Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see this thread is filling the sidebar of most liked!
Please let the journo from a few weeks ago be printing the Jacksposé soon

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She wouldn’t pass vetting with that twitter floor to stand as an MP. She would need to stand as an Independent and spend some of her followers dosh on a campaign. She’s a delusional idiot who is getting worse. I’m blocking her on twitter.

part of me hopes that she does it for the lolz.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
When she posted the first thread about how her food was secondary to her CAMPAIGNING, I thought she was setting herself up for the Sheila McKechnie award. She must have removed any hope of getting this award now. I hope she has.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
That poor man, the absolute fury that she and her flying monkeys unleashed on him was horrendous. And that's how she treats her fans! She is just a despicable human being.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
She wouldn’t pass vetting with that twitter floor to stand as an MP. She would need to stand as an Independent and spend some of her followers dosh on a campaign. She’s a delusional idiot who is getting worse. I’m blocking her on twitter.

part of me hopes that she does it for the lolz.
When it came up previously Jack was planning to stand for the National Health Action party.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yes. Me too. Even though I know it's manipulation I still feel awful because I've been through certain things that mean I know how it feels to be in a certain place and I will always feel sympathy for that, before I have time to question the truth of it.

Hard agree. Like lots of us I have a history (and present tbh) of spotty mental health, self harm, therapy and some fun diagnoses. It's only my relative anonymity here that means I'm prepared to discuss it, as I don't ever want my daughter to know how bad things got at points because she was part of my life then. Probably the reason I'm still here is that there was just enough left of me when things were bad that thought I knew how bad it would be for my daughter if I wasn't.

I no longer think, I now know, how bad it would have been, because her dad died last year (not suicide, but tbh not far off, just a slow version involving alcohol). We weren't together any more and he was a very non-resident parent, she rarely saw him, but it was utterly devastating for her. I don't have the words for the pain she's been through as a kid losing a parent or really the emotional strength to explain how heartbreaking it has been for all of us who love her (and his other kids, though they are technically grown up now). It's been a lot, though, and Jack, if you grunk and look under this spoiler, then please stop using topics like this to deflect, and please stop writing things about suicide and parental death where your son can read them (and you've said he does read your Twitter). I've been through a lot of hard things, a lot of them on my own, and this one, even with plenty of support, has been the hardest. My ex left a trail of destruction through his childrens' lives with his way of life (always focused on him and his needs and his problems and his worse than everyone else's life) and his horrible death. Think on, please. Grow up. It's not all about you anymore.

Sorry everyone. That was a lot. I'm a bit triggered (which is on me for reading things I shouldn't, I know) I'm probably going to sit in the garden for a bit now.
She’s a liar - and I’m so sorry her thoughtless rant is upsetting everyone. She should be thinking of her son and not putting this out there - especially as I think it’s an exaggeration at best and at worst an absolute fiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I would LOVE for this to happen!
View attachment 1211717
eta - forget to scribble the squiggs!
She would learn something about working hours if she did, but she won’t because tax dodging, committing fraud and scamming people does not win votes and she would risk being exposed. But she would rather sit on her Mediterranean arse and rake in the funds than actually work

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Had to step away from this thread a while back and coming back now without going through the many threads since. Did Jack ever have anything to do with FTMs?
No.

It’s quite telling that she has never promoted FTMs. She did say she was ‘working behind the scenes’ but MR and TK have never mentioned her.

Judging by last night’s performance, they’re wise to steer clear. Nasty piece of work who just wants to be lauded by the Twitterati and feted by her media chums at the Groucho Club.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Usually usually usually I just laugh. I mean, she’s so ridiculous. But today she has really gotten to me. Weaponising suicide is a crappy move Jack. And as others have pointed out the death of a parent, or even contemplating it, for whatever reasons, is something that really f*cks kids up. Poor SB 😢
And she’s stated not so long back that he googles her tweets. Poor kid.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
“I don’t need to be universally liked - read this long, boring thread where I tell a lot of lies and lay on the guilt really heavy, in the hope that you will like me”.

no one as busy as she claims prowls Twitter for every single mention of their own name and definitely doesn’t have the time to write such long, manipulative replies to throw away comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
She would learn something about working hours if she did, but she won’t because tax dodging, committing fraud and scamming people does not win votes and she would risk being exposed. But she would rather sit on her Mediterranean arse and rake in the funds than actually work
This. 👆🏻
Plus the fact that a lot of an MP's work isn't standing in the HOC making rousing speeches with TV friendly soundbites but hard, thankless work on behalf of their constituents. It is absolutely not a string of TV appearances and shouting at the Opposition.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Any adult who is still bragging about their reading age at 5 knows deep down that they haven’t got much going for them in reality (and/or is just a massive narcissist…)
I could read before I started school, whilst attending infants, I was regularly taken to the junior school to obtain reading material. Apart from you guys, I don’t think I have mentioned it to anyone my entire life

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
“I don’t need to be universally liked - read this long, boring thread where I tell a lot of lies and lay on the guilt really heavy, in the hope that you will like me”.

no one as busy as she claims prowls Twitter for every single mention of their own name and definitely doesn’t have the time to write such long, manipulative replies to throw away comments.
That thread reminds me of her ‘HE’S DEAD’ retort to Edwina Currie about late, lamented landlord Grandpapa. Whenever she’s challenged, she has to play the victim.

Not a fan but Edwina sussed her out, good and proper.

Reactions: 43
You know what? I’ve always given to charity. When I’ve had the square root of eff right all too. And that’s what annoys me. Loads of people give. All the frigging time.

this is a genuine question. The 100k she claims to have raised for charity. How? Book royalties? Asking people on twitter to donate? Who has she given to. I’m genuinely wanting to know

I’d respect her far more if she closed her Patreon
Grunking, but there was a crowdfunder which raised about £80k and del Monte gave £10k to magic breakfast as part of their partnership. Then there's Teemill (sorry!) and a few other smaller bits e.g. live on the line for Oxfam.

It doesn't erase the harm she's done and she could've done so much more, but that part is true.

However notice how low effort they were - mostly due to her number of twitter followers

I know people who have raised over the last 10 years for causes they care about doing things like running challenges, quiz nights, discos etc.

Reactions: 34
Yes, she has raised over 100k. And has done some work apparently for various charities. That doesn’t make you immune to criticism Jack!

and not being open about the teemill money and dodging tax is disgraceful behaviour before you start criticising anyone else.
Exactly, there was a certain dj who raised millions for charity and worked for them and we all know what happened there. My mum in law, now in her 80’s, has raised loads of money for 2 local charities, she has always just got on with it and never found the need to brag.
If Jack were any good at what she started 10 year ago then she would be far better known but she isn’t she just likes to add herself to the bandwagon whilst talking shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
But last week she told a pensioner off for trying to make a cheap meal, can’t make head nor tail of her.
Yes but before she helped the new old lady, she clearly established her voting preferences. The other old lady who didn’t cost the butter on her toast (the same way as Jack didn’t cost the orange peel because she had the oranges in) was a Tory therefore she deserved to be lambasted.
Imagine Jack in the HoC? Never thinks of starting small, does she? Grassroots campaigns, maybe run as a councillor and take it from there…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Just a question - has the gig of a lifetime, 7 years in the making, turned out to be two, 2-min pre-recorded slots on not-Lorraine? Is that it? Jack, we know you read here. Is this why you’re so mad? Were there more recorded but they’ve decided to ditch them? Just to clarify, it’s not our fault. It’s not the fault of the poor, innocent squiggle last night either. It’s on you. You are the reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.