wish sometimes she would out her money where her mouth is, if she thinks she can do a better job than current MPs then crack on, we all know it would be all peformative and triggering akin to Mr farage and the stunts he pulls with irritating the nation by using triggering I'll thought language.

Reactions: 26
So my husband even noticed the Jack Monroe pile on thread over night and said "all over a misunderstanding, twitter is a cesspit" I then made a comment about jack Monroe but feared too much of a rant, lest I seem obsessed!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
What we all need to lighten the mood is the rinsing and mixing of three tins to make some indescribable shite she calls goulash.

See you at 9?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Said it before, but there really needs to be a roll-eyes reaction.
Ugh. She is revolting.
Again. Why is she so constantly exhausted? She does duck all.
And if she actually does all this stuff (she doesn't) why doesn't she do it with a good heart? Not resentfully. Oh and respect people's privacy instead of spaffing their business all over bleeping twitter to make herself look good.
Oh just duck off Jack. You nasty, manipulative, poisonous individual. I hope she apologises to this squig.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So who do we think - celebrity/blue tick wise - has her number, because they are certainly aware of her, but do they know how poisonous and grifty? TD doesn’t count as 👑 squiggle but she does know many of them. I’m afraid Nigella may be in the bad books until she atones for the latest chaotic iteration of Jack that she encouraged.

I think…

1 Susie Dent defo one of us
2 Marcusmate
3 Tom Kerridge, Jamie Oliver and all Daily Kitchen chefs
4 Ruth & Eamonn
5 Channel 4 news

who else…

• Haha
Reactions: 42
So who do we think - celebrity/blue tick wise - has her number, because they are certainly aware of her, but do they know how poisonous and grifty? TD doesn’t count as 👑 squiggle but she does know many of them. I’m afraid Nigella may be in the bad books until she atones for the latest chaotic iteration of Jack that she encouraged.

I think…

1 Susie Dent defo one of us
2 Marcusmate
3 Tom Kerridge, Jamie Oliver and all Daily Kitchen chefs
4 Ruth & Eamonn
5 Channel 4 news

who else…
I reckon Nigel Slater (she’s @-ed him before, I think, but never any response).

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.