Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"she is a credit to herself and her school, debunking all of the arrogant myths of substandardness that surround comprehensive education."

Alright, Adrian Mole. Simmer down.
I am pissing myself laughing at the Adrian Mole comment. Made my day,-it’s been a long day - so thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Mega OT ...but... I was in the co.op yesterday in Jack's second home...and a lady in front of me in the queue didn't have enough money for her shopping

The guy behind her stepped forward, bought 20 fags and said "put that on my card too".

It was so... discreet and non showy and kind. He paid for all her stuff along with his tabs. So adorable.

Oh, and Jack's a twit
I paid for a guys shopping in Lidl one day too. I don’t think I’ve ever told anyone. It wasn’t much - less than a tenner but whatever happened I’m not sure, but he put his stuff through, paid for it then put a separate lot through and didn’t have enough to pay for it all so was going to start putting little bits back so I just paid for the small bundle. He was thankful without causing a scene for either of us. It is nice to be nice.
Off topic again here, again, I’ve never shared this with anyone. My mum is in her 70s, has a small pension and top up from DWP. She does alright but she knows what it’s like to struggle. Just before Christmas she was in Tesco for some shopping, she seen a youngish lady with her son and they were looking through the yellow sticker fridge. The boy was saying something along the lines of ‘could we have a steak for Christmas dinner?’ And she said no they couldn’t afford it and they’d have something out of the yellow sticker fridge instead. Her and my mum exchanged smiles and then passed each other in another aisle. The boy was asking for something else and again, the lady said they couldn’t afford it.
my mum ended up giving the boy £5 and saying merry Christmas. He asked his mum if he could keep it and she said yes - reader, he ran off to pick something for his mum for a Christmas gift 🥺
Anyway, my mum gave the girl £20 and told her to treat herself to something nice for dinner. The girl just quietly said thanks - I truly hope it helped her out.
my mum didn’t even tell my siblings so she would die if she knew I’d shared it here. My point is, many people can do nice things for people without being performative about it. Jack cannot. She is not that type. She wants to be carried shoulder high through the streets of the land for tweeting, but actually doesNOTHING. I don’t even believe she would help out at a food bank, and I don’t believe she cooks 1800 test recipes and packages them up for a community kitchen either.
if she told me the sky was blue i’d double check for myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 107
duck off, duck off, duck off , duck off. You bleeping triggering witch. Half a bleeping yoghurt in the fridge, 6ft tall and a size 10, and no bleeping support whatsoever ever. And then I got a decent GP.
All of a sudden I have benefits, a social worker, a care coordinator, everything. No family, mind. 18 months in hospital with the housekeeping staff calling me Kate Moss because I was so skinny - I’m not even white or beautiful. One of them who was kind used to bring me a sandwich in my room and say, “try and eat it, sweetheart. I won’t tell anyone”. 20 years begging for an autism diagnosis before I got one. Fed the worst, most toxic bipolar meds because the shrinks got it wrong. So duck YOU JACK, with your bleeping shite, no spoilers, no triggers, just attention seeking. And meanwhile, those of us who have been there, joke and blag our way through life because that’s what we know and how we cope. duck off with your tit food and your ED calorie portions and your lying, grifting tit. I despise you. I literally despise you,. Now, 9 years in the same job, earning, living, cooking, more or less content with my lot. Could have done better, but life….. the bleeping opportunities that you’ve had handed to you you ingrate. Jesus, the women you’ve dated, the places you’ve been, the money you’ve had. Just shut the duck up about yourself, you celebrity chasing bint. The people you could have helped if it wasn’t about you and your bleeping status. duck off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 125
Yes, she has raised over 100k. And has done some work apparently for various charities. That doesn’t make you immune to criticism Jack!

and not being open about the teemill money and dodging tax is disgraceful behaviour before you start criticising anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Those tweets are grim and unnecessary 😕
Obviously lies though. Especially the council part, how did she have time to attend council meetings when she had a small child. Particularly when childcare issues were cited as one of the reasons for her leaving the fire service. I know SB could have been at grandparents or nursery but in that case, why could they not help Jack when she worked at the fire service?

• Heart
Reactions: 48
What would Jack even say to a single dad who's got 2 tins of spaghetti hoops in his cupboard? 'Oh, you should head down to the shops to buy some chick peas and garlic to make my world famous rinsed hoop pasta e ceci for a little taste of Italy, mate'.

Incidentally, would you look at this 'recipe' from Good Food for Bad Days. Like, this is an actual recipe in an actual recipe book. It's beyond a joke.

View attachment 1210853
This recipe is mad. It’s all a joke to her isn’t it.
She’s made a living out of this, insane. I’m genuinely stumped.

ETA: I also firmly believe that recipes such as this one are why she is not called out, no one can say “her recipes are awful” when there’s no way on this earth that anyone is actually cooking them. It’s like when our favourite oil rigger came and said they’d never tried the recipes but they looked ok. Obviously we all know that’s her demographic anyway!

There is no tinned food item she will leave unrinsed, that incenses me too.

Reactions: 37
Yes, she has raised over 100k. And has done some work apparently for various charities. That doesn’t make you immune to criticism Jack!

and not being open about the teemill money and dodging tax is disgraceful behaviour before you start criticising anyone else.
Exactly this.

And she's definitely raised more than £100k for herself!!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
You know what? I’ve always given to charity. When I’ve had the square root of eff right all too. And that’s what annoys me. Loads of people give. All the frigging time.

this is a genuine question. The 100k she claims to have raised for charity. How? Book royalties? Asking people on twitter to donate? Who has she given to. I’m genuinely wanting to know

I’d respect her far more if she closed her Patreon

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Look I think she might be telling the truth about OH. You just can't fake online conversations with people that easily, like this very real convo I had with my OH. Didn't I tell you I had an OH? Wouldn't you like to know more about my OH? Well you can't, I shan't tell you anything about my OH. My OH is not for public consumption, apart from in this instance and every other instance in which I mention my OH.

a convo with my oh.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 147
How long did Jack work at the fire service?
Did she actually just not pass her probation period due to being a lazy slopmuffin?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Going rogue and off topic to provide a public health warning - in the spirit of Pringles and growlers

📢 DO NOT GOOGLE MR TUMBLE CAR EXHAUST 📢
Someone in Google HQ are currently wondering why Mr Tumble car exhaust hits have rocketed 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I’m not comparing Jack to Jimmy Savile, but he raised tens of millions for charity. So what? It doesn’t make him a good person; it demonstrates that he used his position and standing to gaslight and abuse people who were vulnerable and constantly *tapped the sign* to remind people of all the good he’d done.
An abuse of position you might call it.
Sound familiar, Jack?
And also, if the woman in her 70s is real then shame on you for sharing personal details for click bait.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.