Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is today finally a slop squad day?

Also to add to the secret list of fraus… how about Martin Money Saving? No mentions of the charidee monopoly match for a while 🤔

Reactions: 22
Sorry lurker here butting in with my tuppence worth.
It was the earlier thread from the non fans that very obviously set her off tonight. She’s been swinging between self pity and spoiling for a fight since she realised it was her they were discussing. She hadn’t the backbone to tackle them head on so she unleashed her anger and her flying halfwits at that poor man.
I do not like the woman but tonight was about as low as it gets. She’s like a younger version of Trump.
Hello and blessings be! I’m guessing your @ is a mashup of two spectacular Terry Pratchett characters? A riff if you will !

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hopefully Paul Hollywood’s got word out a bit as well - he’s not the shiniest of characters himself; but I haven’t heard that he’s difficult to work with. Maybe Prue and Mary and the rest of that crowd are wise to it all too (I live in hope - it’s all we’ve got!)

Reactions: 29
I bet James Martin cant stand her either. Apparently he’s a big fan of butter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm always doubtful about the term "raising" money. It's the people that send in their money that should get the praise. Sitting in a bath of beans (do people still do this?) doesn’t isn't money it's the supporters. They don't get enough credit

• Heart
Reactions: 36
So who do we think - celebrity/blue tick wise - has her number, because they are certainly aware of her, but do they know how poisonous and grifty? TD doesn’t count as 👑 squiggle but she does know many of them. I’m afraid Nigella may be in the bad books until she atones for the latest chaotic iteration of Jack that she encouraged.

I think…

1 Susie Dent defo one of us
2 Marcusmate
3 Tom Kerridge, Jamie Oliver and all Daily Kitchen chefs
4 Ruth & Eamonn
5 Channel 4 news

who else…
Matt of the Forearms. His Missus definitely lurks on here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Catching up as always, but I am constantly appalled at verified accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers (there are actual newspapers with fewer followers than Jack) inciting a pile-on towards a member of general public - regardless of whether Squig's views are offensive or, like here, just misunderstood. It's such an abuse of power, such an exercise in punching down. Bullying, in fact. And then she has the gall to say, move on, it'll 'blow over by morning'. Well, yes, for you because this is your trade, this is the dance you do. The abuse that Squig got has probably really affected him - it would me. Jack should have put out a proper mea culpa tweet, not hidden stuff in replies, and called off her dogs very openly.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I think he has, imagine being asked to do some work at a local school then a manic pixie shows up and starts doing spinning laps of the kitchen and dancing before you serve up weird looking meatballs and being told, "you will get there one day" when you mention your not much of a cook by someone who claims they can but everything they make looks questionable. He probably has deep ingrained memories of that day!
I remember reading on Mumsnet that they tried to introduce her recipes into home economics (or whatever it's called now) lessons, but the kids refused to eat them. Don't know if this is true or not.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Constituent : I've lost my job and can't afford the mortgage payments. My family might become homeless.
Jack : I RENT

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I remember reading on Mumsnet that they tried to introduce her recipes into home economics (or whatever it's called now) lessons, but the kids refused to eat them. Don't know if this is true or not.
Yeah, I can picture some middle class teacher following her and trying to force this crap on working class kids.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.