Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very Matt much Matt is definitely one of us.

I suspect he's threatened to resign if Jack is ever allowed into the studio again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Yo be fair she had raised over £100k. But actually, over 10 years, given her profile that's not actually that much...
Jimmy Saville raised millions for Stoke Mandeville, Rose West baked cakes and fed her victims before Fred finished them off. No one is immune to criticism just because they once raised a few quid for charity or they fed someone less well off than them. You’re 100% right. In ten years, 100k is nothing really. The best folk out there are the ones who raise money or help others with no self promotion at all. She could of raised millions if she actually put her mind to it and truthfully thought of others rather than herself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Wow, so many pages behind but this communication is so manipulative and abusive. If this was between two romantic partners you’d tell them to run for the hills.

What she’s doing here in true crime ✨parlance✨ would be called an “upstanding member of the community offender”. Anything from scout leaders to celebrities, people that do the most because it a) gives them access to their victims b) it grooms the community into disbelieving victims as well as scaring victims of being shunned from their communities if they do ever speak out c) it works in their favour as a character reference in the courts. We all know of them whether it’s huge global nonce or a local nonce. Jack isn’t a nonce but is a total scammer.

With this 70 year old woman - if she’s real she deserves help from the proper bodies. Like proper referrals, proper care and sustained after care, all from experts with the means to assist and make proper referrals for her. Idk why Jack wants to put herself in this terrible position with no actual knowledge, no colleagues, no protocols or professional indemnity insurance. Heaven forbid this woman was to pass away after talking to Jack or following her “tips” what happens then?

ETA - tattle has changed n*nce to ponce, isn’t that a slur?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Are the all Imported?
Homegrown. Transport costs, Covid, flooding, drought etc make things very expensive up here. I tend to use a fair bit of frozen veg. I know Jack loves her tins, but personally not a fan of a lot of tinned veg.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Has anyone ever noticed reminders of her everywhere. My kids are watching SpongeBob before we leave for school and Patrick and just said, "looks like slop to me" I mean it's like Vlad is talking to us through all mediums.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Wasn’t the Lorraine thing meant to be every week in April?

There was nothing last week*, although you could maaaybe think that there was a different schedule over the Easter break. Unless there’s something today, it really does look like it’s been quietly dropped.

*is that right? I can’t keep track of Jacktime.
Have any of the other super savers been on?

So who do we think - celebrity/blue tick wise - has her number, because they are certainly aware of her, but do they know how poisonous and grifty? TD doesn’t count as 👑 squiggle but she does know many of them. I’m afraid Nigella may be in the bad books until she atones for the latest chaotic iteration of Jack that she encouraged.

I think…

1 Susie Dent defo one of us
2 Marcusmate
3 Tom Kerridge, Jamie Oliver and all Daily Kitchen chefs
4 Ruth & Eamonn
5 Channel 4 news

who else…
I would bet my last copper coin that Marcus has not given her a second thought since that fateful day.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Jimmy Saville raised millions for Stoke Mandeville, Rose West baked cakes and fed her victims before Fred finished them off. No one is immune to criticism just because they once raised a few quid for charity or they fed someone less well off than them. You’re 100% right. In ten years, 100k is nothing really. The best folk out there are the ones who raise money or help others with no self promotion at all. She could of raised millions if she actually put her mind to it and truthfully thought of others rather than herself.
Just catching up and seeing the Saville references 😂 some great minds on here!

Reactions: 13
So who do we think - celebrity/blue tick wise - has her number, because they are certainly aware of her, but do they know how poisonous and grifty? TD doesn’t count as 👑 squiggle but she does know many of them. I’m afraid Nigella may be in the bad books until she atones for the latest chaotic iteration of Jack that she encouraged.

I think…

2 Marcusmate
4 Ruth & Eamonn
5 Channel 4 news

who else…
I think there is definitely a food journo WhatsApp group and hopefully they saw what happened last night.

if anyone remembers those two women that were on DKL doing the bbq stuff. In the episode they were saying stuff like bung It in if I remember correctly. They are nice to her face but I think they could see the truth.

Reactions: 27
I think there is definitely a food journo WhatsApp group and hopefully they saw what happened last night.

if anyone remembers those two women that were on DKL doing the bbq stuff. In the episode they were saying stuff like bung It in if I remember correctly. They are nice to her face but I think they could see the truth.
I am loving Trifle Defenders comments. As she is pally with Nigella the word must be getting out to her.

Reactions: 36

I agree, I’m pretty sure that other than Mom (who is simply dying to retain her appeal with the young, hip set, dahling) she’s essentially blacklisted with the food set and it’s why she keeps tweeting about how she’s ACKSHUALLY a political journalist and she started out in council chambers blah di fuckin blah. I think the Venereal Bollocks Index was an attempt stop slinging the slop and move in this direction but she’s so arrogant and thick she didn’t realise that you actually need both access to proper data and the ability to know what to do with it to be able to make any impact this way.

She’s a dreadful, dreadful person but it’s actually quite fun watching her identity crises play out live. The texture-free sludge she calls food is the only thing that realistically makes her any money, but she knows it means she loses all credibility in the foodie set.

Interesting that she said she and OH dress similarly. That’s because you latched onto his interests and bought a £100 flat cap you lovebombing narc. Other than being in recovery what do you actually have in common? Very little, I should imagine.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Have any of the other super savers been on?

I would bet my last copper coin that Marcus has not given her a second thought since that fateful day.
I think he has, imagine being asked to do some work at a local school then a manic pixie shows up and starts doing spinning laps of the kitchen and dancing before you serve up weird looking meatballs and being told, "you will get there one day" when you mention your not much of a cook by someone who claims they can but everything they make looks questionable. He probably has deep ingrained memories of that day!

• Haha
Reactions: 37

I think…

2 Marcusmate
4 Ruth & Eamonn
5 Channel 4 news

who else…
Either Sandi or one of the QI elves 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Imagine being 34, having used a food bank once in your otherwise very cushy life, and then having 'Former foodbank user' as the first thing in your twitter bio. Followed by 'Campaigner against poverty.' but not paying taxes yourself.

You couldn't make it up!
Can we just cut and paste this … add a link to the wiki and then pop it as a reply to every person who twatters about how brill she is 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I just want to say what a brilliant and funny space this is, when the journalists come knocking all the nasty nasty shameful things she has sent out into the world are here, who ever screenshots is absolutely wonderful, not missing a trick. I hope karma catches up soon. X

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I don't think it means she's immune to criticism, but I think this place is at its best when it focuses on the truth and highlights her actual lies and hypocrisy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Another thing on the MP angle (broken record I know) is whatever your views on Jeremy Corbyn, he does more low key volunteer work than Jack ever has in addition to his job (Using JC as the example due to her criticism of him). I doubt Jack could even commit to a Dennis Skinner style 100% attendance ethos. She would be too tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.